[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Quest for Acceptable Lag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0325.jpg (424KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.jpg
424KB, 900x506px
Not everyone wants to strictly play original consoles with a CRT. What LCD monitor are or Tv's offer the least amount of lag? Does PSP or 3DS have lag when emulating? Is the amount of lag caused by emulators acceptable?
>>
>>4081205
Even if you don't, it's not the correct way. Might as well make it grey or play it upside down.
>>
Just use lag compensation on retroarch.
>>
>>4081273
Wtf is that?
>>
>>4081310
Lag compensation options were added on the lastest build. Solving the lag problem has been one of the main priorities for a while.
>>
>>4081314

Fucking awesome
>>
>>4081273
>>4081314
Do you kids not understand how LCD latency works? No magical software can change that.
>>
>>4081205
You have to be really shitty at video games to have trouble with lag in emulators, it's hardly noticeable (if not even noticeable to your average person unless you tell them) if you have a decent, modern monitor.
>>
>>4081876

Different emulators have different amounts of lag. Also, the same emulator will have different amounts of lag on different systems. An emulator will have more lag while running on a Pi than on a computer.
>>
>>4081205
I have a 144Hz 1ms monitor, it's pretty no ice.
I'm assuming you're still working with the assumption that everything has 8ms lag and are 60Hz max like 10 years ago. Things have improved.
>>
>>4081205
With accepting of HDTVs, which are crazy laggy, LCD monitors have very little lag now (4-10ms). Your bigger problem will be emulators themselves. The lag on the emulators are so high that it's still measured in frames. https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2019/an-input-lag-investigation

I don't have a source for this, but handheld devices like PSP and 3DS fair better because they state-check the input instead of waiting for device polling. Either way though, we're a long was off from real time emulation.
>>
>>4081205

Christ, just use a CRT.

You can get a VGA tube-monitor for peanuts anywhere these days, and a scanline-generator will run you twenty bucks (if you don't feel like telling your video card to make native scanlines using the 240p @ 120Hz trick).
>>
File: ipac[1].jpg (47KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
ipac[1].jpg
47KB, 500x276px
If you want to get a jump on lag reduction, check out what the shmup scene does with mame and has been doing for a while. Even if you're not building/converting a cab you can still benefit from their recommendations on low-lag panels and nobody ever talks about using the ps/2 port to eliminate the USB polling lag Anon was talking about. Even new-new PCs have PS/2 ports still right? Is it because most Anons don't want to build/convert/use even (?) arcade sticks? Neo Geo pads are pretty comfy. A person could probably trace-solder direct inputs from any pad they wanted bad enough.
>>
>>4081945

>> Just use a crt

Yeah, fuck that
>>
>>4081384
thats obviously a retrocraparch shill
>>
>>4082289
Nah Man squarepusher developed a technology that can read the players mind and register his inputs BEFORE he inputs them.
>>
>>4081876
>>4082298

Class of 2017
>>
>>4081205
I have a Sony W705 series which has 13.5ms of lag (just a bit less than one frame), the lowest recorded lag for a HDTV by the hdtvtest website:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl42w705b-201402233639.htm

I use a Framemeister though which adds about 1.5 frames of lag so all in all I'm getting about 0.0385s/38.5ms of lag or about 2.31 frames. I've got an OSSC on order though so that should remove the lag at the scaler end.
>>
>>4082418
Only /v/ still believes in that myth.
>>
>>4081927
lowest lag on monitors is around 9ms

https://displaylag.com/display-database/
>>
>>4084087

>> Thinks anyone besides neets and man children give a fuck about CRT's
>>
>>4084490

That's pretty pedo and weird there faggot gramps
>>
>>4081273
You mean Frame Delay? That helps with lag caused by vsync but not lag from a slow display.
>>
>>4084490
This picture has negative sex appeal, my penis just went concave, thanks a lot.
>>
>>4082235

Fine; enjoy your lag, youngster.
>>
a chinese player recently got a WR in DDP DOJ on a fucking online emulator with tons of lag.
>>
>>4088081

Lol, crts suck compared to lcds. There's no competition
>>
>>4088195
More like tons of slowdown.
>>
>>4081885
no it won't that has to be the most retarded bullshit I have ever heard.
>>
>>4091101

Nes emulators have been tested and found to have less lag than snes emulators. Also, go run snes on a Pi zero and then a PC and tell me there's no lag faggot
>>
>>4091141
>pi zero
there is your fucking problem retard. you're trying to run it on underpowered hardware. a pi 2 or 3 will be just as responsive as a pc retarded child
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>4085410
>>4088070
I rest on your face
>>
>>4084104
>tfw my monitor is among the best at 11ms
but I still use a CRT cause fuck LCD for gaming
>>
>>4091169

I'm not using a Pi zero Fag bag. I'm spoon feeding you knowledge to cure you of some of your stupidity
>>
>>4091529
no you're not you're attempting to spoonfeed dank /vr/ memes and Im not buying it for a second. a Pi powerful enough to run a snes emulator is going to be just as responsive as a pc emulator, just because a pi is smaller doesnt change the fact that its a computer too and the 2 and 3 have more than enough power to run those emulators.
>>
>>4091206
Now how DID you know those eggs were rotten?
>>
>>4081205
>Not everyone wants
Yes they do. I want a min 20" CRT that weighs a few ounces and folds up so I can stick it in my pocket so I can play on the road. If you claim you don't also want this you're a lying sack of shit.

>>4084490
Concept art for when you finish your rape dungeon?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.