[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Second hand nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: 486.jpg (193KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
486.jpg
193KB, 563x750px
Does it ever happen to you dear anon that you get nostalgic for a game you didn't actually grow up playing, BUT it does remind you of that time/era? I get this for Monkey Island 2
>>
File: 010.jpg (37KB, 488x620px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
37KB, 488x620px
I'm chasing a Japanese childhood I never had
>>
File: amiga set.jpg (3MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
amiga set.jpg
3MB, 4288x2848px
I'm kinda jealous to my older brothers (who are 10-15 years older than me) who go to experience all the cool nerd shit before it was considered retro. My oldest brother was coding his own games before I was even born, traded pirated games with his school buddies, and had DOOM lan parties before I could even talk.

I still have all of my brothers old floppy disks, computer magazines, and even some of their old hardware laying around. My oldest brother is turning 40 soon and he's still gaming. He's a complete normie now and refuses to check out games like Space Station 13 because "the graphics suck". What a guy.
>>
>>4091465
You do know Lode Runner exists on pretty much every platform ever right?
>>
File: children playing famicom.jpg (890KB, 2142x2894px) Image search: [Google]
children playing famicom.jpg
890KB, 2142x2894px
>>4091465
I think this is also the feel I want to emulate.

Don't sit so close to the screen though, it's bad for your eyes.
>>
>>4091448
You can't have nostalgia for something that happened before you were born.
>>
>>4091654
>before you were born
????

I was born in 1988 and I used to play the first one for hours on end
>>
I never played Super Mario Land 2, but just listening to the music gets me super nostalgic.
>>
>>4091654
Nostalgia "a sentimental longing or wistful affection for a period in the past."
>>
File: red-boba-fett.jpg (24KB, 231x326px) Image search: [Google]
red-boba-fett.jpg
24KB, 231x326px
Holy piss, this game. I used to see it all the time for sale at Hastings, never got around to playing it though. Then recently I heard the OST featuring Andrew Sega (made some UT tracks). Totally puts me there man.
>>
>>4091448
pretty much every 90s fighting game (although I did play most of them back in the day, but even the ones I didn't play remind me of that era and being a fighting game nut as a kid)
>>
>>4091448
EVERY. FUCKING. ATARI 2600 GAME REMINDS ME OF THAT ERA

THE BEST ERA EVER
>>
>>4091448
Arcade games in general make me nostalgic for arcades. I'm including pinball in this.
>>
>>4092494
One of my favourite games of all time. My cousins had No Remorse and I had No Regret. Wish someone would do something with this series. Rerelease it or make a 3rd.
>>
>>4091465
Same, growing up in Argentina with a shitty famiclone was kind of a pain.

>>4092494
One of the best soundtracks ever.
>>
>>4091465
That's what weebs do
>>
>>4092850
just how shitty was your famiclone? there were a lot of good quality ones. dendy is a great example.
>>
File: 1484795314798.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484795314798.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
I'm probably most nostalgic for the late 80s and early 90s even though I was born in 87 and didn't really start playing games until like 94. There's nothing really nostalgic about playing Syphon Filter while listening to KoRn.
I'm pretty nostalgic for sega stuff despite never owning a sega console, although friend's did. That early 3d sega arcade aesthetic is just rad as hell too.
>>
File: DSC_0574_stitch-r47.jpg (1MB, 3732x1461px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0574_stitch-r47.jpg
1MB, 3732x1461px
>>4091508

I'm 37 and I'm living in the past.

Oh...nice choice of machine....I need it for my collection...
>>
>>4093763
nice set up, but the pixel art makes an otherwise lovely room look like a pathetic manchild's den. remove them at once
>>
File: aabait2.png (60KB, 744x1044px) Image search: [Google]
aabait2.png
60KB, 744x1044px
>>4093775
Fuck off.
>>
>>4093775
>manchild's den
you DO realize where you are?
>>
>>4093775

Yeah I have a room in my house that allows me to live in the early 90s. I work hard. I fucking deserve it. Why would I remove it? Can I not decorate my retro games room with 16 bit sprites?
>>
>>4093802
Did you make them yourself?
>>
File: wall.jpg (78KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
78KB, 960x635px
>>4093803

all of it...I sell some too.
>>
>>4093813
Amazing!

Any info on where to buy your works?
>>
>>4093816

No shop or anything but if you want to look about my IG is coope1999 You'll have to sift through my other shit posts though.
>>
>>4093834
Thanks! I might order something from you in the future.
>>
>>4093834
Could you also tell me around what price would something like the Walker one go?
>>
>>4093890
>'-_-
your kind isn't allowed here
>>
>>4094258

I'm not posting emoji's just to appease your post-millennial entitlement, faggot. It's called an emoticon, deal with it.
>>
>>4091448
might and magic vi. the game i most wish i had played of all time. can't get into it now.

old ultima games, like pre-5. I was learning to compute on Apple IIs at the time and didnt know such games existed until later
>>
>>4094264
not him but holy shit return to reddit
>>
>>4094312
>emoticons are reddit

i think you missed the point entirely young little kid.
>>
>>4094320
get out. stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>4093763
Did you paint a cd32 white? Why would you do that?
>>
>>4094258
>>4094312
the projection hurts
>>
>>4091448
Happens every time I add a new Japan only game to my ps1 collection. Although I did grow up playing a few Japan only titles as a kid. This Asian couple owned an Asian import goods shop down the street from my house. Sold stuff from China, Korea, and Japan. They sold a few Japanese ps1 and SEGA Saturn games. As well as those action replay things you plug into the parallel port so you can play the games.

The only import games I grew up playing were: Dragon Ball Z Legends, Dragon Ball GT final bout, Puzzle Bobble 4 (I know Puzzle Bobble 4 was sold in America as Bust a Move 4, but my local funcoland didn't have it, and I really wanted it because the Pizza Hut by my house had a PB4 cabinet, and I really loved that game).

There's so many weird unique very Japanese games on ps1 that obviously never made their way here. Because the marketing for ps1 here was it was the cool edgy teenager console for the grunge kids. So the focus was more towards games like Twisted Metal or Tomb Raider.

But there where a lot of charming 2D atmospheric distinctly Japanese titles on that thing (granted a lot of them are ports of Saturn games).
>>
>>4094258
He did it unironically, what the fuck is wrong with you, new to 4chan?
>>
>>4094462

I bought it like that.
>>
>>4093813
>framed Flashback and Zool
you're alright, fella
>>
>>4093786
He's absolutely right
>>
Mid 90s PC Gaming makes me nostalgic. I didn't get into it until after 3dfx went kaput
>>
>>4095742
>/vr/
>tries to make fun of a room looking like a manchild cave
k
>>
lots of butthurt about perler beads in this thread

I'll tell you what...If you don'tlike perler beads then don't put them in your retro games room.

It's that easy.
>>
>>4093813
>garish colors
>everything "zoomed in"
>not even spaced properly
>transformers
I have to die now
>>
My brother had Dragon Warrior Monsters and although I never really played it myself, I get massive nostalgia from hearing the music.

It's got some pretty baller music, even outside of nostalgia.
>>
>>4092946
Not him, but I grew up with my uncle's "Aaronix" famiclone, which had very good build quality
>>
>>4091973
Did you play Pokemon a lot anon? Game Boy music usually triggers that response from me and all I can think of is that it's like that
>>
I get like this for old freeware games. I used to play nothing but ROMs and share/freeware in the late 90s because of being poor. Even if I'd never played the game, something from that time puts me back.
>>
>>4091448
I had this weird early step into 'retro' back in late 90s to early 00s. As we started to learn english in school we started getting into more complex games and my friend's big brother and his friends kind of fed us all kinds of slightly older good games like Monkey Island 1 and 2 that we hadn't had a chance to play yet. On top of that emulators became hugely popular within our group of friends and we played a lot of older games that way.

So I get nostalgic of the late 90s even if it's often games that might've come out in the early 90s.

>>4091508
I have a half brother who's way older than me but he got me started on PC gaming when I was a couple years old. He taught me some DOS commands and wrote a bunch of them down for me so that I could start the games myself. He had a huge pile of disks that I still don't really know what were in there but I did play a bunch of Commander Keen and even Warlords 2 when I hadn't really learned to write or read.

He never really got into it after that and it didn't take more than a few years for me to become the PC expert of our family.
>>
File: mother-fc1.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
mother-fc1.png
4KB, 256x224px
Mother 1 did that for me, felt like a game I remember from an alternate universe childhood.
The music was also part of it.
Didn't happen with Earthbound and Mother 3.
>>
>>4094334
>why are weebs on a weeb website using emojis?
It's a mystery to everyone.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.