[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just heard about these games today. Looking for some quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Pocky-and-Rocky-boxart-300x219.jpg (83KB, 299x438px) Image search: [Google]
Pocky-and-Rocky-boxart-300x219.jpg
83KB, 299x438px
I just heard about these games today. Looking for some quick opinions on them.
>>
Both great, have fun.
>>
>>4081780
>>Pocky and Rocky
Great multiplayer game for the SNES, challenging and lovely sprites, graphics and music. Feels like an actual arcade game and a rare case of the home console version being better than the arcade original it's based on. In this case it's actually a remake as the original came out half a decade before. Highly reccomened, avoid the sequel however. Totally inferior game and feels like a rushed cash grab.

>>Smash TV

SNES version is totally gimped compared to the original arcade release. Personally I wouldn't play it.
>>
>>4081789

If you think the SNES version is bad, try playing it on the Mega Drive.

Don't listen to him OP, if you haven't played the arcade version to compare it to, then the SNES Smash TV is still a great game. Extremely difficult though and I'll freely admit I suck at it.
>>
In Pocky Rocky you shoot the direction your character is facing.
In Smash TV you use the 4 face buttons to shoot in each direction like a pseudo twin-stick shooter.
>>
>>4081804
>If you think the SNES version is bad, try playing it on the Mega Drive.
On a three button controller, how does it even work?
>>
>>4081804
>and I'll freely admit I suck at it.
thus why your opinion is garbage and carries no weight.
>>
>>4081780
I just got into Pocky and Rocky two or so weeks ago. I've been playing a game or two a night. It has a really nice learning curve, and is a good challenge. I think it's a gem.

Smash TV is a blast too.
>>
Pocky & Rocky has superior japanese shooting design. Smash TV is good silly fun tho, if a bit repetitive
>>
>>4081807
A shoots in the direction you're facing, B shoots in the reverse direction, C holds the direction you're facing while strafing.
>>
Smash TV is too long and repetitive.
>>
never played super smash but rocky and pocky is a fun-ass game.
>>
Is the US version okay? I heard some things got changed
>>
>>4081826
in the US version, Sayo is known as Pocky and Manuke is known as Rocky the Raccoon. The ofuda tags have been changed to magic cards and the oharai wand is now called a magic stick. At least it's better than the European release, where all of the cutscenes were deleted entirely.
>>
Both games are great. SNES Smash TV is by far the best home port of that game. Some people prefer it to the arcade game.
>>
>>4081813
Damn that sounds like a huge learning curve
>>
>>4081780
Pocky and Rocky is great, one of my favs on SNES.
>>
>>4081780
Fucking absolutely fantastic 10/10 games. Don't listen to this guy: >>4081789
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.