[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

panzer dragoon saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20170626_145451_275.jpg (471KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_145451_275.jpg
471KB, 1536x1536px
Once again this game shows up here, i bought my usa copy for 600. I feel like i paid too much but other copies complete are reaching the 800 mark. Is this game going to continue to skyrocket or what? Im really hoping its price plateaus soon because its getting crazy.
>>
>>4085271
Paying 600 for that is just retarted.
>>
>>4085273
I agree, but i got a ins check recently and i had 2k left over to spend on whatever and this was a once in a lifetime purchace. I was hoping it would be like 350-400 dollars but with all this recent sega hype old saturn stuff got more expensive. Every day people are waking up to panzer dragoon and since there is no way to buy the game digitally or emulate it, i figured it was time to finally get it before it becomes stupid expensive
>>
It's a legitimately rare great game and its source is lost so no source ports, hd remasters or any of that shit is going to happen. I probably should have kept both my copies.
>>
>>4085284
Yeah once i heard the guardian dragon theme, i was sold. Ive watched this game climb over the past 3 years and i wish i picked up a copy when it was 250. Shit by next year the game is gonna hit 1k for used copies. But i also picked up pseudo saturn and the jpn versions of the first two. I also played the shit out of orta and that game got me into the series. I wish more people knew aboutvthe game instead of me saying "oh never heard of panzer dragoon, its like starfox but with a dragon". After that people dont seem to care lol
>>
File: IMG_4823.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4823.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4085281
>No way to emulate it
That's just a lie anon
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>4085281
>
>>
>>4085341
What sorcery is this, backups?
>>
>>4085371
It's a rhea that I purchased.
It replaces the cd drive with a sd card reader, allowing me to own the entire Saturn library for less than 1/4th of what you paid for the single game
Google gdemu to read more
>>
>>4085376
I got pseudo saturn to play imports and backup discs just in case i want to pirate everything but having a og copy of pds is nice as well. I got my rgb scart and hdmi converter in the mail currently. Been picking up some jpn titles as well. Rockman 8 is starting to climb up too. But Etsy sells reproduction games like policenaughts translated in english too that im looking very forward too
>>
>>4085340
>that dirt
please clean that anon
>>
>>4085386
Dont worry the game case has another case on top of it
>>
>>4085384
Nice anon. I got my snatcher repro from there
>>
>>4085389
Oh sweet, ive heard good things about that game. Good shit anon
>>
>>4085386
I'm too busy playing elevator action returns and hyper duel
Maybe next week
>>
>>4085281
>i paid an amount of money that's important to me for a meme game and justify it because i can't figure out how to play it otherwise despite it being no secret
There's one born every minute.
>>
>>4085271
At the end of the day it's the only RPG to go up against FF7 and arguably beat it. You can hate both games but that fact remains. It will go up in price but it will also plateau.

The game itself is excellent. Great gameplay that's different, 10/10 OST, neat characters, and a good story that gets a bit weird at the end. The only con I have is there is really cryptically hidden shit to get 100%. I bought and sold this game 5 times now and each time I made money. I think I'm done for now because spending $680 was already full retard for me the last time I bought it.
>>
>>4085281

no way to emulate it

what? I emulated PDS in mednafen
>>
>>4085281
It emulates fine I believe. If you just wanted to play the game it would've been worthwhile to take 2 minutes and find out. There's a lot you could've spent that money on that would be better than that plastic disc
>>
>>4085772
mednafen it's fairly well crafted..
>>
>>4085828

>uses ellipses

maybe its because I don't have a toaster, but the game ran great
>>
>>4085281
i have this game since 98 but the first time i beat it was on SSF
>>
>>4085271
U can burn the game very easily with 5 minutes of Google searching

I don't own any actual Sega Saturn games
I bought 100 pack of verbatim CDRs and jewel cases

Same for Dreamcast and Sega CD

We have hundreds of great shoot em ups RPGs and the like , I care more about actually playing than collecting
I can see why you purchased the game though, I have many CiB games that I loved as kid
Acquiring them all is taking very long as I'm not a millionaire
>>
>>4085936
But how many (You)s are you going to get by starting a thread about that?
>>
>>4085936
How can you burn Saturn games without having a modchipped saturn?
>>
>>4085271
I saw one for sale for 200 Euros yesterday at a 2nd hand shop, but didnt buy it

Should I have bought it?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-035344.jpg (692KB, 1439x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-035344.jpg
692KB, 1439x1671px
>>4086138
All of them anon, ALL of them

Get an action replay cart off eBay (single best investment ive ever made in terms of retro gaming gear)

"Pseudo Saturn"

You can even do Japan imports on an American console

Think of all the Japanese only shoot em ups

That alone is worth the entry price

God-tier
>>
>>4086136
Still a shit-ton, as panzer dragoon saga is some of the best the Saturn had to offer & has a ridiculous cult following that carries on to this day( despite being released on a flopped console +somewhat obscure)
>>
>>4086160
I got the action replay for my PS1, and totally agree. Burned games galore for all the ones I can't afford. Plus playing all these Japan only games, so worth it. Don't have to mod the console or anything.
>>
>>4086160
Can this be done with an European Saturn as well?
>>
>>4086192
I don't see why not, the thing is Euro consoles use PAL frequency and NTSC games will appear fucked up on the TV (and vice versa, I play PAL games in America it's all grey or sometimes no picture at all)

It's not really a region lockout but more of a frequency issue

Being PAL region must be suffering, so many good games never make out there
(Japan gets all the best shit but atleast Americans can import without issue)

TLDR; the games will play , the TV will need to be adjusted or replaced
>>
File: 1374407567018.gif (1MB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
1374407567018.gif
1MB, 500x713px
>>4086172
Mfw I've been doing the disk swap method with a copy of tomb raider to save $20 on the action replay disk
>>
>>4086160
Forgot to mention that it also functions as a maxed out ram expansion pack / memory card as well (required for some games)
>>
File: 00000000.png (264KB, 704x448px)
00000000.png
264KB, 704x448px
>>4085281
>no way to emulate it

I did a full playthrough on an emulators TEN years ago.
>>
>>4086256
Never had that happen when i played NTSC games on my other consoles (like Dreamcast)

Then again i think my TV suppoers both PAL and NTSC (everytime i load a NTSC game it says its displaying in NTSC, and when i load a PAL game it says it loads in PAL)

Hmm, might try it if i can one day get my hands on a Saturn Action Replay thanks anon-kun
>>
>>4086258
How does the disk swap method work?
>>
>>4086258
It's not a disc, it's a hardware attachment that connects in the parallel port. Also I bought it when I was a kid for $9
>>
>>4086310
No worries
>TV supports both PAL and NTSC
I want your tv

>>4086312
I use a ps2 slim and swap disks during the browser menu (check YouTube it's very easy)
It's model dependent apparently though so verify before attempting
Basically:
> turn on console with tray open
>Insert ps1 official disk (any game)
>Insert tape or plastic into sensor so it thinks it's closed
>Highlight disk in browser but don't click
>Swap for burned game (carefully)
>Start game

>>4086314
They're expensive now
I don't have my ps1 fat anymore so unfortunately it's not an option for me

+The money can go towards other consoles instead which is always nice
>>
Sometimes I feel like I overpaid for Azel at 500 yen.
>>
>>4086343
Yeah, it's good, but compared to some other 500 yen Saturn games, not that good.
>>
>>4085281
You can come up with as many excuses as you want but it's still retarded.
>>
>bought a Saturn to collect cool games and have new experiences
>games are fucking awesome but really expensive
>tfw having fun using Pseudo Saturn but no collection to show off
>>
>>4086261
I thought flashing it with Pseudo removed it's other functions?
>>
>>4086338
does disk swap work with out of region games as well?
>>
>>4086338
>TV Supports both PAL and NTSC
yea i was surpised as well when it did this, didnt know it was possible

It is a flatscreen tho, but old enough to have connections for old consoles and modern enough for HDMI to play new consoles

Some people might not like /vr/ stuff on a flat tv but I like the convienence that eveything i seem to hook up to this thing just works
>>
>>4086338
>I want your tv

... literally every European TV made in the past 20 years can do that.
>>
>>4086506
Only removes save backup functions.
It was unreliable compared to official backup cartridge though, you should use it anyway.
>>
>>4086160
Wait a second. Are you telling me I don't have to do the swap trick anymore? Do you have a link to a guide?
>>
>>4085376
>>4085384
I never got into things like Sega CD or Saturn becuase they were prohibitively expensive. Maybe now that there's an alternative I'll give it a go.
>>
>>4086338
>I want your tv
I'm pretty sure burgerland is the only place this isn't standard. I've lived all over Europe and Asia and it is. Even when I was in the states I had a multi system TV because RGB, movies on tape a year earlier, etc.
>>
>>4087192
For Sega CD you can just burn the games and they'll work, no copy protection.
Also, if you're poor like me, look for a Sega CD model 2 that won't turn on. 99% of the time you just need to replace the fuse and it'll work.
>>
File: file_2.png (552KB, 720x720px)
file_2.png
552KB, 720x720px
>>4087295
>>4087054
I have outed myself as a burger
>>
>>4087174
Guide? I just boot the system normally with pseudo Saturn on an action replay cart from eBay

It's literally plug and play bb
>>
>>4087405
Just got it set up actually. brb cooming.
>>
>>4087401
>I have outed myself as someone who leaves footprints on the toilet seat
>>
File: Canada_Leaf.png (44KB, 706x834px) Image search: [Google]
Canada_Leaf.png
44KB, 706x834px
>>4087518
Kekked audibly
>>
>>4086580
On ps1? I don't this so but don't quote me on it

I know that scpn-bios is different for each region
>>
>>4085281
>Every day people are waking up to panzer dragoon and since there is no way to buy the game digitally or emulate it
>What is yabause?
>What is mednafen?

Now Panzer Dragoon Orta is a different story and you can blame Reddit for that.
>>
>>4090578
>you can blame Reddit for that

What did they do this time?
>>
>>4090657
Some kid on r/pcmasterrace stripped an original Xbox dev kit of all it's parts and made a rig out of it, which he could have bought 4 times over if he had just sold the damn thing. And to make it even more Reddit, he formatted the hard drive in the dev kit wen he couldn't mount it to his computer, so noone knows what possible Xbox documentation could've been on the drive beforehand. Even though this happened in late 2016, it still pisses me off to no end because the Xbox console itself is going to die within the next 20 years and there still aren't any emulators for it nor any ports of games like Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi ( 1 and 2), Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Gunvalkyrie, meaning that these games will be unplayable at this rate come 2037. Shit like this and pic related is why I hate Redditors so much: they care too much about fucking internet points to see that they are making an obviously bad decision
>>
>>4090776
Why will xboxes die in the coming years?
>>
>>4090776
Well you can still play orta on 360 at least...
>>
>>4092660
The same reason any appliance eventually dies.
>>
>>4085281
>no way to buy the game digitally or emulate it
What rock are you living under?
>>4092660
>>4093778
Moreso with the xbox because the build quality and components are so poor.
>>
>>4093778
meanwhile all my 20/30 year old electronic devices and consoles still work
>>
>>4095157
How many times did you have to fix your cartridge based systems?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.