[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he threw away the box and manual of his SNES games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1496875914420.png (298KB, 464x411px) Image search: [Google]
1496875914420.png
298KB, 464x411px
>he threw away the box and manual of his SNES games
>>
>>4084502
Can you play cardboard?
>>
>>4084525
>can you play plastic cases?
>no
>so I threw away the cases of all my PS1 games

Defend this.
>>
>>4084546
just put them in a binder!
>>
>>4084550
>lose the binder
>all the games you paid for are gone

I would only use that for CD-Rs when travelling.
>>
>>4084502
I kept a few. OoT and Chrono Trigger mostly.

Unfortunately, I kept them in a box in my closet, and my moms old as fuck cat pissed in there and fucking ruined them.

The reality is that these things were for kids, and no matter how well you took care of your stuff, you were still a kid, and shit was just beyond your control.
>>
>>4084502
The manuals are available online and the box is literally a fucking box. What are you trying to say here? Do you keep the packaging from other things you buy?
>>
>>4084546
I can't see the connection, sorry.

PlayStation cases protect the disc and manual, as do the cases Sega helpfully provided for all their home systems. Nintendo boxes of the cartridge era are literally garbage.
>>
>>4084502
The boxes, I can completely understand. I did the same for the majority of my games. But manuals? That's just retarded.

Then again, I am apparently one of the rare individuals that treat my possessions with care and have never lost a jewel case for a CD/DVD as long as I've lived. The thought of people selling Playstation/Dreamcast/whatever games as disc-only is similarly baffling and beyond my comprehension.
>>
>>4084789
It's not your usual cardboard packaging, there is carefully designed artwork on it. Why do you throw away pieces of art?
>>
File: 1316121208436.gif (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1316121208436.gif
49KB, 320x240px
>>4084918
>pieces of art

Fuck me...
>>
File: smug.jpg (95KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
95KB, 724x720px
>>4084918
>Why do you throw away pieces of art?
>>
>>4084991
>>4085079
>Can you play cardboard?
>>
File: 1407641433374.jpg (42KB, 662x509px) Image search: [Google]
1407641433374.jpg
42KB, 662x509px
>mfw my dad works in the dump and I have all of you asshole's boxes and manuals
Thanks, nerds.
>>
>>4085528
Is this the tier directly below "My dad works at Nintendo?"
>>
Still got mah manuals
>>
File: 1498528973995.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1498528973995.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>4085616
>>
I was born in 91 and grew up with the genesis. I kept all my boxes because most of them were hard plastic. Got a Gameboy color when Pokémon Yellow came out and threw all the GB boxes away because I was young. I didn't start keeping cardboard boxes until Kingdom Heart CoM came out. Not retro, but I wanted to keep all my KH games looking nice, and that's what sparked me to keep all the GBA boxes after that. I wish I could go back and kick myself for throwing everything away. Now I have bookshelves with a ton of loose cartridges that could have been boxed.
>>
In my circles when I was a kid, having the box and manual certified a game as a "legit" store-bought copy which was a cool rarity since we all had mostly 2nd hand carts we traded around. I never threw anything away, not a single piece of paper that came inside a game's box, all those ads pamphlets and stuff, I kept it all safe.
>>
>>4084502

I have ADD, and I'm pretty sure both of my parents did too. There was no keeping anything not durable or objectively needed and useful in the house, it would get ripped and torn anyway or wind up as clutter.
>>
>>4084558
>losing a heavy ass 1.5ft binder

reminds me of all those consoles that slipped through my fingers as a lad.
>>
>>4085736
to be fair, it was just cardboard and a manual that told you how to jump in super mario world. it's basically already garbage, it's not surprising that anyone would throw it away.
>>
>>4085731
do you STILL have them tho?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.