[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best SNES?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: pa.3993.4.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pa.3993.4.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
Best SNES?
>>
File: 220px-Oxidized-snes.jpg (7KB, 220x155px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Oxidized-snes.jpg
7KB, 220x155px
>>4077298
The coffee stained lookin one
>>
File: Super Famicom.jpg (53KB, 1200x624px) Image search: [Google]
Super Famicom.jpg
53KB, 1200x624px
>>4077367
This. This is a sign that your console is a 2-CHIP, which means it has less glitches on some games than a later 1-CHIP console, but 1-CHIP consoles have better RGB video than 2-CHIP consoles, so take your pick.
I prefer the 2-CHIP any day.

But you posted the wrong model, anon.
>>
>>4077393
those models can be 2-chip or 1-chip. And my understanding is that overall, 1-chip is an upgrade due to the better RGB picture. I'll stand corrected though.

I have a 2-chip SNES, but it's PAL :(
>>
>>4077431
They said that yellowed consoles are more likely to be 2-CHIP but there are some yellowed 1-CHIP consoles and vice versa.
I just like 2CHIP consoles better because it's the only one with 100% accuracy, and the 1CHIP consoles have some glitches on some games which are otherwise not present on 2CHIP consoles.
>>
>>4077434
Is there a list that documents which games glitch out? Very curious here, if the glitchy games don't matter to me then I'll go for 1-chip
>>
>>4077436
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=46303
It's usually 1-pixel junk on the very top of the screen but on some cases, it's more severe.
Soul Blazer apparently has a borked soundtrack when played on a 1CHIP, and some of the Super FX games like Star Fox and Doom run even slower on a 1CHIP compared to a 2CHIP.
>>
>>4077393
>>4077434
>1chip SNES glitchy games
This shit again? Thought this shit was done last year...
>>4077436
The games he's talking about are glitchy with anything. He's talking about the list from that emulator guy who has a serious hard one for original snes and hate boner for 1 chips.
>>
>>4077441
there's a chance I'd be occasionally gaming on a HDTV with an OSSC. The games I'm most likely to play are include Mario, Donkey Kong, Squaresoft, Capcom.
So you're saying 1chip is still the way to go?
>>
>>4077446
I've owned every model of SNES available in America. 1 chip or not it's not much of a difference. You need them side by side to see the difference. The SNES JR is a pile of shit though. Games will freeze and glitch out if you walk by it since the carts aren't supported well.

It's a hobby. By them and see for yourself. The mod is easy.
>>
>>4077449
just came across the following thread, the sixth comment provides interesting insight on 2-chip vs 1-chip
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?245275-SNES-RGB
>>
>>4077464
Mostly bullshit. There are so many weird glitches with SNES games. It's just like with NES games.
>>
>>4077464
Nice.
Now I finally know the real reason why I don't care much for the 1CHIP consoles.
>>
2-chip Super Famicom with RGB bypass mod.
>>
>>4077480
>RGB bypass mod on 2CHIP Super Famicom
The smoother RGB output of the 2CHIP Super Famicom is actually intentional.
You're screwing it up if you do an RGB bypass, it's also screwed up on a 1CHIP.
>>
pic from retrorgb
so left and middle are two diffferent kinds of 2-chip. Personally I don;t like the one on the left, but middle looks good.
Now how do I tell what kind of 2-chip model I have on my PAL SNES?

The other question is, if I stick with my 2-chip PAL SNES and mod it for 60Hz with SuperCIC, will it be a true 60Hz or will it have glitches of its own?

>>4077480
what on earth does that do?
>>
File: Untitled.png (334KB, 831x413px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
334KB, 831x413px
>>4077546
forgot pic
>>
>>4077547
SHVC-CPU-01 looks best to my eyes.
That's also how the developers intended since the 1CHIP consoles are just stripped-down budget versions which were made to cut manufacturing costs.
>>
>>4077547
If you're using a Framemeister you can use sharpening level 1 or 2 to make your 2-Chip look as sharp as the SNES mini. If you boost the sharpening any more you'll probably get visual artifacts but there's no need to go beyond level 2 anyway.
>>
>>4077570
thanks, good to know. Which reminds me they supposedly go back on sale in a few days. Would an OSSC preserve the original look?
>>
>>4077574
I have no idea about the OSSC I'm afraid but reading through this it doesn't appear that the OSSC has any post-processing beyond scanlines and an overscan mask:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC
>>
The design of the mini seems a bit bland to me. Are there any examples of cool paint jobs for them?
>>
>>4077393
>buying a jp console because of autism and claiming it's better
I think I'm gonna be sick.
>>
>>4079328
There are both American, Japanese and European 1CHIP and 2CHIP consoles, but the design of the Super Famicom is better to my eye and is more sleek, unlike the US Super NES.

But according to byuu, the SHVC-CPU-01 is the best 2CHIP around, and it's only available in Japan.

I am also fluent in Japanese so I have no issues with playing on a Super Famicom with Japanese games.
>>
>>4079335
>SHVC-CPU-01 is the best 2CHIP around
I wasn't aware if this, thanks,
So I guess that means my old SNES is probably the CPU-GPM-02 version, which has more blur than I would like. Perhaps I could get a Super Famicom and do a shell swap with my SNES
>>
>>4079335
>>4079361
what i meant to say is that I wasn't aware it was Japan only
>>
The best SNES is an SNES that functions and can play video games.
>>
>>4077393
I love that model's look.
>>
>>4077547
reminder that that site is full of shit.
>>
repair thread is dead if anyone can give me some insight on this >>4083546
>>
>>4077367
None of my super Nintendos ever looked like this

I don't understand what's happening to other peoples consoles , u might wanna keep it out of direct sunlight and avoid using it as an ashtray

I mean a little fading is one thing but Jesus Christ it's like a gore/guts thread looking at these on eBay nowadays
>>
>>4084023
The SNES at my Grandma's place is starting to look like this and they keep it in their rarely used game room out of the light, and nobody in the house is a smoker, I think that they just yellow over time.
>>
>>4083718
Is the vertical line a problem with the SNES? I get a weird vertical line when I play my snes on HDTVs. I only notice is on black backgrounds too.
>>
>>4077367
My childhood system looks like this. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of game time. I always thought heat was to blame for the discoloration?
>>
>>4084948
Heat is definitely a significant contributing factor.

I have a few PlayStations which have yellowed only around the power supply voltage regulators and nowhere else.
>>
>>4084715
Some do, some don't it seems...
The community needs to figure out why

I'm legitimately confused as to why this is a thing, maybe it's humidity or something
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.