[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beat em ups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gfs_29454_2_23.jpg (111KB, 1000x583px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_29454_2_23.jpg
111KB, 1000x583px
This game has really unconventional hitboxes and weird enemy invincibility. What's the key to being good at this game?

Normally in beatemups, you want to exploit enemies by being above/below them, but in this game it seems that attacking them horizontally is more efficient because (1) your punch's hitbox has much greater horizontal coverage than what appears on screen, and (2) your hitboxes have shitty vertical coverage unlike most beatemups.

What's the trick to being good at this game? I already know about stuff like the hidden weapons, Huang's 5 hit combo, grab tricks, etc. But none of them will up your game necessarily. This game seems really bread-and-butter, so to speak (I don't mean that in a bad way).
>>
Play defensively, don't rely on grabs,learn some good strats for the bullshit bosses (6, 8, 9), a+b when surrounded, watch the chinese.
In sum don't play it like say, Final Fight, you need to get used to the quirks of this game.
>>
Hyperstone Heist is a legit great game and better than Turtles in Time. Turtles in Time (SNES) is still really good though.
>>
>>4095394
>play defensively

Thx for the pointers. Playing with that mindset got me farther with one coin. It's definitely one of the hardest Capcom beat em ups.

On a side note, I thought Tower of Doom would be really tough, but I spent some time practicing the game, and its balance is really well-done and the game is quite fair and moderate (i.e. not cheap). It's certainly more challenging than it's super-easy sequel, but I think Tower of Doom's difficulty is a bit overstated by a lot of people. After about 7-8 practices on the Red Dragon, I was able to figure him out and now I can take him out without taking much damage. The last boss is pretty easy too with the blitz move. Granted, I haven't tried the Beholder yet, and I would probably have a lot more trouble using the Elf than the Fighter.
>>
>>4096479
Tower of Doom is tough at the beginning but gets pretty doable once you get used to its mechanics. It has to be played more conservatively than Mystara, blocking often to get i-frames, attack enemies from below their line to be safe etc
>>
>>4094798
I love this game, been playing it all my life, but I don't know any tech or moves with this game. All I know is the original Japanese version shows the lady tossing a baby down the well or some shit.
>>
Man, the USA versions of some of these games are just fucking bad. Metamorphic Force was changed to only give one life per credit, and your health constantly ticks down. I don't think a 1CC is realistic, even if it IS an easy game.
>>
>>4096491
What's your top 10 favorite beat em ups?
>>
>>4094798
>What's the key to being good at this game?
Get on a horse, keep the horse
>>
>>4096508
Capcom ones are my fav, particularly Final Fight, D&D1, WoF, Knights of the Round. AvP. Other games I enjoy are Denjin makai games, Knights of valour 2, Ninja warriors again, Battletoads arcade (not the most polished one but still fun)

>>4096506
>I don't think a 1CC is realistic
Some dude got a 2 loops clear in that version, I think that as long as you are fast it's not that bad.
>>
>>4096526
Is Denjin Makai 1 good? Seemed kinda clunky when I tried it. Part 2 is awesome though.
>>
>>4096567
More clunky than 2 but a lot more challenging too, I like it
>>
I'm the eatster! I'm gonna eats ya!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.