[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you bought Chrono Trigger yet /vr/? Once this thing comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: SNES_Mini.jpg (975KB, 2600x1878px) Image search: [Google]
SNES_Mini.jpg
975KB, 2600x1878px
Have you bought Chrono Trigger yet /vr/? Once this thing comes out and every manchildren in facebook starts talking about this amazing game that isn't included you'll start seeing single cartridges go for $300+
>>
>>4089057
The NES emulator didn't make NES prices go crazy. I doubt this SNES emulator will.
>>
No one cares about Nintendo's latest garbage.
>>
>>4089057
A thread had to die so you could make this? Fuck you op
>>
>>4089070
>>
>>4089068
seems you're lacking some reading comprehension my friend
>>
>>4089075

No, Anon, I don't think so...Now go post this a few more times somewhere else on the internet so you can get your pay.
>>
input lag up the ass
>>
File: 1428419529509.gif (102KB, 758x696px) Image search: [Google]
1428419529509.gif
102KB, 758x696px
I emulate, so it doesn't matter.
>>
It's been over 20 years. If you wanted CT you would have purchased it by now.
>>
>>4089472
What if you weren't alive when chrono trigger was released, or too young to care, or playing sega back then?
>>
>>4089489
NES classic didn't effect prices so doubt this will desu.

Besides, most expensive worthwhile SNES game? Maybe 40 bucks? Christ, that's still less than any modern game
>>
>>4089468

Good girl.
>>
>>4089057
>tfw thinking of buying a repro cart because I don't have $100+ to throw around for one game
>>
>>4089489
you wouldn't have developed the taste necessary to enjoy chrono trigger so it doesn't matter
>>
This is why I just bought my first snes yesterday before the prices start skyrocketing like they did with the nes a year ago.
>>
>>4089491
Chrono carts still go for $90
Even some shitters like Sonic Blastman 2 go for $120
>>
>>4089468
This

>>4089489
There have been good SNES emulators for upwards of 10 years at this point like higan and Snes9x.
>>
>>4089057
I got it with the super Nintendo my dad's friend gave me. It comes with the box and cardboard inside the box but no manual. It's an ok game. I'm not that big of a fan of rpgs though.
>>
>>4089057

There really isnt any point buying a snes copy for an inflated price when you can buy the superior DS version cheaply.
>>
>>4089543

>Sonic Blast Man 2
>a shitter

Nigger I will FIGHT you
>>
>>4089715
shouldn't an emulator made by nintendo be better than a third party one? if not, why not?
>>
>>4089791
Not necessarily, seeing that it's software-based, which means you can transfer it to any device that can run it, including a netbook or something of that nature with just the keyboard acting as the controller input , meanwhile you have to have a TV to use the SNES mini correctly along with the physical controllers. Also, there's autists like bsnes who will go to extraordinary lengths to emulate the hardware of the SNES to the fullest capacity, in addition to literally every computer since the early-to-mid 2000's being able to run SNES emulators.
>>
I bought the PS1 port that came with FFIV last year. Load times kinda suck but I've never owned the cart version so it's not like I have a frame of reference for how long it should be

Visually it looks perfect, playing via a PS2 with ps3 s-video cables
>>
I'd rather buy the superior sequel, but I already did.
>>
>>4089810
My knowledge about how emulators work is poor, but I guess I figured that Nintendo would understand the guts of the SNES hardware better than anyone, and would thus have the know-how to perfectly emulate how it worked.
>>
Honest question, next year do you think they will do a N64 mini, a GameCube Mini, or a GameBoy mini?

Please don't scoff at the idea of a GameBoy mini console. It could happen. Repurpose the Orignal GBA design as a cheap device for kids with 30 game boy games.

Just curious what you all think.
>>
>>4090193
I really don't see the point of a Game Boy Mini
Everyone interested in handheld nintendo gaming has a 3ds, which has almost every noteworthy game boy game on virtual console (and pretty much every game if you inject)
Once VC comes to Switch I imaging (hope) they will consolidate the handheld and console VC.

As for 64, I don't know how they'd do it. They'd HAVE to strike a deal with Rare to make it worthwhile. They'd also have to reissue N64 controllers with an analog stick design that doesn't shit the bed after a month, which would take effort
>>
>>4089527
What makes you think that? 96 here, I wasn't born when chrono trigger was released, but I played it back in 2013 when I was 16 and liked it.

Not that it matters too much to me since it never came out on SNES in Europe anyway, and I'd never pay $90+ for it. I recently bought the super Famicom version instead.
>>
>>4089068
>no one cares about the product that literally sells out in minutes
lol k
>>
>>4089057
>Trigger Niggers
i played the PSX version nigger
>>
>>4089068
>no one cares about Star Fox 2
I mean it doesn't have Krystal in it but come on!
>>
Just get the ps1 port. It's not expensive at all.

Hell, the psn store has the digital version for 10 bucks.
>>
Already have my copy.
>>
I bought the DS version like a good boy.
>>
>>4089785
It wasnt bad, but it wasnt $120 good. I had no idea it was even valuable until I was looking at repros. i prefer the much cheaper Knights of The Round, or Turtles IV
>>
>>4090083
Think of it this way: You can get the same experience emulating an SNES with a Rasberry Pi that you can get with the SNES mini and spend literally 1/2 of the $80 price tag and the Pi won't go out of stock quickly.
>>
File: ChronoTriggerDSBox.jpg (99KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
ChronoTriggerDSBox.jpg
99KB, 500x448px
>caring about the snes version unless you're a collectorfag
Ds is the way to go with CT.
>>
File: Chrono Trigger.jpg (157KB, 640x573px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono Trigger.jpg
157KB, 640x573px
I already have the best version of Chrono Trigger and I'm not even that big of a fan of the game.
>>
>wanting to buy a limited bad copy of the SNES which is essentially a computer running an emulator that is so limited in stock that you'll end up paying fucktons from some shithead on ebay that will only send you an empty box
>wanting to buy ancient cartridges that you have to hook up to ancient hardware that you have to keep clean and working
computer+emu+rom master race
>>
>>4092347
>he doesn't flashcart
>>
>>4089057
Yeah, on DS. I also have it on Wii.
>>
>>4092347
You could also just get brand new repo games
>>
>>4089057
> Paying for a CT cart you just have to open up to replace the battery in anyways.

No thank you.
>>
>>4092347
Too bad actual accuracy stops at fifth and sixth gens. Really fucks up the whole archival mentality.
>>
>>4092875

Nah I'm still busy gathering the Saturn and PSX sets. Depending on how long Endrift lasts I may need the DS sets too.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.