[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normie games vs memester games during the 90s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 9ff.png (198KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
9ff.png
198KB, 550x535px
Which games were like the FIFA games of the 90s?

And which games did non-conformists play?

Or did normies play video games at all during the 90?
>>
Take your memes and leave.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
>>4097496
>Which games were like the FIFA games of the 90s?
>>
>>4097496
>>4097496
This board needs less children
>>
Meme, Normie, etc weren't words used in the 90s, at least not in the context you're using them.
It was a different world anon, only way you could experience what it was like would be with a time machine.
>>
>>4097496
I see you're posting the nazi alt-right Trump frog so you're probably some kind of edgy kid. Try Mortal Kombat, Postal, or Splatterhouse.
>>
normies played the same games as everyone else. these games that non-conformist kids play today, they were normie toys
>>
>>4097496
>frogpost
>normies
you don't belong here
>>>/v/
>>
>>4097496

>normies

nhl '95
street fighter
mortal Kombat
Zelda
Super Punchout

>Memesters

Final Fantasy
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Secret of Mana

Pretty much anything that involved reading or math of any sort was not normie-tier popular at all.
>>
>Normies
Sega consoles
>Redditors
Nintendo consoles
>Memesters
Computers
>>
>>4097496
Depends when in the 90s, and depends on the age of the people you're talking about.

The first normie console for adults was the PlayStation, everything before that was just good for children and teenagers at best (it was not normie for an adult to play a Super NES).
>>
>>4097659
This thread is such a load of shit.
>>
>>4097496
Madden 95
NBA Jam/NBA Jam TE
Wayne Gretski Hockey
Tecmo Baseball

pretty much all the shitty sport games you can get for $5 a pop nowadays
>>
>>4097496
FIFA games of other decades, frog child who needs to return to it's containment board.
>>
>>4097589

>> alt-right frog

Pepe has been around forever. They just happen to be one of many groups that frog post.
>>
>>4100487
Thanks for throwing the thread back on the front page.
>>
>>4097496
As mentioned, those terms did not exist either in name or concept in the 90's.
But there were video game geeks and casual players.
Casual players tended towards arcade style games (platforms, shooters), sports games, and fight games.
RGPs in all their forms appealed largely to the geeks. But geeks also tended to be computer gamers in the 90s.
If you only owned a console for gaming, chances are you were a casual gamer.
>>
>>4097496
there were actually quite a couple here are some...

>get a clue
>seek sunlight
>hit the gym
>take a shower
>pursue a career
>have sex
>>
>>4102370
Ok then
>>
I dunno OP. I was a kid back then. Kids my age owned games like Echo the Dolphin and Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi. Also Pokemon.. I enjoyed Animaniacs and SNES wrestling games. But my favorite game to rent from King Supers was AAGGHH!! Real Monsters for the SNES.

I knew somebody whose dad liked to play Contra on the NES. According to the kid we were allowed to play it but there was a sense of cautiousness like that game was valuable to him or something.

I didn't know what a non conformist was until high school when I started getting angry and got a mohawk.
>>
>>4098675
>Tecmo Baseball not Football
>NBA JAM
>Shit

you've never played NBA JAM have you
>>
File: 1429313916231.jpg (29KB, 378x462px) Image search: [Google]
1429313916231.jpg
29KB, 378x462px
>>4097496
can you fucking leave?
>>
>>4100497
seeing you fags react like this is making me wish I had frogs to post
>>
>>4102370
did you copy your to-do list here by accident
>>
>>4097496
kill yourself retard
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.