[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ps1 Cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: r905POB.jpg (44KB, 457x418px) Image search: [Google]
r905POB.jpg
44KB, 457x418px
How are you supposed to keep these fuckers from getting cracked. Every one I own is fucked up in someway and I can't find any that are in mint condition. PS1 Cases are fucking trash holy shit
>>
>>4077362
By not being a retard or brown.
>>
>>4077362
PSX cases are tough as shit. What the hell are you talking about. Just don't be a retard with them goddamn.
>>
>>4077409
>cd cases
>tough as shit
lol, cd cases are the definition of cheap.
>>
Are you a fucking retard or something?
>>
File: RUlrn7N.jpg (16KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
RUlrn7N.jpg
16KB, 600x400px
>>4077362
What does it matter when they're just standard CD jewel cases anyway? You can literally get them brand new pretty much anywhere.

Spare a thought for us euros who got proprietary cases which are long since unavailable NOS at anything approaching reasonable prices.
>>
>>4077459
Did murkins not get the thicker cases?
>>
just replace the case
>>
>>4077465
Nope.

Yet they still whine rather than just cannibalising the nearest Billy Ray Cyrus album for its case.
>>
Check out super jewel cases, they've got rounded edges but don't break literrally ever
>>
>>4077362
At least those are easily replaced. Sega CD/Saturn/early PS1 longbox cases were pretty much glass and there is no replacement for them aside from cannibalizing another game. The supply of unbroken cases is always shrinking as well. Also, PAL Dreamcast games had proprietary cases and are in the same boat.
>>
>>4077521
That's odd. Japs got the thick cases, PAL got the thick cases. Why didn't murkins?

Is it maybe 'cause PAL games needed manuals with 50 different languages in them?
>>
>>4077587
we got better aesthetics to make up for the fact the games are PAL
>>
I've kept my playstation games in something similar to pic related and they're still as pristine as the day I took them out of the shrinkwrap. Don't blame the jewel case for the fact that you're incapable of properly taking care of your shit.
>>
>>4077459
>not clear on spine
not proper anymouse
>>
People that crack their cases open them like gorillas. They open them using counterforce on the hinge to do all the work, this makes the plastic flex as the weakest points (face where no edges are or the spindle pips breaking the hinge itself).

Open them as a hinged object, not an object with a lid you animals.
>>
Are you retarded? I'm so sick of morons like you making it so all the games I buy are shit. The ones I have from back in the day are fine.
>>
>>4077868
What the hell are you prattling on about?
>>
>>4077969
He's talking about the black disk tray in that picture. I guess he doesn't know that you can get clear replacements too.
>>
>>4078018
Every single one of my original cases has a black tray though.

They're better anyway because the clear ones shatter just like the lid and back do.
>>
What are you guys bitching about. The sega CD/Saturn cases were worse.
you look at those the wrong way and theyll explode
>>
I hate the thin jewel cases where the inner tray flips up and has another disc on the back, the hinges on those fuckers are weak as shit. Also what was with all the single disc ps1 games that have a double thick case? Metal Gear Solid and Suikoden come to mind.
>>
>>4078226
MGS had three discs though
>>
>>4077362
You can seriously get a fucking case, thats dozens of them for less than 50 cents a peice.
>>
GBA boxed were nice. i took out the games, put them in those little thick plastic cases i bought somewhere and stored them in a shoebox, meanwhile carefully putting the boxes away separately. they're in pristine condition somewhere up in the attic. if i ever decide to sell my stuff, i'll make bank. euro FF5 and FF6 in near mint-condition sells for 100 euro and up
>>
>>4078230
Ok, I was wrong about it being single disc but mine only has two discs. Legend of Legaia is another example of a single disc game packaged in a double case for no apparent reason.
>>
>>4078221
American cases are clear, which is why no one here is agreeing with you.
>>
>>4078316
They're also standard CD jewel cases so completely different in every way...
>>
>>4077868
There were a few games which officially came with the opaque spines. I have a copy of South Park Chef's Luv Shack like that, for example.
>>
>>4078226
As far as I know, the only games that did the inner flip tray were Capcom games. Dino Crisis with a Resident Evil 3 Demo, RE 3 with a Dino Crisis demo, the Strider 1 & 2 pack, and Tronne Bonne with MM Legends 2 demo.

As for the double disc cases, I think it has to do with manual thickness. If it's too thick, then it can't fin under the tabs of a normal jewel case. From my collection Alundra 1 & 2, Elemental Gearbolt, Hoshigami, Legend of Legaia, Ogre Battle, Persona 1 & 2, Suikoden 1, Tactics Ogre, and Vandal Hears all have thick manuals and only one disk, but are in double disc cases. Some games like Gran Turismo had two manuals and only one disc requiring a bigger case.

>>4078230
MGS only had 2 discs. The US version did anyway. Did Europe get a version that included the VR missions disc as well?
>>
>>4078446
Persona 2 had a second disc, senpai

It was an interview with Cozy and Kaneko and some behind the scenes footage.
>>
>>4078446
Ok, the manual thickness explanation makes sense I guess.
>>
File: 100_4126.jpg (809KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
100_4126.jpg
809KB, 3000x2250px
>>4078490
My bad. I was going off what it said on the spine. P2 says 1 Disc. I guess they didn't count the bonus disc. Carnage Heart is the same way. It says 1 disc on the spine, but it is actually 2 discs and 2 manuals.
>>
>>4077362
My solution is to just not let tards play with them.
>>
File: P3200006.jpg (4MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
P3200006.jpg
4MB, 4288x3216px
>>4077362
>mfw when Americans think keeping standard jewel case is hard you need to look at PAL ps1 and dreamcast cases then get back to me
>>
>>4077465
>murkins
Learn English faggot. Americans.
>>
>>4079065
>Fluctuations in sizes
Stop it, this is triggering me.
>>
>>4079065
No offense, but you have shit taste in games.
>>
>>4078446
Those thicker manuals can get kinda fucked up at the edges from sliding in & out of those 5 mm semicircle tabs, even if you're consistently careful to not let pages get snagged. In retrospect it would probably be better to keep the manual outside the case for active games.

I don't have case exteriors crack so often as interior implements, such as the disk fasteners, or the aforementioned tabs used to hold the manual.
>>
>>4079065
It's not our fault you europoors have a dozen retarded languages to put into your manuals.
>>
>>4079065
what a weirdly eclectic collection, to put it nicely
>>
>>4078446
In Europe Metal Gear Solid was released in a double cd case, and in addition to the two game discs there was a silent hill demo. VR Missions was released as a standalone product titled 'Special Missions' that required you to own the base game and oddly was packaged in a double case despite consisting of only 1 disc.

Now in Japan MGS was released first with a Suikoden II demo included, and later rereleased as 'Metal Gear Solid Integral' with a VR missions disc but without the demo disc.
>>
>>4079065
i think you have excellent choice in games sir
>>
>>4079065
Beyblade is honestly pretty fun
>>
File: getting off .gif (2MB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
getting off .gif
2MB, 350x235px
>>4077660
I used one that was like a drawer and I still have my PS1 opener. It's just a CD plastic slider thing with a razor inside that you slide across the top to open the plastic but it's pretty sweet.

>mfw opening the plastic wrap on brand new PS1 jewel cases back in the day
>>
>>4077362
Don't drop them.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.