[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vr/ play MDK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: mdk.png (952KB, 800x946px) Image search: [Google]
mdk.png
952KB, 800x946px
Does /vr/ play MDK?
>>
All time favorite game
>>
File: 42945.jpg (51KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
42945.jpg
51KB, 500x603px
It's short. It's weird. It's overall enjoyable. I also love the design of the coil suit.
>>
Yes, I beat it like 8 times. A true successor to Earthworm Jim.

Now MDK2 on the other hand sucks dick. Fuck you Bioware.
>>
File: mdk.jpg (63KB, 470x284px) Image search: [Google]
mdk.jpg
63KB, 470x284px
Nice soundtrack, AMAZING graphics at the time, and pretty fun gameplay... What a great game this was!
>>
>>4087027
What's wrong with the second? Max levels are a hoot.
>>
>>4088583
For me it has the same issue as Saints Row 3 and Serious Sam 2.
The previous games were pretty serious settings sprinkled with absurd humor as extreme contrast which make those things even funnier while their sequels overdo it with the wackiness which makes it less fun and more annoying.
>>
This actually looks kind of interesting. What engine?
>>
>>4089080
it's the very special engine made and tailored just for MDK. it even had it's own programming language. in fact neversoft had to rewrite everything just to make it fit on Playstation

shame there's no SDK for it or no source code.
>>
>>4087027
>>4089069
MDK2 was awesome. Might not have been as good as MDK, but it's still a good game in its own right.
>>
So is MDK more arena shooter or are we talking about an actual storyline?
>>
>>4089241
MDK1 had little story, go into the minecrawler and take out the one piloting it. MDK2 on the other hand had more of a story and expanded upon more of why the aliens were invading.
>>
>>4089241
Neither actually. You just go in and shoot shit. Pretty fun game though.
>>
>>4086997
>dat final video
>>
>>4090350
What's the deal with that? Why is a French person screaming in my ear?
>>
My all time favorite PC game right here. I wish I could go back to that first time I played the demo.
>>
File: 1483584116116.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1483584116116.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
boring game with abstract art/humor

Pro-tip: turn on auto-run and circle strafe while auto aim kills everything in front of you.
>>
>>4090518

Fuck you.
>>
It's just awkward how the character just jogs in the center and the world rotates around him.
>>
>>4087030
The city levels have excellent art direction. I love all of those mirror panels reflecting the sky, or space, or what ever it was.
>>
If I wanted to play 2, which version should I choose, DC, PS2, original PC, or HD?
>>
>>4093394
PC original, HD textures are horrible.
>>
>>4093394
>>4093409
Oh almost forgot, on the HD release they also completely fucked up the music, in the original game, the music was dynamic, meaning it would play different parts depending on what happened, seamlessly. HD release just stops and plays another song (some don't even loop).
>>
>>4086997
i was obsessed for this game back in the day, just by the look and the cover box art, but i never actually played too much becuase my pc could not run it =(
>>
>>4093394
I love the DC version and I also had the PC version, however I remember the original PC version had some bugs that ended up killing me that weren't in the DC version.
>>
>>4093429

>Oh almost forgot, on the HD release they also completely fucked up...

This describes every HD re-release I have ever witnessed.
>>
I loved it as a kid but I'm scared of replaying it. Does it hold up?
>>
>>4094107
Just play it, both games are still as great as when they first came out
>>
i have it on ps1 and its ok. PC is obviously (form what i gather) better. Sometimes the ps1 version is a bit of a chore for me in terms of game progression. i beat a mission then quit.
>>
>>4093394
I beat the DC version. Pretty fun, but don't play it if you're too used to modern console shooters and don't have the DC keyboard. You move with abxy and use the LEFT stick to aim.

I personally didn't play any Dreamcast shooter while growing up and still adapted just fine, but I know a lot of people just screams AGEEED every time they face those kind of mechanics and don't even bother trying.
>>
How's the GOG release?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.