[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be possible to romhack games to use the Playstation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: SCPH1030back[1].jpg (26KB, 384x316px) Image search: [Google]
SCPH1030back[1].jpg
26KB, 384x316px
Would it be possible to romhack games to use the Playstation Mouse? It was only supported by a few games, and it would help a lot of FPS on the PS1 a lot to use it.
>>
>>4094602
some games support lightgun so you're better off using that.
>>
>>4094602
Pretty much anything is possible. Whether anyone would devote the time and effort is another story.
>>
<3 the mouse
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
>>4094608
>playing mouselook fps with a fucking lightgun
>>
>>4095884
its only the best way to play resident evil survivor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_o9vGHMOg
>>
>>4094602
In a world of sub-$5-easy-to-program mini computers (arduino & co) I find it hard to believe that no one got the idea to replace the ball mechanism of a mouse by an standard optical system from a regular mouse. It would be a benediction for the PSX/DC mice
>>
Try this, it's a Splifish controller. It's made for PS2 but it should work fine on PS1
>>
>>4097505
wtf is that
>>
>>4097542
It's a Splifish controller. It's made for PS2 but it should work fine on PS1
>>
File: 58153632.jpg (110KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
58153632.jpg
110KB, 400x400px
>>4097505
>>4097556
>Splifish

Keep your drugs to yourself, old man
>>
Anything is possible if enough people devote their technical skills to it. I mean, there's a reason the Dreamcast homebrew scene is lightyears ahead of the PS1 homebrew scene.
>>
If so, then one day I hope to romhack Aerobiz Supersonic and SimCity to use a mouse. And see if I can find someone to help me hack Super Castles into english.
>>
>>4097620
Lol I just copied and pasted the second time it's a spliTfish
>>
>>4094602
it would be easier to create a circuit that converts mouse input into standard controller input. that way it could apply to all games. you would need a microcontroller or FPGA. any mouse could work, meaning you could get one with more buttons.
>>
>>4096231
That actually looks fun
>>
>>4096231
HOLY fucking shit. I had no idea. AND I HAVE BOTH RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVOR AND THE LIGHT GUN!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>4094602
How many FPS were even in the PS1?
But yeah, emulators let you bind keys, so you can use something like antimicro or joy2key to map mouse movements.
>>
>>4097505
I have the ps3 version of this. I've yet to try it but the mouse is shoddily built.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>4098595
>>4098394
>yfw game was designed for the light gun and it was pulled from the western release because of the "murder simulators" controversy
>>
>>4098595
keep in mind only PAL and JAP copies of the game have the lightgun support. NTSC release is missing it.
>>
>>4094602
Dude i know exactly what you mean. The only two FPS games that support it are Alien Resurrection and Quake II, both of which I freaking love! I want more FPS mouse compatible games. Ever try playing the mouse compatible FPS games with the ASCII Grip in port one? It's the best way to FPS on PS.
>>
>>4098650
>>4098625
that sucks so badly dude. I literally got my ASCII Grip and Light gun and Resident Evil survivor game out just to find out that it didn't work. Kind of pissed off about this.
>>
>>4099491
It's been a long time age but iirc it does stil work in the pal version if your crt does pal and you need english.
>>
>>4099495
i have a PVM so do i need to order a PAL PS1?
>>
>>4099574
Nah, you should be able to play European games on your US Playstation using whatever method you use to play Jap games and backups.
>>
I'll hazard a guess that most PS1 first person engines could not handle turning any faster than they could with a controller.
>>
>>4099982
Sweet. Thanks for the tip
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.