[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ys series nes and snes version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ys-iii-wanderers-from-ys-usa.png (268KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
ys-iii-wanderers-from-ys-usa.png
268KB, 475x347px
>>
Not even Japanese care about Nintendo Ys.
>>
>>4076861
What, I had no idea Ys was released on NES and SNES.
>>
>>4076861
True suffering is Ys 1 on Master System
>ARON
>R
>O
>N
>>
>>4077715
what about the nes version?
>>
>>4079757
I never played 3 on the NES, but I recall emulating 1 & 2 with English patches waaaaay back in the late 90's. They were both fun as fuck and the NES version of those OSTs are still my favorite versions.

I played the shit out of 3 on the SNES, and it was my 1st Ys game. I rented it several times from West Coast Video in the early-mid 90s, and enjoyed starting over and playing to the end each time. The FM synth in the Genesis version is superior to the SNES one, but reminds me too much of Phantasy Star and just feels wrong as a result. Of course, the best Ys 3 OST is again the NES one, and I still love to listen to it. The NES version of Redmont Town being my favorite overall. Shame how they ruined that track in Oath, which was otherwise very good...
>>
>>4077092
I knew about SNES. I guess NES was only in Japan.
>>
>>4077090
Why?
>>
Ys 3 is the only localized one on a Nintendo console that's even worth playing and I still prefer the Genesis version but I also have a preference for side scrolling so Dragon Slayer over Ys in general. How is Ys V? I downloaded it when the translation came out but I haven't played it.
>>
>>4084606
It's fun and short. Mediocre but enjoyable. The magic system is neat, too.
>>
>>4085085
EXPLAIN
>>
>>4084606
It has 0 difficulty whatsoever. Story is good, gameplay is trash, music is okay, but doesn't belong in an Ys game.
>>
>>4087127
If you're asking me to explain how magic works, my response is that playing it and discovering it for yourself is way more fun. Also, it's really the only reason to play Ys V. Because unlike other Falcom games, the music is nothing special and the rest of it is so generic as to be unrelated to the series.
>>
>>4084606
but there are patchs
>>
Y's 3 wasn't meant to be an Y's game. That's why it's so different than the other's. I recommend playing 1,2 and 4 on the PCE, TG16 or Wii. The Y's titles on the Famicom are really stressful on the ears (same with SMS Y's). Y's 3 is ok on the SNES though.
>>
>>4088715
>Y's
It's Ys
>>
>>4076861
I remember having a NES and SNES, but always seeing the amazing looking games the PC-Engine/TurboGrafx-16 would have. In particular the wonderful game with the nekkid goddesses, Ys Books 1&2, caught my eye, then images of Ys 3 also were impressive. I had the first EGM which had the Master System Ys in it too, but didn't really give much notice to it, I think I was more impressed by that first issue's coverage of Mystic Defender more for the SMS.. I knew I couldn't afford a TurboGrafx with CD-ROM, so this SNES port of Ys 3 was rented from Blockbuster Video. I even remember during that rental, I found a place where enemies will respawn and found a way to keep the attack button pressed, and I went away for luch to come back to a well leveled character. It was a pretty fun first experience of a first impression to the series.

I saved up and got bundle of a TurboDuo and TurboExpress with a large amount of quality games, including the pack-in Ys books 1&2, and it was all worth it. Was very cheap for all the stuff as it was just before the Dreamcast launch, yet still I loved every moment playing the Ys games on the TurboDuo. The games not only are good, but the game discs have probably been in my CD-players for more hours than I had spent playing them, because the PCE songs on 1-4 are amazing.

This series is still one of my most favorite game series, but I am holding out for the PC release of 8. It looks wonderfully fast paced:
https://youtu.be/vdxSEys36kA.
>>
How do I beat Dark Fact in the GOG.com version of Ys I? It's 2hard4me
>>
It's pretty pathetic the master system didn't even get Ys 2

Ranking the versions of Ys 3

Turbo (PC Engine) CD>X68000>Genesis>SNES

PCE wins by default with incredible soundtrack and a reasonably difficult final boss. The final boss in all other versions is one cheap bastard. The scrolling sucks though

X68000 is like the Genny port but better colors

SNES has shit music and shit sprites, should've been way better
>>
File: h.png (214KB, 618x529px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
214KB, 618x529px
who here /hydlide/ ??
>>
>>4089564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxskwhpbLts
>>
>>4089547
Follow under him
>>
>>4089547
Chase his shadow. Don't make an X. Pray at your local church/shrine/mosque/whatever for tons of luck.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.