[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable emulation options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (107KB, 1100x962px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
107KB, 1100x962px
Right now, my go-to device is a GPD XD. It's okay, but the d-pad is a little rough. I also have one of pic related, and an S8+.

It's absolutely perfect, except for one ever so slight flaw. The sticks don't click. There's no L3/R3 buttons, so I can't use it with Moonlight as a Shield-esque portable.

Was just wondering if you've got a portable solution, or what the state of that part of the market is like now.
>>
>>4097715
>XD
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>4097715
>not being able to take a break from games and leave them at home
I'm a fatass loser and even I can manage not gaming for a few hours.
>>
>>4097715
XD is shit. It runs android 4.4 which uses dalvik to run apps in a VM, resulting in a worse performance. It's abandoned.
Just buy a 15$ controller with R3/L3 buttons and an OTG cable. And keep using your phone. For now this is the best android option until an emulation device with Nougat is made.

GPD WIN 2 will be released soon. It's pros are it will have windows as an OS so you get access to desktop titles, but still no L3 R3 apparently.
A cheaper and still as good option is PS Vita with 3.60 firmware.
>>
>>4097715
>a fucking holder attached to the goddamn phone
>bluetooth
Fuck everything, technology was a mistake.
>>
N3DS is the best portable emulation device.
>>
>>4097715
Theres a better version of this it was called the Handjoy NPRO. I think it has L3/R3 but it looks like headphones would fit in. I wouldnt buy either for this reason >>4098172 holy shit get help. Buy an e-reader and read some great books or ero fan fiction or something. Put down the games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDs72IwC3e8
>>
>>4098147
THATS LITERALLY WHAT ITS CALLED
>>
>>4099012
how new
>>
>>4098172
>this post
>this board

Anyway, is there any way to play mouse-based PC or Amiga games on Android, does anyoone know?
>>
>>4098645
It needs to work with different types of phones. They don't all have the same connector in the same spot...
>>
>>4098172
Not OP, but I can't spend too much time gaming at home. Portables that can handle scanline filters are pretty useful for me.
>>
>>4099012
It's a fairly old meme to get mad when someone says "XD" when it's obviously not a face in the situation.

>>4099293
>>>/v/
Stay there.
Never come back.
Kill yourself immediately. The sooner you do it, the happier you'll be.
>>
lol XD
>>
i use the psp. easy to hack, has native access to playstation and psp libraries. emulates most retro game consoles.
>>
>>4099656
>>>>/v/
There is literally no difference anymore though.
>>
>>4098172
>>4098708
FUCK YOU GRANDPA
>>
>>4099571
What a heap of trash.
>>
>>4099729
Loser. PSP Vita is permanently hackable, has full psp mode + ps1 support, and retroarch runs pretty optimized on it. SD adapters are for sale this week if you know where to look. AMOLED portable emulation on AMOLED Oh YeAh
>>
>>4098172
>>4098708
What on earth is wrong with you that you don't have a portable gaming system? Why are you here? What do you talk about? Are you waiting for when the original Call of Duty is 'retro' so you can shit up the board with it?
>>
>>4097715
I've actually been looking at getting a controller for my phone and I've narrowed it down between the FlyDigi Wee or an 8Bitdo with an Xtander.

I can't find any lengthy reviews for this thing. How's the Dpad? Is it clicky or squishy? Any problems with diagonals on fighters or platformers?

I know the 8Bitdo controllers have issues with diagonals on their dpads, so if this doesn't I'm basically sold.
>>
File: 0887.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0887.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
>>4097715
GPD Win
>>
>>4098207
>GPD WIN 2 will be released soon.
Stop with this bullshit, no it won't.

Even the shit they are planning uses the same SoC.
>>
>>4100669
It would be good if it didn't have a keyboard.
>>
>>4098704
Vita is better for emulation, PSX games run like shit on the N3DS.
>>
>>4097715
thinking of buying the gamepad mod for motorola phones, if it isn't too expensive
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.