[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked this up at the flea market. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

Just picked this up at the flea market. Thoughts?
>>
File: haunted-castle.gif (2MB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
haunted-castle.gif
2MB, 256x224px
Simon walks like he shat himself and is desperately trying to make his way to the next toilet.
>>
Actually took me a good while to realize that OP was doing.

Heh, I'll check it out when I get back from work.
But I'm sort of glad we don't have e-celeb shit anymore.
>>
>>4096743
The level design is kinda boring and it's bullshit hard if you don't play the Japanese version. Still a better CV game than IV. Also has a great OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7t0YV0qn0
>>
>>4097649
>Still a better CV game than IV.
Still with this thing? Come on, can't we have a Castlevania game without guys having hateboner for IV? I know, I know, it's too popular with normies! Diagonal whipping! Meh.
I agree about the OST, it's incredibly good.
>>
>>4096743
James and Mike Mondays
>>
>>4097649
>Still a better CV game than IV
This is false and you are a dummy with poopy opinions
>>
>>4097807
Your opinions are POOPY.
Rondo of Blood is the best Castlevania anyway, and I like Bloodlines more than IV too, so hardly a blind Nintendo fanboy
>>
>>4097807
>Nintenbabby
Nice summer /v/-tier insult.
>>
>>4097826
It's not summer here in Australia.
>>
>>4097839
I didn't imply it was summer in your country, just that your post reeked of summer /v/.
>>
>>4097826
>summer
>it's -10° outside
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>4097858
Read: >>4097846
>>
>>4097861
But it isn't summer.
>>
>>4097867
I know man, global warming is harsh.
>>
>>4097882
You know Australia-kun is not actually Australian, right?
>>
>>4097891
He's probably a Kiwi. Would explain why New Zealand Story is in his top 5 games of all time.
>>
>>4096743
jeez, wonder why this is posted today? Oh right, came on mike and james monday
>>
>>4096743
Just watched the video. The JP version allows continues and has lower enemy damage.
>>
File: ignoreaustralian.png (65KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
ignoreaustralian.png
65KB, 919x737px
NEVER FORGET
>>
>arcade game
>flea market
>>
>>4098462
>8. Super Castlevania Bros.
God dammit, Australia-kun.
>>
File: image.png (139KB, 450x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139KB, 450x468px
>>4098615
What's the matter?
>>
>>4096840
You'd think it's be flaring out super hard right now, seeing how warm it's been...
>>
>>4097692
You forgot "it's too casual" and "it takes too long to clear".
>>
>>4097649
>Still a better CV game than IV.
Why do people on /vr/ have such godawful opinions?
>>
>>4098448

To be fair, a former operator or angry spouse/widow/irritated parent of an arcade collector could certainly sell a Haunted Castle/AD at a flea market.
>>
>>4096743
Not technically a good game but my god it was satisfying to complete
>>
>>4098846
Nerd... had a hard life.
>>
>>4097692
I don't really care what normies say, I just don't exactly like SCV4. It's always played extremely boring compared to Rondo, and what was to come after (SotN). For the record I don't like CV1-3 either, and only care that Bloodline looks unique thanks to the Genesis colors.

What I'm trying to say is old castlevanias actually really suck, and I think a lot of the love for them is nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>4098961
It's okay to have that opinion, in reality, nobody gives a shit about what each person prefers, the thing with IV on this specific board is that we have a resident mentally ill person who apparently dedicates his life to hating the game and letting people know that he hates the game, he's been going on for years now.
>>
>>4098846
Punished Nerd.
>>
File: 1493254283761.jpg (28KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1493254283761.jpg
28KB, 500x355px
>>4098795
>>4098809
>gets called out for having shit opinions
>"t-triggered much s-snowflake? something something safe space? gb2 reddit xD"
If anyone's "triggered" and needs a "safe opinion" site it's the contrarians that launch into nonsensical tantrums when someone makes fun of them.
>>
>thread is about Haunted Castle
>somehow it's actually about Castlevania 4

o...kay?
Anyway, I always ignored 4 because I kept reading it's too easy, but thanks to Australia-kun's shitposting I went ahead and checked it out. Actually I was surprised, liked it a lot and wasn't really easier than other Castlevanias, in fact I felt it was a lot harder than the original Castlevania (other than Death without holy water).

As for Haunted Castle, as already stated the japanese version is the one to go, USA version is just fucked up. I mean sure you can get good and try to 1cc, but eh...
It's not a very good game, the controls don't work well with Simon's gargantuan hitbox. It's not unplayable or horrible but for CV standards it's rather poor. Love the visuals and music though.
>>
>>4099978
https://warosu.org/vr/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=triggered+normie
dude.
>>
>>4099984
It's pretty easy to tell who's the one actually triggered, lel.
>>
>>4100041
There's more than one janitor and the ones that can actually delete posts are the mods, not the janitors.
>/vr/ would be a better place if the mods didn't delete my shitposts
Neh.
>>
>>4100061
t. triggeread australia
>>
>>4100226
Probably because >>4100068 isn't spamming shitposts one after another. Mods can check IPs and see who's shitposting what.
>>
>>4100232
>Gookmoot needs to fire that faggot's ass already.
E-mail him about it australia. I'm sure Hiro will care a lot that you can't shitpost about castlevania on /vr/ because some evil, tyrant janny is persecuting you.
Oh wait, he won't, and he will sell your data for some shekerus.
>>
>>4099037
It all started from EgoRaptor disliking it. He made a video about why its a bad game, just like how other anons parrot him about the N64 titles of Zelda.
>>
File: 1443145415026.jpg (60KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443145415026.jpg
60KB, 509x720px
>>4102094
>Egoraptor in 2017
>>
>>4102094
>He made a video about why its a bad game
No, he never said it's a bad game (in fact, he said it's a great game), he just made that video because he wanted to sound smart, but then he did the GG castlevania IV episode and everyone could see how little did he know about the game, and how he couldn't get past stage 8 and then gave up. He admitted to have never finished Castlevania IV, too hard for him.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.