[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst retro Konami developed game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: konami.jpg (19KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
konami.jpg
19KB, 480x361px
What is the worst retro Konami developed game?
>>
File: top-gun-usa-rev-a.png (294KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
top-gun-usa-rev-a.png
294KB, 360x500px
Top Gun gets a lot of hate, but considering what it tried to achieve using the (very) limited resources, it's not that bad of a game in execution.

Some people don't like it. They probably shouldn't play it.
>>
>>4086307
That's middle select music was awesome tho.
>>
>>4086274
I think my vote is either Bayou Billy or CV2
>>
>>4086307
F-15 Strike Eagle was a more impressive game if you ask me.
>>
>>4086348
CV2 gameplay is fine, it's only cryptic because of the bad translaton. Bloodlines is much worse.
>>
File: mcboxf.jpg (36KB, 287x404px) Image search: [Google]
mcboxf.jpg
36KB, 287x404px
>>4086348
>Bayou Billy

Play Mad City instead of the butchered garbage they shat on the west
>>
File: (you).jpg (52KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
52KB, 400x300px
>>4086372
>Bloodlines is much worse
>>
>>4086372
>Bloodlines is much worse.
Fuck you, Castlevania 2 is absolutely garbage for the simple fact that you always respawn in the same place you die, making it a braindead challenge, and that's without counting the shit bosses and dungeons.
>>
>>4086274
The arcade version of Turtles in Time. Everyone only remembers that game fondly because the SNES version wasn't garbage.
>>
Cabbage Patch Kids for the MSX. Look that shit up!
>>
>>4086526
What makes the arcade version "garbage" compared to the SNES one to you? Just because it misses a few levels and bosses? It still has smooth animation and the controls feel even better with it than on SNES. I also hate that first Shredder encounter in the SNES version because everytime I play that on hard, those god damn footage always evade me so I can't throw them to the screen[/spoiler.]

>>4086274
The NES version of Metal Gear is IMO the worst: it's still better than a lot of NES games but the localisation was terrible and that doesn't help at all in a dialogue heavy franchise like MG. The first TMNT is also disappointing because it feels rushed at many fronts, especially compared to later Turtles games. Castlevania II however is actually pretty good but people just like to parrot the Nerd or think they're cool by bashing it.
>>
>>4086554
Not him but the arcade versions of Turtles in time plays like shit and has an awful combat system, the SNES was revamped with better hit detection, combo system ala Final fight and the such.
>>
>>4086554
>Castlevania II however is actually pretty good but people just like to parrot the Nerd or think they're cool by bashing it.
Or maybe other people just don't have shit tastes like you, see >>4086454
>>
>>4086454
>>4086582
To be fair, you're on a time limit in CV2 and dying causes loss of hearts. Can't defend the bosses/dungeons though.
>>
>>4086598
>dying causes loss of hearts
And those can be recovered in what, 5-10 min of boring grinding.

>time limit
Nigga I play the game because I want to have fun, not to see some silly "good ending" they took 10 minutes to make. It's obvious they took the idea from metroid but they forgot to make the game fun to play and remotely challenging
>>
>>4086353
>F-15 Strike Eagle
Are we talking about the NES port in particular?
That was 5 years later, they had access to much cheaper/larger ROM chips and mappers. Never played it, but it seems to go for a more realistic simulation approach, while Top Gun certainly is more on the arcade side. Still I'd prefer Top Gun, the graphics in Strike Eagle look jerky and awkward in comparison.

Super Strike Eagle looks pretty rad though.
>>
>>4086372
>it's only cryptic because of the bad translaton
Not even. The original Japanese has guys who outright lie to you or give you vague or conflicting hints.
>>
>>4086274
Castlevania: The Adventure on Game Boy is widely regarded as universally the worst Castlevania game, it's borderline unplayable

They also did some pretty lame sports games that nobody would dream of playing today
>>
File: Maria_Transparent[1].png (390KB, 994x955px) Image search: [Google]
Maria_Transparent[1].png
390KB, 994x955px
>>4086741
I dunno, I liked it.
It's pretty good for an early Game Boy title, good music too. I'd put it mid tier, along Circle of the Moon and higher than Super Castlevania IV, if you see what I mean.
There's a lot of bad Castlevania anyways, maybe more than good ones.
>>
Their generic, style-over-substance arcade beat 'em ups.
>>
>>4086895
It is pretty slow though
>>
Midnight Run 2 on the PlayStation
>>
>>4087119
It does suffer from noticeable slowdowns, mostly when getting hit.
Which is a bad idea, you don't want that to happen.
To accomodate its modest lenght, the game is a bit much of the "easy, but punishing" kind, difficulty-wise, which drags it down most people's opinion, I think..
>>
>>4086454
There's a bunch of reasons to hate Castlevania 2, but this is the strangest one I've heard so far.
>>
>>4087314
Really? It was the worst flaw for me even if the game is already not that good. If the game doesn't care about your mistakes and gives you a pass to beat it playing like shit there is 0 thrill to the game and feels more like work. Super Metroid and Sotn while not hard games at least had proper checkpoint so the sense of thrill is danger is still there, the concept of punishement for dying is always there.
>>
>>4086454
Yes, a braindead challenge. It's not like there's an in game time that is ticking and gives you an ending that depends on the time you're getting for it.
>>4086582
>shit taste like you

You never played Castlevania 2, did you? Or is this some kind of elaborate way to bait people?
>>
>>4087449
>muh time limit ending
see >>4086654 plus an optional timer for some trivial ending change doesn't change the bad design
>>
>>4086372
>Bloodlines is much worse

Holy shit, how mentally retarded someone can be?
>>
>>4086274
Contra for PS1
>>
>>4089034
Doesn't count, since that was outsourced to the Amigavania guys.
>>
File: 1464555930046.png (426KB, 646x749px) Image search: [Google]
1464555930046.png
426KB, 646x749px
>>4086348
>>4086393
Bayou Billy and Mad City are both pretty mediocre, but I prefer the version where the girlfriend wears hot pants.
>>
>>4086274
Mission Impossible on NES had great music, but it was a mess of a game.
>>
>>4086274
Castlevania serie: Simon's Quest
Contra serie: Contra Force
Gradius serie: Gradius III Arcade
Goemon serie: the 3D one on playstation
>>
>>4089684
>Gradius III Arcade
Just because you are a pleb? the game has issues but still is pretty solid
>>
>>4089689
The game is buggy, rushed piece of shit.

It is pretty good on SNES though, besides the lag.
>>
>>4089693
t. fag who can't pass stage 3 so needs to play the pleb port
>>
MSX Salamander
people actually finished that shit
>>
>>4089672
I played through it last year, actually it wasn't that bad. A bit unforgiving at points, but if you master the mechanics and learn to use you different characters to their fullest extent it's still challenging, but actually fun and very playable.

I've seen worse.
>>
>>4086274
Suikoden 1 and 2
>>
>>4086327
THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNznPEN3u-I
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.