[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Williams.jpg (291KB, 2560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Williams.jpg
291KB, 2560x720px
Let's settle this once and for all.
>>
I take the one that doesn't constrain you to a single screen, please.
>>
>>4092889
That's both of them, really.
>>
I have yet to see a more AMERICAN game series.
>>
>>4092889
I take the one that does
>>
total carnage is rad, but it's not always obvious what you are and are not allowed to touch. smash tv is better designed, visually at least.
>>
How far can you get on a single coin?
>>
Wasn't SmashTV designed to basically steal your money?
>>
>>4093126
Absolutely. One of the first non-beat 'em up quarter munchers.
I remember playing this with a buddy at a mall arcade as a kid. I got back and some other kid was playing with my friend- before I could get mad about it, the kid was done- my friend said he blew a dollar on the game in the time it took me to go piss.
>>
>>4093165
Reminds me of playing MK2 at the arcade. Shit was so rigged.
>>
>>4092887
I like the setting and presentation of Smash a lot more than Total Carnage.
>>
>>4093165

Fuck off, arcade games are tests of skill. Stop blaming the game for your friend's own incompetence.
>>
>>4095587
No they're entertainment products designed to make money for their customers.
>>
>>4095593
For their operators, you mean
>>
>>4093165
>>4093171
>gets punished for playing poorly
>WAAAH IT'S NOT FAIR THIS IS BAD GAME DESIGN!!!!1one
>>
>>4095596
Yes, customers being who ever buys the machine
>>
>>4095593
>>4095598
You're trying too hard to fit in.
>>
>>4095635
Damn :/
>>
>>4095598
MK2 is broken as fuck, mate. The AI reads inputs to cheating point, breaks established rules constantly, and generally stacks the odds against the player for an advantage. Trying to throw an opponent that isn't stunned is impossible, and early versions had them counter-throw even during FINISH HIM. This isn't even getting into the AI countering Scorpion's teleport in a manner literally impossible for even TAS. The game outright and openly overrides the rules of the game.

It's not a case of good AI, it's a case of bare-faced cheating AI.
>>
>>4095704
If you were skilled enough you could beat the AI no matter how much it "cheats". Difficult AI is a challenge like any other, as a gamer you should be able to take the AI's advantage into account and adjust your strategies accordingly. Video games, much like life, are not always fair.
>>
Midway games were always developed to fuck up with the player, japanese arcades are more fun and better designed to git gut at
>>
>>4095751
Oh and that's why I recommend you to play Nitro ball instead
>>
>>4095753

Came into this thread to post Nitro Ball. Everybody posting in here should play it and it belongs in the running.
>>
File: 1313442452615[1].png (40KB, 509x572px) Image search: [Google]
1313442452615[1].png
40KB, 509x572px
>>4095587
>>4095598
Sorry, Would love to see have seen how well you pros did the first time you made it to level 3 in Smash- especially if you were eight years old at the time.
>>
>>4095751
Golden age Midway was good stuff
>>
Total Carnage is stupidly too hard.

Smash TV, arcade and console, are balanced for at least the serious gamer.

Me and my best gaming bro (rip) beat snes smash TV on hard--both loops with pleasure dome both times.

Total carnage isn't even remotely fair.
>>
>>4092887
both are shit
>>
Smash TV is best. Iconic look and bosses. Never dull. Plus you can actually beat it and go to the "Pleasure Dome."

Total Carnage is fun too, and the screen scrolls, but the game isn't as memorable and you can't actually beat the last boss. He runs away and you can't kill him. Either as a setup for a sequel or to get you to play again it's a bad game choice.
>>
>>4098536
You actually can kill the last boss, but it's an absolute bitch to pull off. The scam of Total Carnage is that there's no true ending for collecting every item in the Pleasure Dome. It's been proven that even if you pick up every single item, you'll still be told you missed some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CgGH5LO1bY
>>
>>4098543
That's actually a result of a programming bug. Mark Turmell wrote code for both endings but it was changed for some unknown reason.
>>
Why do all the new twin stick shooters they're making now suck?
>>
>>4098586
Geometry Wars is great. Everything else is just mediocre.
>>
>>4098586
Nex Machina just came out, Eugene Jarvis helped make it.
>>
I prefer Smash TV since I played it the most so I got muh nostalgia but they're both good.
>>
File: 1486497989659.webm (3MB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486497989659.webm
3MB, 848x480px
>>4092887
Cannon Spike
>>
>>4095587
For the most part, yes.
Bally/Williams/Midway/Atari Games post-'80s, however, all hate you and want to steal as much of your money as quickly as possible.
>>
>>4098717
I think Robotron 2084's play time for the players first time clocks in around 30~60 seconds on average before they run out of lives.
>>
Do you guys still play smash tv? I can't do it anymore.
>friend and I played it a lot as kids
>year or two back we'relooking for shit to do and find a arcade classics disk for ps2
>we see it has smash tv and pop that shit in
>after 10 minutes we just find it monotnous and do something
Really bummed me out, I had such great memories of it and it just didn't hold up.
>>
>>4098752
That's normal with games you play a lot, not inherent to this game in particular.
>>
>>4098717
Sound like weeabos can't git gud at American games.
>>
>>4098779
Don't get me wrong, I love games like Smash TV, Terminator 2, NBA Jam and the Mortal Kombats, but they all hate the player and want you to lose as quickly as possible, skill be damned.

For example, try and find a 1cc video for Terminator 2.
>>
>>4098779
Why get good at shit games when you can at good games
>>
>>4098805
Smash TV still looks like an ok game to get good at (although way too fucking long), the others are garbage, MK games can be 1cc'd without much problems but it's the must unfun thing to do
>>
>>4098736
It's a brief but educational experience for them
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.