[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your favorite retro game that you hate playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: maglord.jpg (250KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
maglord.jpg
250KB, 1200x900px
>looks amazing, especially for 1990
>hilarious engrish
>cool monsters and stuff
>samurai, dragons, ninjas, wizards in one place

But i suck too much to beat it or progress very far. I've only made it past level one.
>>
>>4094379
magician lord is unfairly hard and almost impossible to not quarter dive through
>>
One of the few Neo Geo titles that's not a subpar fighting game. That fucking time out snake monster keeps me from enjoying this.
>>
>>4094389
>One of the few Neo Geo titles that's not a subpar fighting game

that YOU know about.
>>
>>4094393
Yeah I have download the entire library, the neo geo was emporeverished third world beaner shit
>>
>>4094412
You haven't played Nam 1975, pulstar, blazing star, last resort, zed blade, prehistoric isle, shock troopers, ninja combat
>>
>>4094414
that isnt even a good list

more like windjammers, viewpoint, pulstar, magical drop, etc
>>
>>4094416
>viewpoint
>magical drop
Not exclusive
>>
>>4094417
>exclusives
>mattering

go ahead and try that non neo geo version of viewpoint and report back to me btw
>>
>>4094419
Neo Geo library is so pathetic their beaner fans have to resort to playing godawful games like Cyber Lip to make up for it
>>
>>4094379
Magician Lord is terrible.
>>
I like the idea of Golden Axe more than I like its execution, it could have been so much better
>>
>>4094412
>the neo geo was emporeverished third world beaner shit

Let's see, it was released in 1990, cost $650 USD for the console, and cost about $200 per game.

>impoverished third world beaner shit

It's one thing to not like SNK's library, but you are a fucking looney.
>>
File: cthd2003001.png (11KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
cthd2003001.png
11KB, 304x224px
>>4094630
Do you even play games? Neo Geo was the most pirated arcade board, ever. It got completely cracked and emulated in early 2000s.
>>
>>4094630
Nobody in Mexico bought official AES carts, kiddo.
>>
>>4094635
neo geo got emulated in the late 90s. there was nothing to crack.
>>
>>4094643
They had some trouble with compression for a while but yes you're correct, Neo Rage X came out in the late 90s.
>>
Neo Geo was a fucking shitty rip-off for retards with too much money and too little sense. It got the worst port of Strikers 1945 and Aerofighters 3.
>>
>>4094646
No, they didn't. I owned two neo geos and was there when emulation started
>>
>>4094416
>no mention of Top Hunter
Amateur hour
>>
>>4094635

Yeah, pirating arcade boards was big since the 80s, but that doesn't mean "impoverished third world beaners" were SNK's target market. In fact the opposite since they weren't paying for pirated games.

>>4094643
>>4094640

Yet the console was nearly 10 years old at the time. This is very silly. Neo-Geo's AES was a high-end console in the high price range, not "third world beaner shit."

>>4094649

This is more like it. It was a console for rich idiots, or rich folks who loved Metal Slug.
>>
>>4094656
>This is very silly. Neo-Geo's AES was a high-end console in the high price range, not "third world beaner shit."
Then how come only third worlders care about SNK or King of Fighters?
>>
>>4094652
I remember they could only "crack" the decompression because early versions of the roms were uncompressed or something like that. You can still find the uncompressed Garou roms listed on MAME.
>>
Well doesn't matter anyway the games have been bootlegged and pirated to hell back
>>
>>4094653
And also Blue's Journey, Crossed Swords, Super Spy, Riding Hero, Puzzle Bobble. What else?
>>
Neo Geo was fucking hipster trash for friendless retards who couldn't afford to get good at superior Capcom fighters.
>>
>>4094658

So, Japan, China, and Hong Kong's population are third worlders to you?
>>
>>4094676
>China, and Hong Kong's
Well, yeah.
>>
>>4094676
Forgot South Korea.
>>
>>4094379
And what super nintendo Games do you recommend?

I like soccer games (But only if they have Canada)

I hate RPG games

i like race games.

like Easy games

And games that are for all ages and all audiences (Rated K-A Kids to Adults in the ESRB)
>>
File: Hermes.jpg (43KB, 495x373px) Image search: [Google]
Hermes.jpg
43KB, 495x373px
>>4094678
>>4094680

So basically "impoverished" chinese and south korean "beaners" love SNK.

Fuck it, I've had enough of this retardation, I'm going to bed.
>>
>>4094687
China and Korea literally is third world, they haven't participated in any major world conflict.
>>
>>4094687
Sadly for SNK their Chinese and Koreans fans pirated just as much as Mexicans and South Americans. SNK had a difficult life.
>>
Neo Geo fans are disgusting, sad little men.
>>
>>4094671
SpinMaster
>>
Lol at all the retarded millenials in here, disgusting
>>
>>4094412
>emporeverished third world beaner shit
What do you mean by these buzzwords, and how fighting games relate to them?
>>
>>4094691
>implying China wasn't attacked by Japan in WWII
Back to /pol/, dipshit.
>>
>>4094738
The entire Neo Geo library is ALL fighting games.
>>
>>4094740
>China is first world
Said nobody ever.
>>
"The three worlds as they were separated during the Cold War era, each with its respective allies as of the period between 30 April 1975 (thefall of Saigon) and 23 August 1975 (the communist takeover in Laos).
First World: the United States and its allies.
Second World: the Soviet Union, China, and their allies.
>>
>>4094749
Third World: Everything else
>>
>>4094742
But that is not true, as has been proven constantly throughout the thread.
>>
>>4094751
It's all fighting games, plus Spinmaster. Spinmaster was awesome.
>>
>>4094649
Strikers 1945 plus isn't a port it's the arcade original. Ports for this game exist on your gaystation platforms, enjoy them shit stain.
>>
>>4094817
>Strikers 1945 plus isn't a port it's the arcade original
The original is tate orientated on the 1st generation Psykyo board.
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=810

It's totally a port riddled with slowdown and 4:3 orientation.
>>
>>4094817
You see, the original Strikers 1 came out in 1995, the Plus version was an inferior Neo Geo port made in 1999.
>>
>>4094742
No it fucking isn't you cunt.

>>4094818
>It's totally a port riddled with slowdown and 4:3 orientation.
Fuck me you are clueless as fuck strikers 45 plus is a complete remix with new planes, weapons and completely new bullet patterns.

>>4094820
You can't even get the fucking game it remixs right, it's a remix of 1945 2, just stop talking when you don't know what the cunt you are on about. You haven't played any strikers obviously, bet you're waste of oxygen cunt ass can't even 1cc a first loop ffs.
>>
>>4094865
>Fuck me you are clueless as fuck strikers 45 plus is a complete remix with new planes, weapons and completely new bullet patterns.
And 4:3 orientation with side bars and SLOWDOWN out the ass. Fuck you, kid.
>>
>>4094865
How am I supposed to know which game it's supposed to be remixing, all Psykyo games play the exact same.
>>
FUCK arcade games.
>>
didn't realize neo geo got people so heated. the idea that neo geo wasn't a premium product is absolutely ridiculous btw. shit cost more than $599 US DOLLARS back in 1990. That's like $1100 bucks today.
>>
>>4094379
Can't really think of something to contribute but I totally sympathize. That cloud level makes me want to pound my head against a brick wall
>>
Why do people have to get so angry about video games?
>>
File: aut aut.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
aut aut.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>4095980
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.