[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these games never talked about? They were good games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

Why are these games never talked about?
They were good games and revolutionary back then.
Every kids had NFL and Madden 95
>>
I never liked EA games.
Technos' Kunio sports series was my jam as a kid. And NES Tennis.
>>
>>4094035
Because mainly only black kids bought them.
>>
NHLPA '93 is the best fighting game for the SNES
>>
File: Not_sarcastiball.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sarcastiball.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>4094035
What do you mean? I talk about sports games all the time here on /vr/.

I will agree they are good games. However, don't go assuming because I never owned any Madden games, but I did have Tecmo Super Bowl which was NFL.
>>
NHL 94 was the pinnacle even though they removed fighting because 93 doesn't have one-timers. The redesign for 95 ruined everything.
>>
I still play 94 from time to time in online leagues
>>
File: 2364493-snes_nhlstanleycup_ca.jpg (4MB, 2100x1528px) Image search: [Google]
2364493-snes_nhlstanleycup_ca.jpg
4MB, 2100x1528px
>Dad gets this game when I'm a kid
>Play Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens every night
>One night I figure out that if you do a wrist shot over the net, the goalie will track the puck to the bottom of the net. But the puck will bounce out in front of the net, leaving you a clear shot every time
>Winning by a huge margin because he "refuses to cheat"
>Never play the game again
>>
>>4094035
Planning on playing this.

It's the sega cd the ultimate version?
>>
>>4094510
Play 94 on the Sega CD, or 95 on PC if you want the "best" version.

95 on PC is basically 94 on sega but with a season mode and some better 2d gfx
>>
>>4094035
They're fucking garbage.
Never liked EA's slop. The exception being Starflight on Gen/MD.
>>
>>4094035
Nintendo, Tecmo and Konami did sports games better. Aki also, if you consider WWF wrestling a sport.
>>
>>4097123
You obviously never played NHL 94 my man
>>
>>4094050
>mainly only black kids bought NHL 95
ok.
>>
Why no love for NHL 96?
>better framerate
>has GOAT menu music (Are You Ready For This by 2 Unlimited)
>historic year (last year for Nodiques, Whalers, and classic Jest)
>>
>>4097878
Nordiques moved in 95, Jets in 96 and Whalers in 97.

On the consoles 96 was an improvement over 95 but still not as tight as 94.
>>
>>4094125
this. Especially on SNES. At least on Sega 95 was still great.
>>4097878
Was not as good as 94. That gimmicky "Spin 0 Rama" BS was the shits. And if I remember the fonts were small as shit.
>>
>>4094050
>Hockey
>black kids

93 is goat

vr would be all over this shit if it were anime or some shit.
Amazing game design.
>>
>>4094503
All I remember about this game is the menu music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUGST4KSOU
>>
Because autists don't like sports and 4chan is for autists. Personally, I think sports games are one of the best genres of computer games.
>>
File: Need_more_Hori_Mega_Commanders.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Need_more_Hori_Mega_Commanders.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>4095191
I heard '94 on SegaCD was a good version. Since I am not a hockey fan, I am not sure this will be a good title to start on. I just got it because most of the SegaCD games I want are super expensive now, and NHL '94 was one that is under $10USD still, so I decided to take the plunge and maybe learn hockey. However, I am thinking I may want to start with Nintendo's NES Ice Hockey (loved it at the Toys 'R Us kiosk), or NES Blades of Steel, or N64 Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey (and I saw another thread here on /vr/ pointing out there was a SNES version too!).

However, I also have a 486DX4 DOS machine (actually Win98, but only for its DOS). Would that 95 on PC work in that environment?
>>
>>4094281
isn't there like a website and a ladder for 94?
>>
>>4097878
don't forget Steve Yzerman AND Scott Stevens on the cover
>>
>>4100664
Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel are fun games but they're quite far removed from the actual sport.

NHL 94 on the SNES has superior graphics and sound compared to MegaDrive (not sure about the CD version though) but it's a bit slower and the Sega version is preferred by people who play online leagues etc.

PC NHL 95 will work great on your 486. It's different from the console games though, has slower tempo. It does have season mode though.

>>4101958
http://www.nhl94.com
>>
>>4094035
NHL '94 is regarded the best sports game of all time. NHL '95 added more stuff but the new engine had bugs that didn't get fixed until '96.

>>4094050
Black kids couldn't afford games in the 90s.
>>
>>4102125
it brings joy to my heart to see people have so much love for chel
>>
>>4094035

NHL '94 is talked about far beyond it's quality.
NHLPA '93 OTOH is the most perfect hockey game in existence.
Honorable mention: Mutant League Hockey
>>
>>4097878
Does it have fighting?
If not, I'll stick to Wayne Gretzky (yes there's a SNES version)
>>
>>4102583
yeah 96 had fighting. Didn't 94 have blood and you could make guys leave on a stretcher?
>>
>>4102125
Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel are actually fun. If that means they're far removed from the sport (whatever that means) then so be it. The core gameplay is there and that's all that matters.
>>
>>4102153
NHL 94 is regarded the best sports game of all time
Source? Besides XXXnoscope_GretzkyXXX.com
>>
>>4102772
EA chel games are actually fun too the old ones are still very arcadey they just have more features/moves and better AI. I love blades of steel but really there isn't anything for skilled offensive plays in there. NHL 94 plays nothing like the modern games with the twin stick controls. The new chel games are way more simulation like because the technology is there enough to get the realism down so theres like full rules. NHL 2002 on PC was amazing too I know its not retro but it had cards to collect you could power up your players like make their checks hit harder or faster slapshots or ability to make clutch plays. Had a sick soundtrack too. 94 and 96 are probably my favorite retro ones but 02 is my favorite of all chel games.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.