[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NiGHTs vs Jet Set Radio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-NightsIntoDreamsBox.jpg (28KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
250px-NightsIntoDreamsBox.jpg
28KB, 250x357px
I have a tiny bit left over on my Steam account from the summer sale and I have just enough for either one of those, which both have the same price (NiGHTs is also on the same 'Dreamcast' collection for some reason). Which one's a better buy?
>>
Nights if you want comfy flying through rings and collecting balls, a dreamlike experience with soothing music.

Jet Set if you want a game with controls that have not aged well but a groovy soundtrack and clean art style that may help you overlook it.
>>
Is the Saturn version of nights still the Brest one?I'm also thinking of giving the game a try
>>
>>4089452
This.
>>
>>4089452
>>4089480

But everything he said is wrong though.

Nights is a hardcore arcade score attack game
and JSR is an exploration action game where you use skate tricks to navigate the level.
>>
Nights is best played on a Saturn. Emulate it if you want. The steam version is solid but still inferior
>>
Jet Set is niggershit, NiGHTS is wonderful.
>>
>>4089562
>Jet Set is niggershit
what
>>
>>4089583
>nigger DJ
>nigger soundtrack
>nigger playable characters
>nigger gameplay (breaking the law)
>>
Unfortunately no later NiGHTS version controls as well as it did on the Saturn with the 3D pad. The Steam release is just a slightly improved version of the PS2 port, which was a budget title. If you just want to play the game once through it's fine but don't expect to git gud.

Jet Set Radio is a fantastic port, certain controllers really don't gel with the controls (PS3/PS4/Keyboard) but it's generally considered superior or at least on equal standing to the DC version. That's my vote.
>>
>>4089602

You must be 18 to post on this board, anon.
>>
>>4089602
This is not /pol/ retro.
>>
>>4089447

Nights is hardly a true game. Jet Grind Radio is the better buy and will last you longer. You will play nights once and most likely never again.
>>
>>4089630

>not a true game

What does that even mean?
>>
>>4089630
>I'm a faggot who can't get good at arcade games

Hi fag. Come back when you can play at 10% of this guy's level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPCnqlqUA8
>>
>>4089639
It means he's a nu-gamer and doesn't understand games that focus on score.
>>
>>4089447
If they're the same price neither is a better buy. derp. Which one would you like better. Just a second while I read your mind. derp. Why don't you watch LPs and make up your own mind like a normal kid?
>>
>>4089602
So.... this is the power of shitposting... Not bad
>>
>>4089679
This confuses me because while I haven't played NiGHTS, I do know Jet Set Radio is all about playing for score and ranks.
>>
>>4092314
eh... they are both evolved arcade games. they both deliver rewards based on how well you rate on the levels, how many collectibles you find, etc... Sega tends to do that with its game. if there is one feature that defines Sega, as an entire brand, it's arcade-style gaming. Ranks, points, gameplay based on a single gimmick, easy to get, hard to master, rewarding multiple replays... that sort of thing
>>
>>4089695
don't be so condescending. if one game has a few dozen hours of play, while another offers a few hundred, one is a "better buy".

if an Extra Large pizza is the same price as the medium, wouldn't that make the EX a better buy?
>>
>>4089695
Le epic derp xP o.O Derp! :0
>>
>>4092332
Yes. Clearly the game that can be enjoyed in a few dozen hours and doesn't require months of grinding and boredom is the better buy.
A large kale and tofu extra large pizza isn't worth a pitcher of warm spit where as I'd be happy with a medium pepperoni.
You kind of just proved yourself an idiot on all counts champ.
>>
>>4092332

No, because some people actually want quality over quantity and not the other way around.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.