[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is All-stars 3 better than the original?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 3allstars.png (281KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
3allstars.png
281KB, 480x361px
Is All-stars 3 better than the original?
>>
I prefer the original but being able to save is nice
>>
>>4086124
Anon, use the warp whistles. It's what they're actually there for.
>>
The gba port is better
>>
All Stars always seemed weird to me, even as a kid I grew up with the originals and was a bit perturbed to see such a dramatic overhaul

All stars is a nice compilation collection similar to the GBA series remakes (recommended)

The original NES sound chip is godtier and there is literally nothing else like it
>>
File: captcha.png (22KB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
22KB, 400x535px
>>4086198
You are going to emulate anyway.
>>
>>4086257
What's the point of that image?
>>
>>4086239
HOO HOO, JUST WHAT I NEEDED
>>
>>4086120
I like the original more because it's just more impressive that the NES was able to contain a game so big.
>>
>>4086120
The original has better aesthetics. All Stars made a lot of the wacky abtract stuff look boring.
>>
>>4086120
Original is better for me but it could be nostalgia
>>
>>4086120

How do you like percussion?
>>
ORIGINAL JAPANESE VERSION OR KILL YOURSELF
>>
It's close.
It definitely got the best treatment of the 4 games.
I just wish they didn't import those weak ass sound effects from Super Mario World.
>>
>>4086120
JAPANESE ORIGINAL GAME ALPHA. All other versions are complete trash.
>>
>>4087869
>ORIGINAL JAPANESE VERSION
Not a bad suggestion. It has one or two special effects that were removed from other versions and the one less hit point makes the game a smidge bit harder. It also has some unique glitches if you're into that.

>OR KILL YOURSELF
Nah
>>
I prefer All-Stars but mostly for the same reason as most people in this thread for their choice, I grew up with it. Also has the best underwater theme of a 2D Mario game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiSzgfOLZY
>>
I prefered the SNES version, the NES original had this strange flicker on the far right of the screen when it scrolled. I always found that annoying.
>>
Only the original workprint version is worth playing.
>>
>>4088234
Oh man, this brings back so many memories
>>
>>4087995
>>4088291
Step aside plebs

I only play it with the purest original design documents and schematics with original temp music in the background.
>>
>>4086120
They destroyed the backdrop aesthetics.

All-Stars a shit.
>>
>>4088380
any screenshots to illustrate this? only played all-stars so im keen to see what i missed
>>
File: SMA4 SNES palette.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
SMA4 SNES palette.png
3KB, 240x160px
Out of pure nostalgia, I prefer the original. But i fully acknowledge that the SNES remake is better.

The definitive way to play, in my opinion, is to play the GBA port with several ROM hacks installed:
>no voices
>original colors
>Will U VirtualConsole content

The original SNES color palette is present in the game itself, and is applied when playing on the Game Boy Player, so if you've got one then you don't need the patch. Unfortunately, there's no way to manually toggle this on Gameboy Advance systems, which is a real let down since the game released with the SP model anyway.
The VirtualConsole patch adds in all of the e-Reader levels, including the ones that never got released (finishing the previously unfinished game mode), which is a HUGE amount of content. I'm sure most people here probably disagree, but I'll gladly trade the additional 64 pixels of vertical resolution on the SNES for more than double the original content.
>>
File: smb3_sky.png (1KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
smb3_sky.png
1KB, 256x240px
>>4088487
I believe he meant this, in the original game, sometimes you can see some transparent illustrations of the different powerups in there, just as a decoration, for some reason they are nowhere to be seen on the remake.
They also changed a few other things, I believe the iconic onion-like clouds were also removed.
The backgrounds on All-Stars version are still good looking, and add a lot of details that weren't on the original, but I wish they would have kept these little details from the original, they are iconic.
>>
>>4088537
>Wii U VC Content
>Not just downloading the VC dump
I mean yeah, if you want to make that overly complicated.
>>
>>4088582
It's easier to find the patch and a clean base rom than it is to find the dumped wii u rom, but the result is the same.
>>
>>4086275
GOTCHA
>>
File: luigi evolution.png (39KB, 92x286px) Image search: [Google]
luigi evolution.png
39KB, 92x286px
>>4086120
One thing I like the of mario all-stars is how they gave luigi a new and better sprite. In the original mario world he was just a mario reksin and then in all-stars they gave luigi the sprite he's known for today. They slightly changed it for the GBA version.
>>
>>4088693
HA!
>>
>>4086120
Graphics are better, cleaner, more colorful. The music, on the other hand, isn't quite as good. I know the SNES sound chip can do better, I'd like to see someone do a better job than Nintendo at remastering the soundtrack.
>>
Do you guys notice any lag when playing All-stars vs the originals? I do. Hopefully its just the emulation, but I'm sure someone else knows.
>>
>>4089669
It must be the emulation or your TV, I don't experience any lag on the real hardware/CRT.
>>
>>4088582
did the Wii U version have extra content?
>>
>>4089801
The GBA version on Wii U has all e-reader content
>>
>>4086120
I've never heard of a game called all stars 3.
>>
>>4088032
>It has one or two special effects that were removed from other versions
Oh? Do tell. I'm always interested in useless videogame factoids!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.