[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sports thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: 80812-forside.jpg (74KB, 580x821px) Image search: [Google]
80812-forside.jpg
74KB, 580x821px
Let's have a thread dedicated to discussion of sports games, mostly those that do not belong to any successful franchise (like FIFA, Madden, NBA Action and so on), yet are still worth playing. Tell us about your experiences or recommend some gems.

I'll start with Actua Soccer 3. Pretty solid title which is fast paced, has intuitive controls and a friendly learning curve - perfect thing to grab if you have someone to play with, but don't want to spend hours on learning fancy trick combinations or are not into detailed football tactics.
>>
File: Vr_logo.png (67KB, 577x599px) Image search: [Google]
Vr_logo.png
67KB, 577x599px
Incidentally, we are getting close to the Summer Cup 2017 - soccer competition played between the boards where each board prepares a team that represents their culture in form of customized players, sport kits and music. Event is played on heavily modified version of PES in AI vs AI coach mode and streamed live, so fans can watch and root for their favourite teams. /vr/ competes in this tourney since 2013 and still fights for that one and only title of champion.

When deciding on things like player names or music used as anthems or goalhorns, board input is the most important factor. If you want to learn a little bit more or share your opinions about the things we should use, please spare a few minutes of your time on voting in this poll:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeai56or272t_19qMKPtb-HI_lRv35eEVGSSKD1xcDfLgK2Pg/viewform?usp=sf_link

/vr/ will play the first match of this season on July 28 or 29, depending on the group and opponents we will draw. We value the feedback from the fanbase above everything else, and every vote and voice counts!
>>
File: Not_sarcastiball.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sarcastiball.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>4082974
I learned the rules of American Football from playing Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES same with basketball through NBA Jam. Now I am avid fan of those sports in my country.

At this time I am not a fan of the ice hockey sport and don't want much to do with it, but maybe through the sheer fun (if the games are fun) of the games, maybe I'll gain an appreciation for the sport. I decided somewhat recently to see if I can replicate my learning experience with ice hockey. So I got NHL '94 on the SegaCD also grabbed NHL'14 on PS3 because it was $2USD, and I'm considering NES Blades of Steel or Nintendo's own Ice Hockey or even Wayne Gretsky's 3D Hockey on N64. Hope to find some fun in those games.
>>
Sensible World of Soccer has been quite a comfortable game to play/run simulations with.

>>4082976
With the Metroid remake announced I've delved back into playing the original title on Game Boy, really hoping to see Samus take the pitch and dawn the Varia Suit. Was very impressed with how the elite cup performance went.

>>4083081
Tecmo Bowl was what first got me interested in watching real American football. I wish it had come out a bit later to have included the expansion team that I root for. Really amazing at how fluid it plays with a standard D-Pad.
>>
File: 19832000.png (460KB, 1109x798px) Image search: [Google]
19832000.png
460KB, 1109x798px
I fucking lost way too many hours to Blades of Steel and Pro Wrestling on NES It's not even funny, but NBA Hang Time for the Nintendo 64 will forever remain the peak of sport games.

>>4082976
I agree with >>4083172 I'd like to see something special for samus to celebrate that the franchise is not dead yet
>>
>ctrl+f "mutant"
>0 results
>>
>>4083081
Handwritten Note-anon isn't in the US?
>>
My favorite sport games is the nes one that you could play with the mat
>>
File: Sports_thread_exclusive.jpg (810KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Sports_thread_exclusive.jpg
810KB, 2592x1944px
Shhh, don't tell anyone, I am hoping that sports threads can scare away others to not notice the image.

>>4083172
Yeah, I got Tecmo Super Bowl for NES and SNES, but I feel the NES one controls so much better. Sure the SNES has the QB sneak button, but I feel it plays a bit slower than the NES game (could just be my imagination). I also prefer the NES sounds. The games were a great introduction to the sport for me too.

>>4083687
I kept borrowing NES Pro Wrestling from my cousin's friend. Even with a limited roster and moveset, it's still plenty of fun. I swear I think I wore out the rubber membranes of my NES controllers with the game. Rented the Tecmo Pro Wrestling game a lot too.

>>4083721
Just because you asked nicely, lower left corner here. Not sure if you can ctrl+f it though.

>>4083725
It is not always the case. At one time Canada and another time Japan. Just because you noticed my last image, took a new one just now I am running out of sports games for this thread to take a picture of, but I think I can still can find some /vr/ ones, just limiting myself now
>>
>>4083081
>NBA jam Sega CD
Oh hell yes

We seriously have played the shit out of that game

I've been trying to get ahold of the 32x version for awhile
>>
File: nba-showtime-nba-on-nbc-usa[2].jpg (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nba-showtime-nba-on-nbc-usa[2].jpg
187KB, 600x600px
One of the best multiplayer games ever
>>
File: jhgjgkhg.png (518KB, 890x670px) Image search: [Google]
jhgjgkhg.png
518KB, 890x670px
Rate my team.
>>
>>4084082
>batustita

oh god the old glory days of unlicenced winning eleven.
>>
>>4083081
NBA Jam on the PS1 is actually really fucking rare. Right now there's only one listing on eBay with no pictures from a goodwill for $80. I've been looking for a cheap complete copy for a while now
>>
>>4083172
>>4083687
We will try to organize a full body model for Samus then, assuming she'll be voted into important spot on the team.

There is one more thing I wanted to ask about: aside from our regular anthem and goalhorns, sometimes we use special ones that should be fitting depending on opponents we face. This includes things like Silver Surfer NES theme when facing /co/, Rad Racer or Mario Kart when playing /o/ and so on. If you have any nice suggestions on retro tunes we could use against specific boards, please post them in poll, or in this thread.
>>
>>4083081
>I learned the rules of American Football from playing Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES same with basketball through NBA Jam.

How appropriate. I've learned baseball rules or at least the basics, I guess playing the old Baseball game in a Famicom clone. Never got into football though.

>>4084082
>>4084086
I really liked how the names from ISS were carried on the next games even though the players were obviously different people (much like Allejo was Bebeto in Deluxe and Ronaldo in 64, and so on)
>>
Sports games are as lame as racing games.
>>
Does NFL Blitz 2000 hold up? I havent played it in maybe 15 years but I have fond memories of it.
>>4082976
Why that kirby song? It should be something from superstar saga.
>>
>>4082974
Duck Hunt
Skeet Shoot (Tiger LCD)
Pheasants Forever Wingshooter
Big Buck Hunter
Big Buck Hunter: Shooter's Challenge
Big Buck Hunter II: Sportsman's Paradise
Big Buck Hunter: Call of the Wild
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Big Buck Safari
Big Buck Hunter Pro: Open Season
Big Buck World
Big Buck Safari: Outback
Big Buck HD
The Black Bass (NES)
Super Black Bass
Bassin's Black Bass
Super Black Bass 3
The Blue Marlin
Fishing Derby
Fishing Resort
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Bass Fishing 2
Sega Bass Fishing Duel
Sega Marine Fishing
Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
R.B.I. Baseball
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
NBA Jam
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
NBA Hangtime
Nekketsu Street Basket Ganbare Dunk Heroes
Super Dodge Ball
Magic Darts
Tsuppari Oozumo
Tsuppari Oozumo - Heiseiban
Tsuppari Oozumou - Risshinshusse Hen
Oozumou Tamashii
Super Oozumou Netsusen Daiichiban
Wakataka Oozumou - Yume no Kyodai Taiketsu
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl II
Tecmo Super Bowl III
NFL Blitz
NFL Blitz 99
NFL Blitz 2000 Gold Edition
NFL Blitz Special Edition
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Mini Putt (NES)
NES Open Tournament Golf
Golf (arcade)
Neo Turf Masters
Irem Skins Game
League Bowling
Super Bowling (SNES)
Championship Bowling (Genesis)
Super Spike V'Ball
Side Pocket
Minnesota Fats: Pool Legend
Ice Hockey (NES)
Blades of Steel
Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koronde Dai Rantou
Nintendo World Cup
>>
File: strhoop.png (12KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
strhoop.png
12KB, 304x224px
Step aside NBA Jam, actual GOAT basketball game coming through.
>>
>>4083172
>Sensible World of Soccer

I will never stop coming back to this
>>
>>4085914
Honestly, we've got a lot of different suggestions for Kirby's goalhorn, mostly with only one vote on them and we had to pick something for the sake of formality. In fact, we've used different goalhorn for every game we've played so far (including Gourmet Race and Revenge of the Meta Knight from Super Star), so expect Kirby to be sort of wild card there.
>>
Who else unironically enjoyed World Cup Italia '90?

It was my first game on Mega Drive, along with Super Hang-On and Columns on that amazing 3-in-1 cartridge.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.