[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a /vr/ game that is much more popular in your country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Top_Gear_Coverart.png (292KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
Top_Gear_Coverart.png
292KB, 475x347px
Is there a /vr/ game that is much more popular in your country than anywhere else (discarding games made by your countrymen)?

In Brazil it is definitely Top Gear games. I believe that almost every SNES / Mega Driver owner here had a copy (pirate or not).

Tommy Tallarico said that Brazil is the only country where people ask him to play Top Gear tracks. Almost every Top Gear video in YouTube is full of comments in Portuguese.

Couldn't believe when I saw the list of most sold games in SNES, and Top Gear was not even top 50. I'm sure that here it would be top 10. Unfortunately we have no official stats because, you know, most people just bought pirate copies.
>>
File: pipo.jpg (11KB, 300x329px) Image search: [Google]
pipo.jpg
11KB, 300x329px
>mega driver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeQ9F3cpj0
>>
Alex Kidd was kinda big in my country, but that probably applies to most places where the MS was a thing. Then going into nonretro territory, the ngage was also a relatively great success for some bizarre reason.
>>
I always preferred F1 Roc.
>>
>mega driver
Filho de mil meretrizes. Anyway you're right, I really can see why ISSS games are popular here but not TG, which are solid but by no means outstanding among 2D racers
>>
I played Top Gear quite a bit and I'm from the US. 2p was nice. Music tracks were awesome
>>
>>4094046

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45xpqOPbFdQ
>>
>>4093247
Used to play that all the time with my brothers here in the US. The music was great.
>>
>>4093247
Battle City in Russia. It was present on every pirate (we only had these) multicart and the theme resonates with soviet culture very much (ever heard of World of Tanks?). Heck, even I loved the game.
I'm sure there are other examples but sadly I couldn't recall any.
>>
>>4093247
I had Top Gear 3000. It isn't particularly hard, but you had to learn to manage your fuel well.
>>
>>4093483
Maybe this has something to do with the fact Top Gear 2 had sort of Formula 1 theme, with countries order replicating real life world championship.
Loved it on my Russian Mega Drive too.
>>
>>4093247
NHL '93
NHL '94
NHL '95
NHL '96
NHL '97
NHL '98
NHL '99
and to this day the yearly NHL game is one of the best selling games in my country.

Can /vr/ guess where I live?
>>
>>4094064
My favorite was track 3 (NY). One of the greatest tunes in gaming
>>
>>4094578
Oregon?
>>
>>4093247
There was a baseball game that I think only my friends and I played, Baseball Simulator 1.000. We had a bunch of friends over and played tournaments. I don't think many people played it besides us, as I picked it up for $10 during its prime (all the other titles were $47-65).
>>
>>4093247
Barry Leitch, the composer, was asked to work on a mobile game inspired by Top Gear and similar games (Horizon Chase). It's from a Brazilian studio and when he came there, people where holding his hands like he was Jesus, telling him how amazing his work is and that they love him. Pretty popular.

>>4094064
Bliss was totally inspired by that intro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqsWc8muj8
>>
>>4094786
Nope, not even on right continent.
>>
>>4093247
Not really. But I can tell you that nobody in my country played sonic games which is probably why I dislike all of it's games except the battle one. Gaming only got more popular here when PlayStation was released and everyone only knows about Mario from the internet memes and shills and people only played pokemon (on emulators, back in the days of dumbphones) because of the cartoon series. Other /vr/ games here are pretty much forgotten except by the very very few people who had NES/SNES.
I was under 5 years old when I last played NES and can't even remember it's games.
If I didn't have the NES emulation disc on my PS1 (basically a disc filled with hundreds of NES games) I wouldn't even remember experiencing retro games.
>>
>>4093247
>>4094091
Agreed, music was god tier
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.