[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does pic related rank for RPGs all time? Top 20? Top 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Wildarmscase.jpg (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Wildarmscase.jpg
23KB, 256x256px
Where does pic related rank for RPGs all time? Top 20? Top 10?

Easily a top 10 for me but maybe I am falling prey to nostalgia.
>>
>>4095386
It probably wouldn't even make my top 50.

But if you enjoyed it that's really all that matters.
>>
>>4095386
I personally find it pretty mediocre. The western setting is refreshing but overall I don't feel it really does much else interesting.

As >>4095391 said, if you enjoy it that's all that matters then.
>>
>>4095386
Top 50
>>
It's excellent. Chock full of secrets and optional stuff, loaded with great scenes (closure of the intro with the king's funeral, Zeik being eaten) and fantastic locations. The characters are interesting (Cecilia not so, though) and so are the villains.
>>
>>4095386
I'd definitely stick in my top 20. I thought Wild Arms 2 was better, but 1 is still pretty good.
>>
>>4095386
Top 40, I guess, in a much lower ranking than WA2.
>>
>>4095606
Are the secrets and optional stuff like every other PSX-era JRPG where you need to keep your eyes glued to a FAQ to get the best out of the game
>>
File: Surprise-Zed.jpg (36KB, 331x346px) Image search: [Google]
Surprise-Zed.jpg
36KB, 331x346px
>>4095386
I enjoyed the remake a lot more.
>>
File: 5x0CRkF.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5x0CRkF.png
100KB, 500x500px
>>4095723
You have to look but it's not impossible. Finding
Ragu O Ragula is a bitch though

>>4095743
>can't even summon Ge Ramtos

Ge Tout
>>
File: RebeccaWA5.jpg (196KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
RebeccaWA5.jpg
196KB, 625x625px
The whole series is pretty darned good. They don't repeat, but they rhyme. Nostalgia-wise I would say 2 is the most comfy

On the other hand, I like Wild Arms 5 for the plot
>>
>>4095386
I dunno I'm a big fan of the franchise, but the original was never my favorite. Even with all the quirks of the English translation, I was always more into 2nd Ignition with it's weird Watchmen-esque spin on the whole JRPG/anime tropes. And WA3 just had the most going for it in terms of aesthetic and good atmosphere all around.
>>
>>4095386
Battle graphics are balls, but everything else is great.

Cecilia is legit one of the best female JRPG protagonists (albeit being a total mary sue). You think the game is about Rudy but it's really about Cecilia.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.