[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Net Yaroze Paradox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: net_yaroze.gif (60KB, 389x260px) Image search: [Google]
net_yaroze.gif
60KB, 389x260px
Some people remember this black version of the PlayStation, which has the specificity to allow to program PS1 games at a reasonable cost.
And I talk about it because for a few years the indie scene has regularly released games to the style and gameplay 8-16-32 bits. Even today it even happens that they are published on Megadrive/Genesis, Super Nintendo or Dreamcast ... but nothing on Playstation?!?!
While the latter had reached the 105 millions copies, the PS2 157 millions, and the PS3 86 millions.

Either in the world close to 348 millions machines can read games in formats Playstation !!!!

Even by eliminating the dead machines and casuals that wanks it remains a huge potential and probably superior to the current Nintendo and M$ consoles.
Pier Solar was released on Dreamcast with 11 millions consoles and never a PS1 version was considered.

Apart from the fact that the console is a torture for programmers I see no other explanation
>>
ITT: Mandela Effect :>)
>>
Exist homebrew for playstation come to mind at the moment like 3-4 games.

But the main problem is copyright Sega is dead Sony no.
>>
>>4081895
>Apart from the fact that the console is a torture for programmers I see no other explanation
That really is the explanation. If you are going to make a 3D game at the PS1's level or better, you might as well just do it in a modern engine with modern tools, rather than trying to deal with the particulars and limitations of the PS1. The only reason to bother making a game through the PS1's devkit is specifically to make a game that works on the PS1, and there is no demand.
>>
>>4081994
Yet today Pier Solar is published on Dreamcast. This game or other 2D game are also doable on PS1.
The PS1 is not just 3D.
>>
>>4082106
Well, Pier Solar was a Genesis/MD game first, but there's a perfectly good reason dreamcast has a more active homebrew scene: almost all dreamcast consoles can run homebrew from a CD-R with no modifications. PSX modchips are extremely common in come regions, but they are not universal.
>>
>>4082106
You can actually publish DC games because you can make them selfboot.

Not as easy to release a Playstation or a Saturn game when they need a modchip installed to even run.
>>
>>4082134
Exactly
>>
>>4081895
Yeah I know.
Why doesn't Artemio use Net Yaroze to release the 240p test suite for PS1?
Then you could calibrate your TV with PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP.
>>
yeah seriously. if this machine allows you to create ps1 games, why haven't some awesome indie bootlegs surfaced in recent years?
>>
>>4081895
>Apart from the fact that the console is a torture for programmers I see no other explanation

This. If I want to make games I will make them on PC. Then I can use whatever language, IDE, tools, etc. I want for free, instead of using outdated tools that cost lots of money with very little documentation. I have had some interest in this topic in the past, but there's no way to make a bootable game that will run without a modchip anyway for me in the United States.
>>
>>4082134
It's possible to make a self-boot PSX disc, but it needs to be professionally pressed since the DRM data is in a normally unreadable section of the disc.
>>
>>4081895
>>4082379
No optical disk access was a big limitation.
>>
>>4082379
The games can only be played on other net yaroze consoles, so it's relatively useless.
>>
>>4082432
Seems like someone should just sell blank CD-Rs with the security code pre-pressed into the unreadable section. They would be cheap so you could just buy hundreds of them.
>>
File: 1484937242953.jpg (80KB, 450x562px) Image search: [Google]
1484937242953.jpg
80KB, 450x562px
>>4082147
FUCKING WHY?!
please someone do this
>>
>>4081897
Mandela was an old South African not an underage huefag like OP and 90% of the posters ITT.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.