[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy Rpgs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23KB, 320x240px
Are there any old Rpgs that are easy? Or not much grinding or even fast?
>>
Didn't we just have this exact topic?
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg (47KB, 495x343px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg
47KB, 495x343px
>>4089625
>>
>>4089625
chrono trigger
>>
File: image.png (119KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119KB, 330x248px
>>4089625
>>
>>4089694
That's literally "Grind: The Game".
>>
>>4089713
Still baby easy, its why casuals love the game.
>>
>>4089634
THIS
>>
>>4089694
I never really minded it too much since you could just blow through it and enjoy the environments and (schlocky) stories. Tried New Threat recently and it's been fun to actually need to make character builds and stuff.
>>
>>4089625
Super Mario RPG
Earthbound
Breath of Fire III and IV
>>
Final Fantasy 6
>>
Lufia 2 is very easy
>>
>>4089694
>>4089713
>>4089717
>>4090254
FF games of the old era usually have a fluid difficulty determined by level. So its "easy" so long as you grind like a good boy, and are challenging so long as you are too impatient to give a shit.
>>
>>4090268
>Final Fantasy 6
>challenging
you must have played a different one.
>>
>>4089631
nah that was for short ones

>>4089625
Chrono Trigger for sure
Super Mario RPG
Pokemon
>>
>>4090302
Pokémon is definitely easy, yeah. You can beat it with literally any team. The only 'hard' battle in any of the retro Pokémon games was Whitney in GSC, because that Miltank is fast, bulky and can easily take out your wimpy Machop before getting KO'ed if it doesn't score a crit.

For Chrono Trigger it depends on how you play the game, but it's easy if you take the 'canon' route.

>>4090268
FF6 is really easy though. 7 felt more grindy. Neither are hard though.
>>
>>4089713
Is this some spin on the 'SMB is hard' meme?
>>
>>4090298
>being able to use any Sabin move for free
The absolute madmen.
>>
>>4089625
FFVII is a good choice for short and easy. My first playthrough, where I didn't do much of the optional content, topped at 25h.

Quite a few agree on Chrono Trigger and FFMQ, so do I.

>>4090258
Lufia 2 is fun and streamlined. Great pick.

Now, if you want super short and easy, but not very good, try Monstania.
>>
>>4090298
>HURR DURR I CUN'T FUKING REED THYME FUR MI NYTE NYTE MEDISON. HOLEE FUKING CHREYEST PLEEZ KIL ME LOL :)
>>
Magic Knight Rayearth. I think it's literally impossible to lose if you have an IQ above 1.
>>
>>4089625
Easy: literally all the final fantasy games

Not grindy: it's an jrpg waddya expect?
>>
>>4089634
/thread
>>
>>4089625
Rudra no Hihou, the spell system allows you to create any spell you want from the beginning, so look up the best spells on the Internets (lulz) if you want to get through the game without effort.
>>
>>4089625
Any jrpg will be easy. Now, crpg, that's a different subject ... Ultima 7?
>>
>>4090904
Ultima 7's plot is too complicated to be considered easy. Some puzzles are obtuse and combat can be frustrating.

M&M 3-5 would be a better choice.
>>
>>4090315
>not using Edgar's chainsaw to damage all enemies on screen
>>
>>4090306
As a kid I would grow attached to my pokemon team so I would only catch like 10-15 monsters per game and run through with very early ones like pidgey and granbull

CT was super easy for me. I got lost several times (which should happen if you're not using a guide) which prevented me from needing to grind at all.
>>
>>4090306
whitney is piss easy, the only "hard" battles in pokemon are May2 in RSE and Cynthia's garchomp (not retro though)
>>
>>4090904
Ultima 7 has the worst combat I've ever experienced in a CRPG.

>>4090909
>M&M 3-5 would be a better choice.

This.
>>
>>4091108
>>4090909

No CRPG was easy back in the day. Ultima Underworld 1 can be beaten with minimum fighting since you get most of your XP from exploring and completing subquests. The 2nd last boss can be beaten after you break that orb thingy that drains your mana, then cast the Smite/Kill spell on him. The final boss doesn't even require fighting, you just run away from him/it.

UW2 has a rather tough final boss fight(the kill spell should still work but you need to "pre-cast" it in another world before running back to the castle) and a few mini-bosses of sorts.

>>4089625
SaGa 1 and 2 (GB) can be fast if you exploit Monster transformations. Saga 2 is a much longer game with 1 though.

Any one of the scenarios in Saga Frontier can be beaten in a few hours if you know what you're doing but I won't call it easy.
>>
>>4090306
>You can beat it with literally any team.

It's doable even with something like 6 water-types but it would require more grinding.
>>
>>4090928
Not retro though. Try Chocobo Dungeon.
>>
>>4091181
When I was a little kid playing pokemon blue I never wanted to catch wild pokemon because I thought they were all "weak" and that it was a waste of money to buy pokeballs. When I fought the elite four, I had the bulbasaur starter, the magicarp that guy in a pokemon center sells you, a pidgey I had to catch so I could use fly, and one of the fossil pokemon you get for free (Omastar I think).
My venusaur was like level 80 and everything else was more or less untrained. I was fine beating the elite four just by using the same couple of moves over and over again.

I didn't have to do any "grinding" (I wasn't even aware of what that was) because I only ever used my starter, so it got all the experience and had more then enough levels to beat anything. There's enough gameplay depth in early pokemon that I still play it every year, but if you ignore all of it and just blindly press the A button over and over again without knowing what you're doing, you can still progress through the game easily.
>>
>>4091224
On my childhood copy of Yellow, I could beat the entire elite 4 with just Pikachu (and a lot of items of course).
>>
>>4091237
Yeah, I just carried the other pokemon to use as switch-ins so I could revive my starter whenever it died.
>>
>>4089625
pokemon I guess, the first ones were always easy for me to finish anyway, did like a dozen retries, wasn't that hard,100% completion however was another thing
>>
File: BOF1boxartt.jpg (90KB, 256x167px) Image search: [Google]
BOF1boxartt.jpg
90KB, 256x167px
>>4089625
>>
slightly releated, but I want to play through an NES era RPG in japanese, to practice my language skills a bit. I've been thinking of doing Mother 1, Final Fantasy 1, or one of the NES Dragon Quest games I've only really played 8 on the DS, so I don't know much about the series, but from what I could gather, I sohuld play either 1 or 3. Basically, I'm looking for an NES RPG that has actually useful NPC dialogues and fun gameplay. I'm ok with grinding, I already played through Mother 1 once with the GBA english remake.
>>
File: 1496528071228.png (86KB, 291x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496528071228.png
86KB, 291x378px
>>4089625

You want an easy RPG without grinding while being able to grind is what usually makes RPGs easy.

Play pokemon or smth I guess.
>>
>>4089625
Try Dark Sun, Shattered Lands. Outside of the end fight, pretty much everything falls to you just casting haste and killing things in melee.
>>
>>4090926
Chansaw targets one enemy, are you thinking of the auto crossbow maybe?
>>
>>4089634
Most comfy FF out there.
>>
>>4093018
>I'm ok with grinding
ok then, play Double Moon Densetsu
>>
>>4089625
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Super Mario RPG
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

The good Mario RPGs are the best jRPGs ever because they avoid all the bullshit that makes most RPGs suck ass and the light amount of combat you actually do is really fun and interactive, unlike most jRPGs.
>>
>>4093018
>ok with grinding
Oh, good. Play Mother 1. Make sure to call the National Suicide Hotline if you get dark thoughts.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.