[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Mini Alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 9

File: Nintendo Hates You.jpg (134KB, 800x519px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Hates You.jpg
134KB, 800x519px
I've decided that I'm not going to chase the SNES Mini. The NES Mini was a mediocre product. So instead I'd like to build a Raspberry Pi gaming machine, but I have no idea where to begin.

I see a lot of topics on this cool little device, and I know I should have paid attention to them sooner. Can any of you point me in the right direction?

I also wouldn't mind finding a NES or SNES style case for my new machine. Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
There are a lot of great custom cases on Etsy Anon. You might want to start there.
>>
>>4087379
Old PI's have composite output, new ones are HDMI only afaik.

>needing a case
Just stop. Do you care about the games? Or do you want some trendy peice of tech to wow your handler when she comes by to check on you?
>>
>>4087379
>SNES Mini Alternatives
What's the average price for SNES+some flashcart for all* games?
>>
>>4087392
>new ones are HDMI only afaik.

hows the input lag? I was thinking of getting one for some Neo geo stuff
>>
>>4087379
>Wow, the new Nintendo console is a horsedick-sized anal vibrator wrapped in rusty barbed wire, and it comes pre-infected with AIDS
>But they're not manufacturing enough to meet demand :( now I have to buy it on eBay for $700 :( why does Nintendo hate their fans :( :(
>>
>>4087392
>Old PI's have composite output, new ones are HDMI only afaik.

That kinda sucks, but I can get over it.

>>4087412
>hows the input lag?

I have the same question.

>>4087406
What's the best SNES Flashcart at this point? Is it still SD2NES?
>>
I am not going for one simply because Nintendo pulled "lol, looks like we did not produce enough to meet demand, sorry but it is sooo popular lollol" bullshit with NES CE and the Switch. False scarcity may build hype but it is insulting to me. I am not going out of my way to buy your shit that I can either get for free or has no games.
>>
>>4087379
>selling something on ebay that you don't even own yet

So if someone buys this and he can't provide can the buyer fuck this guy's rep somehow?
>>
>>4087432
The seller probably works at Gamestop or Walmart and just takes them when they come in. That's pretty much what happened last time.
>>
Why does everyone who doesn't want one of these have to be so extra about it?
>>
>>4087423
I got a Pi3 Model B in November and it has composite out through a 3.5mm jack.
>>
>>4087441
Where did you buy?
>>
>>4087439
They might have wanted one, but not anymore after learning this comes with less games than the NES Mini and is more expensive.

Plus Nintendo's artificial scarcity bullshit.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Specifications
>>
>>4087447
Amazon. Got it in a kit with a case and power supply for $50.
>>
>>4087448

I have a hard time believing it's artificial scarcity, so much as it is Japanese retardation. If it was artificial scarcity, they'd still be distributing the NES Classic in small quantities, but then they cancelled it, so it's not like they're benefiting from allegedly making the product into that much more of a holy grail.

I'm not saying that what they're doing isn't bullshit, but I don't think it's some malicious jewery or anything, just Japanese people having zero understanding of what people want outside of their island.
>>
File: Atari-Flashback-Gold-8.png (333KB, 1280x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Atari-Flashback-Gold-8.png
333KB, 1280x1140px
>>4087460
These are produced in greater number than the NES Mini. You can walk into dozens of different stores and buy them without trouble. They've been making them every year since 2004

Nintendo is pulling a scam on everyone. This is full blown artificial scarcity and they know it.
>>
>>4087423
>What's the best SNES Flashcart at this point? Is it still SD2SNES?

Yes.
>>
>>4087429
You and everybody else repeating this meme is an idiot who doesn't understand economics.

Nintendo makes no money when they don't have something to sell. Nintendo also makes none of the extra money that the scalpers bring in on top of the original sale price. In the case of the Switch, they're double-fucked by having to compete with Apple and other companies for in-demand parts like NAND memory.

I'm not defending Nintendo, either. But their complete inability to properly stock their products is an indication of incompetence, not some cockamamie conspiracy.
>>
>>4087469
If they are pulling a scam, then I don't know who benefits from it.
>>
I blame the nintendo fans more than the sellers
If they werent willing to pay over msrp the scalpers would stop
>>
>>4087379
>Raspberry
>I have no idea where to begin
You just said that
>point me in the right direction
Your dogs ass is where the homework you never did would theoretically come out of
>>
>>4087379
How was the NES Classic mediocre?
>>
>>4087469
Um, it's not artificial scarcity and you'd have to be a total retard to think that. They didn't anticipate how popular it would be. They sell more by selling more, not by selling less.
>>
>>4087564
Bad emulation
>>
I bought a pi2 a while back. I was able to get it running retro pie super easy. Full disclosure, make sure you have a keyboard so you can configure it, but its easy.
>>
>>4087379
build a cheapass minitower then paint it and lay it on its side.
>>
>>4087582
You can just ssh into it using Putty on any computer over a network.
>>
>>4087379
>2017
>posts on the internet using a computer
>wants hardware
>real hardware too expensive
>still not emulating
>"fake-real" hardware too expensive
>"shit-tiny-computer-that-is-somehow-superior-than-computer-im-right-now" hardware just right
>requires a plastic shell to hide the "lie" that is within

I don't know what to say. I personally want to slap anybody who wanted to buy, wants to buy, or bought one of these Mini cash grabs. Wanting a Pi is only slightly less indicative of brain trauma, but realistically, if not boringly, the computer you are on right now is probably better suited and easier to do the same thing on as what you are suggesting. After all, a Pi is a PC.

>queue defense claims of it "saves space" or is a "neat project"
>>
>>4087628
The NES Mini made me buy a Raspberry Pi. I plan on getting an SNES Mini. I have flash carts for all the consoles I want running on clone hardware. I also have original hardware.
>>
>>4087379
RPI3+AudioJackRCA+Recalbox+CRT+BuffaloSNESpad
>>
>>4087642
>I have flash carts for all the consoles
>I also have original hardware.
and
>I plan on getting an SNES Mini
>I want running on clone hardware
the former is reasonable, and emulation is a good alternative if you have no money. the latter cause me cognitive dissonance. i simply don't understand.
>>
>>4087628
>Wanting a Pi is only slightly less indicative of brain trauma, but realistically, if not boringly, the computer you are on right now is probably better suited and easier to do the same thing on as what you are suggesting.
But I don't want to plug my computer to the tv or unplug it when I'm done
>>
>>4087568
>They didn't anticipate how popular it would be.

Just like they didn't anticipate how popular the Wii would be?

Just like they didn't anticipate how popular the Switch would be?

This is the fourth time we're going through this, if Nintendo hasn't learned yet then they are certifiable retards.
>>
Of course it's artificial scarcity.

Sure, they would make more money on the NES Classic if they sold a billion of them, but the NES Classic isn't their only product. The goal was simply to build hype for the Switch.

Switch sales benefit Nintendo far more than NES Classic sales, because they need an install base to convince developers to get on board. If they sold an NES Classic to everyone who wanted one, it would reduce demand for their Switch Virtual Console which, if I had to guess, will probably be launched after SNES Classic production ends.
>>
>>4087628
So leave.
>>
>>4087379
i'm looking at getting a Super Fami Jr + SD2SNES + OSSC
>>
>>4087696
And don't forget about the regular-sized New 3DS's inside of the United States of America. They had them for Black Friday Sale last year, but if assuredly feels like nobody isn't going to get none any more.
>>
>>4087460
>they'd still be distributing the NES Classic in small quantities, but then they cancelled it, so it's not like they're benefiting from allegedly making the product into that much more of a holy grail.

This

Artificial scarcity to increase demand makes no sense if nintendo never capitalizes on the increased demand

The best theory I've heard is the shortages turn these consoles into advertisements for their virtual console catalogue. They have to be selling something if they aren't selling NES minis. So it has to be classic games on eshop.
>>
>>4087568
Wrong.

>>4087549
The benefit is millions of dollars worth of free press. Far more than the little company from Kyoto could ever afford. That's always been the angle with their fake shortage scams. To get people talking about Nintendo. To artificially inflate the value of the brand.

And it is a complete and total scam. 100%. Nintendo has the most gullible fans in the business. Nintendo knows it can shit all over them and they'll still play along. That's partially what makes this scam so effective.
>>
>>4087379
Just print a SNES case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mymHcEU9BsQ
>>
>>4087695
why would you connect anything to a TV in this modern era besides a computer and video game consoles?
>>
>>4087628
The NES classic is a pretty sweet device actually. That plastic shell is aesthetically pleasing. Remember when USB was fairly new and everyone was going nuts over "case modding" their flash drives? Having a different outward appearance doesn't do anything functionally different, but by all means plastic pimping as a hobby can be a pretty good time.

But when it comes to the NES Classic, it's actually double-cool, because its an official Nintendo product, and paying money for something like that feels good. It's called brand loyalty, my friend! The games on it are good too. I beat all of them a couple times, except FF1 (because that shit's worse than DW1). The build quality is superb. I use it to play hot potato with my pals. It hasn't broken yet.

>>4087379
There's a lot of good stuff you can do with 3D printing, have you looked into that at all?
>>
>>4087545

Its both false scarcity AND incompetence. Do not act like pretending your product is a hot item that can barely stay on shelves when you are only shipping handful at a time is not a legitimate business tactic to create interest.

And the insult comes from Nintendo stopping production of the NES mini when they clearly knew, or should have known, that there were tons of people out there that still wanted one. They've lost millions alone from this inane decision alone.
>>
>>4087392
The Pi3 Model B still has a 3.5mm composite jack
>>
>>4087406
An SNES and SD2SNES along with the few worthwhile incompatible games (Yoshi's Island, SMRPG, Kirby Super Star) would run you roughly $300
>>
File: IMG_0683.jpg (291KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0683.jpg
291KB, 1296x972px
I've got my SNES Mini alternative right here.
>>
>>4087412
You're gonna get different responses on that. I've done a side by side test using my pi and an actual NES connected to a crt. It ran fine for me, but I did overclocked my pi and turned off shaders
>>
>>4087813
>And the insult comes from Nintendo stopping production of the NES mini when they clearly knew, or should have known, that there were tons of people out there that still wanted one. They've lost millions alone from this inane decision alone.

The only logic that could justify this is the demand for the snes mini will be even higher because an established history of being a limited production product. But they have actually make a lot of them this time.
>>
How much better is a snes hooked up to an hdmi TV then a rasberry pi? I have both, the snes (through composite) feels better but I honestly don't know if it's just placebo or because I'm using the actual controller
>>
>>4087379
how does Nintendo's SNES emulator compare to Higan/BSNES or SNES9X?
>>
>>4087887
*HD TV, not hdmi
>>
>>4087887
It's because the Raspberry Pi has horrendous input lag.
>>
>>4087441
>>4087447
The Pi 2B also has AV from the 3.5mm 4 pole/TRRS unified AV jack. Plug pole from tip to base should be Left/Right/Ground/Video

So if you have 2/3 get the 3.5mm TRSS connector. Technically if you fuck up the connector you can just you know switch around the plugs so long as the ground is correct as each RCA connector fits in any AV so if it mixes them up just find the right one. Then just you know, wrap them with tape of mark them so you know which ones which.

>>4087650
Why recalos rather than retropie? Seems like it all it does is change the boot for EmulationStation and Retroarch.
>>
>>4087894
Idiot.
>>
is it true that the SD2SNES is occasionally discounted? Is that usually around Black Friday?
>>
>>4087887
Several frames

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2019/an-input-lag-investigation/2

>>4087953
The rasberry Pi has worse input lag than a PC by 1-2 frames, but I wouldn't call that horrendous.

The display you are using matters more than the difference between console/PC/Pi. The worst average of 9 frames from the emulation input lag test is about 133ms. Shitty TVs can add 200+ to that and then you have a problem.
>>
>>4088053
*8 frames
>>
>>4088053
PC emulators already have bad input lag, so yeah, I'd call it horrendous.
>>
>>4088053
>The worst average of 9 frames from the emulation input lag test is about 133ms.

Kept reading, and a SNES on a CRT is 3 frames of input lag for super mario world, just so you know the baseline
>>
>>4088058
They add about 3 frames or 50ms. Unless you're playing for money or fame there's no point in caring. I wonder if you'd be able to tell the difference in a blind test.
>>
I'm importing a Japanese Famicom mini. The Japanese case design is superior, and scalpers don't even know they exist.
>>
>>4088068
If I played a fast-paced game I'm familiar with on console and emulator back-to-back, I am 100% confident I could tell you which one is which. Get it down to 1 frame and we can talk.

But by all means, play on emulators if you want, I'm not here to stop you. I envy you for not being as discerning, in fact.
>>
>>4088076
Believe me, the scalpers were well aware of the Famicom Mini. Prices have calmed down now, but for a while they were almost as bad as the US version.

P.S. Enjoy your non-detachable foot-long cables.
>>
File: NES Classic.png (280KB, 1242x640px) Image search: [Google]
NES Classic.png
280KB, 1242x640px
Finally a price drop! Hurry anons, buy before its too late!!
>>
>>4088090
It'd be funny if it actually had better emulation than the real one because it's using stolen Nestopia code or something.
>>
>>4088080
>>4088068
I play Tetris Attack well enough to take advantage of some moves requiring 1/60 second timing on both console and emulator without even the slightest hint that there is a difference between the two.

Unless you are using some stupid shit like a scaler or your computer is just a steaming pile from 1995, lag is a fucking meme.
>>
>>4088089
You need to be close to the console to switch games anyway
>>
>>4088089

Famicom has non detachable controllers, Super Fami does not
>>
>>4087392

No you need a fancy cable (I don't know the exact technical term for it) for that audio/video port to output both for composite.
>>
>>4088147
And he was talking about the Famicom, not the Super Famicom.
>>
>>4088105
>stolen Nestopia code
>>
>>4088169
That is what I said, yes. The GPL is as legally binding as any other software license.
>>
>>4088015

Why did you call him an idiot for asking a legitimate question? I'm curious about it too.
>>
>>4088295
How do you expect us to know if the emulation is good or not months before it's been released?
>>
>>4087432
you actually can't sell preorders on eBay, report the fuckers
>>
>>4088351
Isn't it reasonable to assume that Virtual console is a good indicator of how snes classic will perform??
>>
>>4087387
Hell I'd pay the $80 just to avoid that rat-chewed 3d printed shit.
>>
>>4088371
If the NES Classic is any indicator, no, not at all.
>>
File: andross.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
andross.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
Threadly reminder that presale of goods you cannot deliver within 30 days is against Ebay's TOS:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

The SNES Mini Classic will not even begin to become available until October.

Report all SNES Mini Classic auctions until the scalping stops.
>>
>>4088432
> Scalping not the effect.

The only way to avoid it is high availability. When scalpers can't score entire shipments like they did with the nes mini then it'll stop.
>>
>>4088378
The NES Classic has bad emulation, dude.
>>
>>4087460
>>4087751
>>4087549
It's probably something stupid like
>We're selling this thing with 30 NES games, on our VC catalogue we sell one game for 3-5€ and we sold that thing with 30 popular games for ONLY 70€. Why would people buy old roms on the eshop when they just can get a NES mini for more games?? Whoever had this idea should cut off his finger. Whoever greenlit this idea should commit sudoku
>>
>>4088454
Exactly.
>>
>>4087837
starfox 2 where
>>
>>4087392
No, all even the 3 and Zero have Composite, you're just too dumb to know how to use it
>>
>>4087767
>It's called brand loyalty, my friend!

Which is a trait that only mindless drones exhibit. Having loyalty to a company, an entity based solely on turning a profit, is absolute retardation.
This is doubly true if the company actively fucks over consumers, ie. You, to turn said profit. And this is definitely something modern Nintendo not only has done, but continually do whenever possible.

Nintendo clearly does not have their consumers' best interests in mind. There's no reason to show loyalty to them, and even less reason to brag about doing so.
Your whole post reads like a poorly disguised advertisement in a 90s gaming magazine.
>>
>>4087732
>but if assuredly feels like nobody isn't going to get none any more.
>>
>>4087837
Time to cash out and get an emulation cart. Carts don't last forever
>>
>>4088727
Dont they tho
>>
>>4088727
>emulation cart
>>4088756
they'll outlive us
>>
You can use RetroTink to get RGB, S-Video or Component on the Pi.
>>
>>4087418
HIV can't survive like that though. It wouldnt be very effective
>>
>>4087557
Exactly. If i found a wayt to make 400 dollars profit on an 80 dollar snes mini you better believe im buying those shits by the pound
>>
>>4087753
This is the only reasonable conclusion ITT
>>
>>4088670
I'm loyal to companies if it benrfits me. If i need a new pair of headphones i get Sennheisers because ive never had a bad experience with them. So it makes sense to some extent, sometimes
>>
>>4088985
Nintendo certainly doesn't fit into that logic.
>>
>>4088975
They ship them in specially designed containers and have special kiosks for them at retailers that keep the synthetic flesh-like packaging warm to keep the virus alive inside.
>>
>>4087379
HOW?

HOW DID A BUNCH OF SCAPLERS manage to obtain some actual SNES Mini units months before the official US or European release!?
>>
>>4088997
>the packaging is similar enough to Mammalian flesh to keep HIV and similar RNA viruses alive

Also, special kiosks are nothing new. I'm sure that they predate home consoles by 25-30 years, and aren't only for electronics.
>>
>>4087379
>inb4 UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH INPUT LAG
>>
Does anyone here know how to make the composite audio louder on the pi 3 b?
>>
It's time to admit that Nintendo is a shit company that dumps on all their fans. Nintendo could easily produce enough of these consoles to go around, but they don't because artificial scarcity and fake shortages benefit the company more than selling this little plastic box.

They use the shortage hysteria to generate massive amounts of free press. Millions of dollars worth of free advertising that they could never normally afford. This artificially inflates the value of the Nintendo brand, bumps up their stock prices and even raises the exposure level for their other products, and the reason they're able to get away with this scam because their fans are such gullible suckers.

Nintendo hates you, but they're grateful for the free PR.
>>
>>4089081
An understandable sentiment. They aren't what they were back in the Gamecube and Wii days...
>>
>>4089093

Hell, the GCN and DS were the last time I gave a fuck about 'em. And even the DS can be a pain when they go full-retard with that stylus.
>>
>>4088134
>Tetris Attack
One of the very few games where i matters

I can still complete Mega Man X on a laptop, with snes 9x, windows 7 with aero enenabled on a projector with ease.
>>
File: foil hat.jpg (19KB, 348x406px) Image search: [Google]
foil hat.jpg
19KB, 348x406px
This whole fucking thread
>>
>>4088653
In my ROM folder the day this thing comes out.
>>
>>4089018
They didn't, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>4089194

Yes, to despise a company known for being the modern Disney of the Japanese videogame industry one must certainly be a tinfoil hat. There could not be any valid reason ever to dislike such a shitty corporation, no siree bob.
>>
>>4087379
Wew to the lad and the lad to the wew

1. Get a Wii

2. Softmod it

Bada bing, bada boom, you can play all the NES, SNES, Gamecube and WII games that you want (some N64 too, of course) for next to nothing.
>>
>>4089056
Check the documentation. Everything on pi is adjustible in a single conf file in human readable plaintext
>>
>>4089294
Pretending the "false scarcity" conspiracy is real despite nobody, not even Nintendo, benefiting from it is pretty tin foil hat.
>>
>>4088090
Wasn't aware these things existed, but I guess I'm not surprised.

Anyone tried one?
>>
>>4087379
>$499
>for a fucking SNES

Why would anyone on this board buy one of these? You can emulate all of this shit for free; I can understand the appeal if you're so computer illiterate that you've never heard of an emulator (the average person) but I'm assuming most anons on /vr/ aren't.
>>
>>4089645

False scarcity is a known marketing tactic, what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>4089667

Your guess is as good as mine, man.
>>
How bad is the input lag on the NES Classic and Retro Pi?
>>
>>4087406
SNES is like $60-$80 with cables and a controller in the US. You can find them cheaper if you search, but my time is more valuable than that.

a Super Everdrive from the Chinese EverDrive dealer is like $55 after shipping and paying for someone to order it for you in China.

The SD2SNES is about $110 from China (official Chinese made ones, not knock offs)

Then like $10 for an SD card if you need an extra one.

desu SNES feels better on handheld for some reason so I just play it on my hacked 3DS
>>
>>4089691

I'm not saying it isn't, but it only works if you continue selling the product instead of discontinuing it after, what, five months? And apparantly, despite promising more stock on SNES classic, they're only planning to sell it for three months this time?

How does "false scarcity" benefit anyone if they just stop selling it?
>>
>>4089919
Nintendo benefits by selling more Switches. This is how marketing works.
>>
>>4088670
>taking the bait this hard
I thought we were smarter than this on this board.
>>
>>4089667
Because they're not $499 you dumb shit.
>>
>>4087392
Holy shit you're angry.
>>
>>4087568
>it's not artificial scarcity
If it wasn't they would've produced more after realizing how much demand there was. End of fucking discussion, shill.
>>
No seriously, why did they launch pre-orders so much sooner in the UK than the US?
>>
I'm using a hacked Wii with a gamecube controller and a 28inch crt for all my snes needs. Whole lot cost less than a snes mini.
>>
>>4090806
You're not special.
>>
>>4090851
...okay? What does that add to the discussion?
>>
>>4087469
The NES Mini came from leftover Wii U parts, couldn't help that because they were just selling off the last of pre-Switch shit.
>>
>>4090851
Never claimed to be special in any way. Just pointing out that cheaper alternatives are readily available for less cost.
>>
I have the mini snes preorder from amazon and can not wait to try star fox 2.
>>
>>4090872
inb4 scalpers
>>
>>4090874
Amazon lets order up to 30 copies but I only ordered 1.

Inb4 retard
>>
>>4088090
Here's a better deal
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272717787005
I got it for 18 lucas with free shipping. It's even cheaper now, fml
>>
>>4090681
To fuck over Europeans
>>
>You will never own one.
>Pre-orders will be taken scalpers
>Online stock will be gone in seconds
>Store employees will keep all the units for themselves
>eBay will be flooded with scalpers
>Craig's List will be flooded by scalpers
>You'll see pictures of scalpers who were able to buy 100 units

>Nintendo doesn't care if you complain because even your complaints are more free advertising.
>>
File: IMG_1508.jpg (285KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508.jpg
285KB, 1600x902px
>Silly Anon, of course we don't have the SNES Classic!
>Pre-Orders all went to store employees.
>My boyfriend and I bought two, one to play and one to sell!
>We're having so much fun with it!
>Aww, so sorry you didn't get one.
> Perhaps you'd be interested in some shitty used pc games?!
>>
>>4090206
>I was only pretending
Guess not.
>>
>>4091226
Maybe it's time for you to apply for a job at FUCKING GAMESTOP anon
>>
>>4091282
Why won't Sears nor Gamestop put restrictions such conduct involving employees selling store products all willy nilly!??
>>
>>4091304
*buying store products all willy nilly
>>
>>4091304
Because it makes them money.
>>
>>4091304
Why won't Nintendo manufacture enough to make scalping irrelevant?

Don't blame the symptom. Blame the cause.
Fuck they did the same thing with the Wii in 2006.
>>
>>4091350
The WII did end up selling well, not just in Japan.
>>
>>4091420
Yeah, but during its first 6 months it was nearly impossible to find, at least here. I remember it going for PS3 money on Amazon.
>>
>>4087469

And here is why Nintendo pulls the "scam". You can walk into any store and buy those Ataris, meaning they have an influx of product that is sitting there and not making any money.

Better to produce 5 million units and sell out completely than produce 20 million and half end up in the bargain bin or returned to the manufacturer unsold.

Scarcity builds hype and desire, something the Ataris never had.
>>
>>4091470
>Something that Atari never had
Not since 1984.
>>
Nintendo scalping it themselves then selling it on ebay isnt below them.
>>
>>4087695
play games on your monitor then.
>>
>>4090860
>>4090871
Stop thinking you're some mystical enlightened hacker mastermind for knowing about emulators or raspberry pis, everyone here already knows, go get on FB and show off to the normies if you want to look cool that badly.

I can't believe how many posts like this have been popping up since the SNES Classic announcement. Suddenly everyone thinks they're the only ones that know how to download emulators or hack old consoles.
>>
>>4091860
I'd like to direct you to the title of this thread. Stop being so self-important.
>>
File: megaman7.jpg (2MB, 2229x1159px) Image search: [Google]
megaman7.jpg
2MB, 2229x1159px
raspberry pi 3 + retrotink to get component output with the best image quality possible on a CRT

pic is from my setup
>>
>>4087379
If you already have a competent computer I'd look into just getting set up with Retroarch and a decent frontend on that instead, and then hook up the computer to your TV.
>>
>>4088727
ROM carts will outlast CD's and most hard drives.
>>
>>4087379
I have a qnap ts-251a. It is a NAS with a hdmi out.

It can run ubuntu in a docker container. From ubuntu I run mednafen.

I have a nes replica usb controller. I plan to buy snes and genesis ones too.

The TV I use is an old Phillips Plasma. Input delay seems small.

I have downloaded the Cylum sets from thepiratebay for nes, ses and genesis. The rom sets seem fairly adequate for my purposes.
>>
>>4091470
But that's where you're wrong because the Atari units sell in higher number than the NES Mini. Overstock is not considered a risk as products are rarely returned to manufacturers these days. Frequently they'll just be moved to close out stores.
>>
>>4091860
It's fucking hilarious fedora level posting don't discourage it.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (225KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
225KB, 1600x900px
>>4088653
>>
>>4087387
I wish that was the case (hahaaa) but I've yet to see a good one. They are all 3d printed cheaply, ugly grainy pieces of shit.
>>
>>4092352
I'm thinking of getting either this or a woerking GBA-Gamecube link cable as one of the 3 primary things on my Christmas/Yule wish list(one of the others being a PSP-2000 with several UMD games and at least 2 compatible memory sticks). I know many of you here tend to see it to be almost, if not as bad as the NES Mini, but I think its best to wait and see how it performs in terms of how well it displays and handles the games overall when it officially comes out. Though I would love to have the link cable(something that I never had back when I was 9-12 when the GCN was officially supported) so I can link with Animal Crossing and(after I find a copy of Metroid Fusion) link with Metroid Prime so I can get special features, such as the original NES Metroid on the GBA side.
>>
>>4092884
>repro Starfox 2 cartridge
WOW dedication.
>>
>>4089891
would my autism be able to handle the 'load times' associated with the China Super Everdrive? I'm still tempted to go with the official SD2SNES
>>
>>4087412
>hows the input lag?
Really bad.
>Input lag on RetroPie is pretty high with the OpenGL driver, at 6 frames for NES and 7-8 frames for SNES.
https://forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407
>>
>>4087379
>Raspberry Pi
why do people use underpowered pieces of shit like that?
get a fucking comput stick or build an htpc
>>
>>4091171
they have any with HDMI out? all of these seem to be PAL-D
>>
>>4094583
SNES is around 3 and PC emulation is usually around 6 for reference
>>
>>4094729
>PAL-D
It's composite famalam, and no these clones can't output HDMI video, they use old Famiclone technology that's already cheap and available, only new thing is the case
If you really want an HD retro system you could mod a Wii U or just use a pc.
>>
>>4094772
well shit. I guess there was a reason i got all that wii shit for cheap last summer.
>>
>>4092280
They won't outlast the interwebz and dumpers.
>>
Why do we keep having threads like this when everyone ought to know that these Classic mini-consoles are literally only for people outside of the retro/emulation scene because of nostalgia?

These things aren't made for any of us.

And it's not like the scalpers are getting anything out of it. It's fucking July and there's still tons of NES Classics on eBay that are NEVER going to sell. The scalpers missed their window and are going to realize that they wasted all their money.

Same thing's going to happen to the SNES Classic. That, or we'll get a flood like with the later-day amiibo and scalpers will get even more burned.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.