[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best Ways to Play Retro Vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: file.jpg (34KB, 478x264px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
34KB, 478x264px
What's the best way to experience FFVI?
Also, general "Best ways to play retro vidya" thread
>>
File: 4-15072011_121736.png (37KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
4-15072011_121736.png
37KB, 512x448px
get cartridge, put it on a snes, play. grind at the dinosaur forest. drop a few economizers, kill the dragons, chill and kill kefka.
>>
been looking for this & no one's been able to answer me
which is better for PSP. using the component cables or the USB & CFW? assume money isn't an issue
>>
>>4087829
The best way to play FFVI is the ios/steam port, but only if you can stand the terrible sprite work.
>>
I'd say zsnes.
>>
>>4087829
Why is VI the favourite one to most people when at the same time they don't enjoy the open area?
>>
Ted Woolsey Uncensored.

>>4088283
Don't you mean the terrible map work and controls?
>>
>>4088437
VI or VII were babby's first Final Fantasy (and first JRPG) for most 90's kids in the U.S., considering Square didn't even bother to localize half of the series prior to them (it was just I and IV).
>>
>>4088574
I have the Ted Woolsey uncensored edition v1.96, is that the latest one?
I also have one called the 're-translation' patch. What's better about TWU?
>>
>>4087829
emulator or flashcart
>>
File: 1252368706885.jpg (99KB, 715x814px) Image search: [Google]
1252368706885.jpg
99KB, 715x814px
Best way to play my old gbx/gbc games? I have my old GBC, but pic related. I have a GB Boy Colour too, and the screen is really bright, but the pixels look odd/not like the real thing. I'm really leaning toward playing on my GBA SP, but it's AGS-001 with the dim screen.

Can I just buy the brighter SP's AGS-101 screen on eBay and do a direct swap into my old AGS-001 SP? All the info I see online is just for swapping AGS-101 into an AGB-001, so idk if the connections for the AGS-101 screen are the same as the connections on my SP AGS-001 unit.

Other option is playing on my DS lite with flash cart/emu.
>>
>>4093590
>Other option is playing on my DS lite with flash cart/emu

Just do this anon, it's the most hassle-free option and the screen is even better than the meme-101
>>
>>4087829
>Best ways to play retro vidya
Cosplay as your player character to increase immersion.
>>
>>4087829
You mean FF3 english speaker
>>
>>4087829
The correct answer is apparently "GBA with sound patch" on portable, or SNES emulator on PC

Honestly I'd go with GBA, with or without sound patch.
>>
File: bait.jpg (27KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
27KB, 480x270px
>>4087829
GBA with Sound Restoration Patch or SNES, pick yourself.

>>4088283
>The best way to play FFVI is the ios/steam port
Pic, also: http://www.fortressofdoors.com/doing-an-hd-remake-the-right-way-ffvi-edition/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.