[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best retro Dragon Ball game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 15

File: 633.jpg (66KB, 680x514px) Image search: [Google]
633.jpg
66KB, 680x514px
what's the best retro Dragon Ball game?
>>
Hyper Dimension
>>
The one where they help Airton Senna win Grand Prix '94
>>
Dragon Quest 6
>>
File: 216.jpg (260KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
216.jpg
260KB, 1024x1536px
>>4087225
>not the one where they lead the bombers into the Gulf in '91
>>
>>
File: B1Eg7c3CEAAQnCp.jpg (114KB, 599x902px) Image search: [Google]
B1Eg7c3CEAAQnCp.jpg
114KB, 599x902px
>>4087109
I didnt know Gohan smoked Marlboro what a pimp. I bet Bulma succ'd them all off in space when they went to Namek.

Hyper Dimension is the best retro dbz game. The new Z-Fighters game looks good.
>>
>>4087512
is that a sequel to Legend Of The Super Saiyan?
I loved the first one despite its low budget graphics.
Didn't know there was a sequel but i guess the Legacy of Goku on GBA filled that void
>>
>>4087730
No, that's Super Butoden 2, a fighting game.
Super Saiya Densetsu is a remake of the first 2 DBZ RPG games, if you want a sequel to SSD, there's DBZ III on Famicom
>>
>>
Hyper Dimension
>>
File: jackie chan.jpg (4KB, 172x186px) Image search: [Google]
jackie chan.jpg
4KB, 172x186px
>>4087889
JACKIE CHAN!?
>>
>>4087940
in nippon its dragon ball, but like doki doki panic the americans got a sprite swap and new name slapped onto it.
>>
File: 1472633984968.jpg (93KB, 731x787px) Image search: [Google]
1472633984968.jpg
93KB, 731x787px
I think my question is what retro DBZ games are worth playing? I wouldn't know since I've only played Attack of the Sayians on the DS recently and heard some of the older games were just as good as that.
>>
>>4088023
Hyper Dimension and the Goku-den for the art (mainly Hyper Dimension), the Butouden for the music and that's it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (262KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
262KB, 1600x900px
VRVS
>>
Don't know if it's the best one, but it's definitely the most underrated.
>>
>>4088096
thats not PLAYDIA DBZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0FH7RjPVNo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIdxvVdE8xI
>>
File: GaidenSaiyanZK.png (195KB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
GaidenSaiyanZK.png
195KB, 400x210px
>>4088116
>>
Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gekitouden
>>
Legendary Super Warriors at least when it comes to retro handhelds
>>
>>4087109
Dragon Ball Z II: Gekishin Freeza
>>
File: Dragon_Ball_FC_flyer 2.jpg (172KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Ball_FC_flyer 2.jpg
172KB, 640x453px
>>4087889
I unironically love this game, and the Japanese version too, of course. The primary issue is the 'constantly depleting health because Goku is hungry' mechanic, which basically makes the game impossible. I usually play it with infinite health, and it's actually a pretty fun little beat em up that way.
>>
>>4088028
Most of the Dragon Ball games have great OSTs, Hyper Dimension and Goku-den also have great music.
I'd also say both Hyper Dimension and the Butoden games (at least 2 and 3) are worth playing for the gameplay, I actually do like those games and had a lot of fun playing against friends in VS mode.
As for Goku-den games, they're also worth playing for the alternative scenarios (bad endings, some of them are hilarious, like Gohan joining Vegeta and Nappa)
>>
>>4087212
Came here to post this. first post best post.
>>
>>4087109
Super saiyan densetsuu for the snes. Super sayain destiny I think in english. fuck if I know. Theres an english patch for it. It's a cool jrpg.

You can train yamcha, tien, and chaotzu enough to go to namek w/ gohan and krillin. It's cool as hell.

You can also technically beat frieza without losing anyone and ever going ssj.
>>
>>4087889
Gotta love Master Roshi's new look and how they call dragon balls crystal balls.

Also Nora is the best Dragon Ball girl.
>>
>>4091067
Would love a bite of Nora's sandwich
>>
>>4089326
Super Saiyan Legend, fyi
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.