[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Build engine games general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Blood>Shadow warrior>Duke

Funniest character
Lo Wang>Caleb>Duke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc65PAcKi4Y
>>
>>4087910
>le Blood is best meme
Stop.
>>
I get what you're trying to do, but you shouldn't do it. I know the """retro fps""" general barely talks about more than one game, but making a third fps general isn't going to help anything. Duke, Blood, SW threads all get a good amount of replies most of the time, and NESfag tends to appear to talk about some shit. But having a "build engine" general will probably not help.

It's a gay situation, but that's how it is.
>>
>>4087917
The shotgun is pure love plus voodoo doll. (0's gallore but I know that's been taken by le ebin meymeys.

>>4087920
I just can't get why this ones are mostly silent being that they have a lot of elements to them.
>>
>>4087910
Lo wang isn't even funny. It's weaker than Duke's memes.
>>
File: Shadow_Warrior_(DOS)_46.png (83KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Warrior_(DOS)_46.png
83KB, 640x400px
>>4087938
>>
>>4087930
One way to look at it is that these games have non-existent modding scenes. People played them years ago and moved on since there's only so much to discuss. You might think /doom/ is full of these people who moved on, and only talk about doom and sometimes quake since those are the games with modding scenes.

But what I think is happening is that there are these people who come to /vr/ and notice there's a general for doom and become a regular, only playing doom. Some may notice that id also made quake so they venture out into that, don't like it, and go back to doom. Heaven help you if you try to get any of them to play anything else.

That one guy who's been attacking those threads for years is autistic, but he's got a point. The game is pretty easy and the general-goers have gotten soft and whine when there's a challenge. I've actually seen someone complain that people were talking about quake.

There needs to be a reset, but I don't think flooding /vr/ with fps-centric generals is the way to do it.
>>
>>4087946
They do have mod scenes though.
>>
>>4087949
Mod scenes exist yes, but activity? Doom has an entire library of maps in an archive, and game "journalists" still make articles about them. Brutal Doom was quite the thing, and gave a huge boost to it' scene. I can probably name all the big releases for other games on my fingers. There's arcane dimensions for quake. There's the alphas for shadow warrior. There's the anniversary duke thing that got controversy.
The Unreal threads struggle to get attention from anyone besides the people who truly are fans, and suggestions of going to /arena/ for multiplayer is a valid suggestion.

You could always try getting interest in modding for a wider scope of games, but I don't know how you'd pull such a thing off.
>>
>>4087958
Also there's the java port for blood, but opinions on that are mixed.
>>
>>4087910
Blood >= Duke > SW

Caleb > Duke > Wang
>>
>>4087958
what are you even talking about you seem to know very little about what is going on in mod scenes outside of doom
>>
What's the best way to play Kick Dickem?
>>
>>4088952

I'm gonna try Virtualbox, but my expectations are not high. These are the same assholes who can't even get mixed-mode CD reading to work.

Then again, it's Oracle, so....Ya know....
>>
FPS games are all trash.
>>
What files from the game are needed to run eduke32?
>>
>>4088974
oh shit you have a cool wiki just like us
>>
>>4088952
eDuke32

it's to douk what ZDoom is to Doom
>>
>>4088987
oh wow it's either eduke32 has gotten a LOT nicer since i last tried playing it or i was using a shittier source port way back when.
>>
>>4088969

Nah.
>>
>>4088987

Nah. eDuke is absolute shit. Not cross platform at all, only supports Duke. ZDoom is better, even if idtech games are boring as week-old dogshite.
>>
>>4089001
>Not cross platform at all
Windows, Linux, Mac.
>only supports Duke
NAM and WWII. There is now also a fork for SW. What else should it support if none of the other Build games' sources were released?
>>
>>4089001
/doom/ here, seems to work fine for me
>>
>>4087920
>>4087946

Fuck off back to the Doombabbys and let us have our thread in peace.
>>
>>4089003

Just because they say the support Mac, doesn't mean they actually do. The keymapping wasn't even correct last I tried.
>>
>>4089003

Shadow Warrior. Mainline, not as a goddamn fork. The sourcecode has only been out for that one for years and years and years.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.