[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok who else is pissed that Bubsy came back and Earthworm Jim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: eh2.jpg (14KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
eh2.jpg
14KB, 200x231px
Ok who else is pissed that Bubsy came back and Earthworm Jim didn't get a game? Please say I'm not the only one..
>>
>>4074236
Bruh...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim_3D
>>
For Bubsy you can just slap together some random generic assets with zero art direction and call it a day that people will buy ~le shitty mascot meme game, while for Earthworm Jim you need to actually try, needs goid 2D artists and perhaps develop something better than the original games, or else people will notice the control isn't that tight and the hitboxes suck like in most western platformers.
>>
>>4074236
Earthworm Jim is famous for extremely creative and bizarre level and character designs, detailed and smooth animations, a very specific sense of humor, and fantastic music.

Bubsy is a fairly generic mascot platformer.

Which is easier to make?
>>
does anyone else wanna see a smash bros style fighter but all the characters are failed 90s mascots? Zool, Bubsy, Aero, Gex, Awesome Possum...the rights licensing would be a goddamn nightmare but it'd make a great party game. It'd be like having a Street Fighter where every character is Dan.
>>
>>4074825
>does anyone else wanna see a smash bros style fighter but all the characters are failed 90s mascots?
that sounds like the dumbest thing ev-
>It'd be like having a Street Fighter where every character is Dan.
i'm sold
>>
>>4074825
I'll be maining Karnov, Data East's Mario.
>>
>>4074825
Brutal 3 The Revenge of the Furriest
>>
>>4075017
What were they thinking, using a fat middle aged man as their mascot.
>>
Doug Tennaple is too busy fucking around with Nicktoons to do anything good anymore
>>
>>4075030
Congratulations!!
The End
>>
>>4074236
>Pissed that the modern game industry isn't shitting on the grave of an old game you like
Why though.
>>
>>4075058
He actually already tried reviving Neverhood and it ducking sucked. That was only two or three years ago
>>
>>4074236
what's the definitive way to play each Earthworm Jim game? I've heard each version has it's advantages (e.g. SNES has some extra graphical touches while lacking in the sound department).
I remember there was a remaster of sorts last gen but got the impression it was a lazy job
>>
The future new bubsy's game is a total ripoff of the new Giana's sisters.
I know it's the same people in charge of those game, but hell those 2 games totally looks alike, and they even used the same sound when you gather collectibles. They are really lazy developers.
>>
>>4075058
We don't need Doug in EWJ beyond his Jim designs. What we need is to keep away from the new game the guy who came up with EWJ2 non-platforming levels.
>>
>>4075198
Play Earthworm Jim Special Edition on Saturn/Win95
Then play EWJ2 on PSX until you get to the first puppy bounce level. Then quit the game, find a code to jump into ISO 9001 level and continue from there.
>>
>>4075243
*Sega CD, not Saturn sorry
>>
>>4074236
Earthworm Jim 2 was not very fun, outside of the salamander level
>>
>>4075246
is the snes version deal-breakingly bad?
>>
>>4075251
I kinda thought it was better than the first one. I don't like any of the first game's in-between levels. Liked the puppy catching, game show, Lorenzo's soil, the soundtrack and just everything about it.
>>
>>4074825
Gex wasn't a "failed" character. His games were popular. Crystal Dynamics was forced to abandon the series (and pretty much everything else) in favor of Tomb Raider.
>>
>>4075297
also wasn't his voice actor Phil Hartman? Who was murdered after the game came out?
>>
>>4075309
No, it was Dana Gould. He went on to write for The Simpsons. Hartman was a voice on The Simpsons, so there's a minor connection I guess.
>>
>>4075314
ah, I was thinking of Blasto.
>>
File: james_earthwormsworth.jpg (318KB, 612x696px) Image search: [Google]
james_earthwormsworth.jpg
318KB, 612x696px
>>4075058
His books are mostly pretty neat. Coincidentally though, one of the weakest has this secondary storyline about the main character wanting to break into the industry, and it kind of shows Tennapel's somewhat outdated idea of what game design is about. He's a fucking outstanding scenario/world/character design guy, but I'm guessing it would be better to keep him from actual project direction.

>>4075281
Nah; plays mostly the same, but it's missing a couple of levels. Best one is the Special Edition, but some of the visual improvements in the SNES version are pretty cool; it's worth checking out.
>>
>>4074236

I'm about as meh on Jim as I am Bubsy.

As a kid I rented the Genesis version of Earthworm Jim 2 and literally beat it without using a continue on my first try. No other game I played back then was that easy. So I lost interest in the series.
>>
>>4075357
Did you play on Difficult? EWJ games can get absurdly hard on that difficulty
>>
>>4075342
is it true the snes version stretches the image?
>>
>>4075376
Yes, due to the different resolution.
>>
>>4075357
>No other game I played back then was that easy.
So you never played Sonic 1 or Super Mario World? Also, just because they're easy doesn't automatically make it bad.
>>
File: 34k861jNh1r3gb6ao1_500.jpg (56KB, 500x615px) Image search: [Google]
34k861jNh1r3gb6ao1_500.jpg
56KB, 500x615px
>tfw I unironically enjoy Bubsy, and always have, way before it was a meme game.
No problems here.
>>
>>4075309
You're thinking of Blasto.
>>
File: Earthworm_Jim_GEN_ScreenShot3.gif (17KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Earthworm_Jim_GEN_ScreenShot3.gif
17KB, 256x224px
>>4074236
Earthworm Jim is like Ghostbusters. It was great, but the sequel proved that the idea really shouldn't be milked that much.

If there was an actual reboot, you would hate it. Just replay the original again and be happy it exists
>>
>>4075342
>one of the weakest has this secondary storyline about the main character wanting to break into the industry
Which book is this?
>>
>>4075813
I think EWJ2 is the better game. For one, I can actually beat it. Fuck you, Down the Tubes
>>
>>4076492
I know you rocked out to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nv9wRFZa-0
>>
>>4075662
The first Bubsy is actually pretty fun.
>>
>>4075918
That'd be "Power Up". Dude gets a mysterious 2nd generation-type console at a yard sale and the power-ups he collects in the game that comes with it he also gets IRL.

It's an OK read, nothing special and a bit too wholesome; careful though: there's a pretty triggering scene in which he hooks up the system to a modern LCD screen
>>
>>4076492
>Down the Tubes
I knew it would be that before highlighting. Shame about that level and how it sours people on a good game.
>>
File: ew.png (73KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
ew.png
73KB, 768x672px
>>4078097
It really isn't that bad. There's something about mildly challenging random vehicle levels in 90s platformers that really triggers people, isn't it.

I find Flying King in EWJ2 worse; it's not even hard, but it's so fucking annoying
>>
>>4078097
>>4076492
Maybe it's all the Ecco I've played but I don't even find down the tubes all that hard. You just have to get used to how the momentum works. Buttville is way way harder.
>>
>>4078156
>>4078163
I can pass it easily (not when I was a kid tho), I still feel bad for the filthy casuals. If it had been placed a few levels later, even, I think a lot of people would perceive the game differently.

What I really don't like are the bonus rounds. After the first two I get sick of them.
>>
You have to keep in mind most of these "casuals" at the time were fucking 10. You're bragging about being better than a child on a digital toy.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.