[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is this????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170624-172358.jpg (2MB, 1339x1873px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170624-172358.jpg
2MB, 1339x1873px
Was this sold separately or did it come with the gold cartridge back in the day?

>Had the game, was underage so it was purchased for me and opened for me (probably 2nd hand)

I recently got the itch to repurchase some old games CiB and now I'm wondering if my shits even complete

Help me /vr/ you're my only hope
>>
>>4078654
no, that was something separate you could order from nintendo power.

The game did come with a foldout world map on one side and a few dungeon maps on the other though.
>>
>>4078654
Was the Triforce made of cheese?
>>
File: 1471739948005.jpg (702KB, 1024x5316px) Image search: [Google]
1471739948005.jpg
702KB, 1024x5316px
>>4078663
Thank Christ, it's $40+ on eBay and I have the map, foam, and manual already (acquired all separately)

What's nice is the first final fantasy had a bunch of nice maps/inserts as well making it worth the CiB price imo

>>4078673
>Confirmed as Muenster in the early 90s by iwata himself
Since the thread has been answered (love u guys) we can bump with some recommendations NES/snes/ Sega CD ECT

Or a mod can prune me...

>Pic not related but proof /vp/ used to be hilarious and good
>>
>>4078663
I mean, it's a nice book but I literally don't collect any of them & find it hard to justify buying a $50 piece of paper when I could snag an entire home console instead (coleco, Atari, pong units, ECT)
>>
File: 20161104_150146.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161104_150146.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Btw I got rid of this TV and replaced it with a 32+ inch CRT Panasonic due to the upscaling looking completely horrendous & making the Mario series literally unplayable
>>
>>4078704
That's pretty bad looking.
I'm new to /vr/ but I just download all the old games on the virtual console. Is that blasphemy here?
I don't have the space to collect all the old games.
Years ago, I tried...but it got so expensive
>>
File: image.png (447KB, 1267x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447KB, 1267x707px
>>4078719
If you like the darker colors over thevreal thing. Plus my pic doesn't count the crt scanlines.

The nes mini has a crt filter.

Anyway there's sound, input lag, controller lag when you use emulators.
>>
>>4078741
The darker colors are closer to how it would look on a CRT contemporary to the game. LCD displays make images tuned for CRTs look more saturated than intended. Nintendo probably applied that filter to tone down the oversaturated colors for the LCD displays of today.
>>
File: 275453.gif (204KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
275453.gif
204KB, 460x459px
>>4078775
The adjustment had to be made, as those colors tuned to that level of vibrancy will fuck up lcd displays with burn in

Especially static images for several hours at a time

>>4078719
I know what you mean
Collecting retro games is crazy expensive
Just be patient , hunt locally, buy stuff in "lots"
It takes years to build a godtier collection

Mines finally getting stacked -
I'd say go for a shit ton of consoles loose instead of boxed games

Loose carts, everdrives, ECT
>Pic not related again
I could never game in the car id get motion sickness so bad I'd vomit
Also NO ONE played Gameboy in the fucking dark as its literally impossible

Worm lights were all we had
(I used a small flashlight with a AA battery in it at night in bed
>>
>>4078775
>>4079424

Snes and Gameboy advance aren't darkened. Its more to do with flashing and peoples eyes. They also edited most games to not flash much or tone down rapid strobes.
>>
>>4078741
The sky is supposed to be pale blue
>>
>>4080028
That's because rapid flashing makes a persistence-of-vision effect on a CRT, while it's just annoying on modern displays. It's not some PC bullshit about epilepsy or whatever, the way some would have you believe.
>>
>>4080034
The creator of Mario said bright blue sky. But the tv is different.

>>4080086

Except nintendo was sued many times.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=8399.0

Then forced to change.
>>
>>4080119
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExU2Hnb_qPc

Also more cases where people died or deathly ill.
>>
>>4080119
>>4080132
That stuff was hyped up, but is not the reason for the change. Flashing screens just don't look good. They were going to vanish anyway.
>>
>>4080134
The same edited roms are used for nes mini and still it has a faux crt mode.

People with epilepsy in usa sue too much, so it's natural.
>>
>>4080132
Anybody here know anyone who had a seizure from a game?
>>
>>4082034
It's a thing, my cousin has them quite often (not really from gaming too much)

Remember the Porygon episode that got Pokemon into a bunch of hot water in the 90s?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.