[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest 64

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 40139-Quest_64_(USA)-2.png (243KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
40139-Quest_64_(USA)-2.png
243KB, 640x480px
This is honestly one of the most immersive games I've ever played. Just something about the low-poly graphics and the big areas, the pleasant medieval setting is just profoundly atmospheric and absorbing. This game gets shit on, but honestly when I play it I feel like I am playing one of the few games that really nails the feeling of being on an adventure. I love going into the towns and all the buildings, there's a surprising amount of interesting dialogue.

Anyone else know what I mean? Something about the graphics and the environments just totally draw me in.
>>
>>4089590

You must of played this at a good time in your life because not many think of Quest as a good game.
>>
Why are you making Quest threads all day?
>>
>>4089590

I feel the same playing this game. I know about the flaws, I know it is unfinished, I know it could be much better... but I actually enjoy every second playing it. It's really sad the sequel got cancelled.
>>
>>4089590
Its good but lack loading times, easy gameplay, anime twinks with big swords, and a nigger with guns arms.
>>
>>4089590
I thought that this was one of the worst games that was created for the Nintendo 64. It was extremely simplistic and it was so linear that it was painful. If I had never played an RPG before, I'd have probably liked it. However, I played and beat most of the popular RPGs created for the NES and SNES before trying this game (as well as beaten PC games such as Ultima 4 - 6, Might and Magic 3 - 5, Wizardry 7, and Eye of the Beholder). It seemed more like a really shitty adventure game that was easy enough for 7 year old kids to beat.
>>
It's not a great game but it does have big (but not endless) empty colorful low-poly environments which some people have a particular fondness for.
>>
The graphics and artstyle, especially the character design are pretty good

Story sucks

The music is good but there's not enough of it, so its really repetitive. Especially the fucking battle music.

The battle system with the movement radius and real time dodging is pretty neat.

But it's a single character RPG and its clearly rushed to completion. Some of the characters in the game look designed enough to be party members.

I actually won't fault the simple battle system. It's far more complicated than pokemon on the surface. The only major fault is the best strategy in the game is the same two overpowered spells for every fight, but only those who google know.

Not a bad rental honestly. Also that honey bread looked fucking tasty my god
>>
>>4089698

>Some of the characters in the game look designed enough to be party members.

The princess you meet at dondoran was supposed to be a party member but she got cut at the end. The sequel would have her and a pirate friend added though.

>The only major fault is the best strategy in the game is the same two overpowered spells for every fight, but only those who google know.

exactly. There's no way of having knowledge about this exploit while playing the game. It was really fun experimenting with the elements while playing for the first time.
>>
>>4089590
the gameplay is what I like
I can't think of other games where your phys attack stats go up with your magic. i just wish that your speed
>>
>>4089614
anon behind the other one. this guy is different and i haven't even started my game yet..
maybe i ought to after reading op's thread though lol
>>
I remember every other kid i knew with a n64 having this game, was it just my area or was it pretty popular?

I loved it but I also loved Bubsy 2 so that doesn't say much.
>>
>>4089876
I remember Quest 64 being really hyped before launch as it was the N64's first RPG. My local blockbuster brought in a ton of copies, I eventually bought one of their copies for like $10 maybe a year later.

I feel like a lot of the negativity about the game was because of how it was hyped and it just never shook that reputation of being a let-down. It didn't help that the N64 didn't get a decent RPG until Ogre Battle came out years later.

Still, I like Quest 64 for what it is and I had fun with it back in the day. It's a shame we didn't get more RPGs with its hybrid action/turn based system.
>>
>>4089590
play the japanese version. it has an ending
>>
>>4092589
I always found it really strange that the Japanese version came out later than the US and EU releases, despite the game being made by a Japanese developer.

Aside from having an actual ending, they also added a critical hit system, tweaked some bosses, turned the movement polygon into a circle, made it easier to level up stats, and allowed you to get item drops from enemies if you already had their item (up to 2 or 3, I think).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.