[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: crossovers you would have loved back in the day.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Castles 'n Goblins.png (330KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Castles 'n Goblins.png
330KB, 900x600px
ITT: crossovers you would have loved back in the day.
>>
Metroid and Castlevania.
(And no, I don't meant SOTN).
Make Samus ally with the Belmonts while trying to take over vampirized Metroids controlled by Drac.
They could go nuts mixing the space horror elements from Metroid and the supernatural/mythological Castlevania lore.
>>
Unrelated, but in Project X Zone (3DS game), when talking about Arthur, some characters show a lot of respect for him:
- Dante (DMC) says Arthur is his precursor in Demon Hunting, and he could learn a lot from Arthur
- Demitri and Morrigan say that while Arthur looks like a dumb old man, his power is genuine (Astaroth/Nebiroth were a big deal in Makai)
- Even the lowest of the demons in Makai know who Arthur is
>>
>>4091852
That's pretty cool, I need to play the PXZ games, I played the demo of the first one and I liked it.
>>
i would love if theyd put tekken and pokemon together i always wanted to fight with my pokemons
>>
File: tumblr_nwg5hh35k51un9v43o1_1280.png (786KB, 1280x1477px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwg5hh35k51un9v43o1_1280.png
786KB, 1280x1477px
>>4091856

I would honestly recommend skipping the first one, as somebody that played the whole thing. The story doesn't really go anywhere, the interactions are pretty much nonexistent (why make a crossover game if there's hardly any actual crossing over????), and the gameplay is repetitive. It's supposed to be a strategy game, but the mission is exactly the same on 99% of levels and you get so many items and skills that if you get a game over, you did it on purpose.

I hear the 2nd one is good, but I was pretty damn betrayed by the first. Only bought it because my husbando is in it and you have to take what you can get when you like a mostly forgotten character.
>>
>>4091813
Street Figther/ Darkstalkers.

If only to keep tabs on that running gag about Felicia resenting Ken for making her the star of a martial arts movie instead of a romantic one as she wanted to.
>>
Would have shit myself over Battle Toads and TMNT. I never cared about Double Dragon as a kid, even though it's probably the better series than Battle Toads.
>>
File: PocketFighter.jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PocketFighter.jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>>4092320
Technically that crossover exists
>>
Not retro, but Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is objectively the best, most fluent video game crossover.
>>
Contra and metal gear
>>
Phantasy Star and Shining Force, or just SRPG Phantasy Star
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.