/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe Sonic Adventure is a good game or a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: TTjYy19.png (1013KB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
TTjYy19.png
1013KB, 1282x752px
Do you believe Sonic Adventure is a good game or a bad game?
>>
I still enjoy it, I play it like once a year or so. Emerald Coast gives me chills to this day.
>>
>>4073878
It's my favourite sonic game. Main reason is that the athmosphere for most of it is fantastic. It has a few bugs, but once you figure them out it plays very good.
>>
>>4073878
It's a mediocre game that aged horribly bad.
>>
>>4073898
>It's a mediocre game that aged horribly bad.
I could enjoy playing the game again, as I have done so many times over the years but I agree with this statement. It was mediocre even at the time but I loved it. I can still enjoy playing it but holy fuck, is it outdated.

That said, it still has better controls than Colors/Generations/whatever the fuck. The controls really went to shit since Heroes. Those games are unplayable but somehow get praised more than SA1/2.
>>
Once you get used to the controls and how the game plays, it's fun.

Adventure 2 is significantly easier to get into and enjoy, but both are fun.
>>
>>4073878
I haven't played it since it came out but I remember only liking the Sonic and E-102 levels.
>>
It's pretty bad, and sometimes the gameplay can be frustrating for all the wrong reasons. Still play it every once in a while.
>>
>>4073878
I don't think it's good, but I do think it's fun.
>>
I really don't like it at all. Since it was the only other game I had for a couple years (besides Soul Calibur) I tried really really hard but I just couldn't get myself to like it.

But I guess theres some "meme" going around and this is a controversial opinion now?
>>
>>4073898

This, its only interesting if you were 5 or so when you first played it.

So.. about 90% of /vr/ would love it.
>>
>>4073878
I still bust out my Dreamcast and play it every so often. I still really like it. Better than SA2/Heroes for sure though.
>>
File: 1437008244375-0.jpg (50KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1437008244375-0.jpg
50KB, 350x350px
>>4073878
Easily one of my favourite games of all time. The level of atmosphere and music are astounding, and I like each and every one of the gameplay styles. Far better than any Sonic game that came out this decade.
>>
very very bad

but still better than its sequel
>>
I won't say it's a good game, but I will say that I love it, and part of why I love it is because of all its weird bumps and snags. I think I actually like it more than 2.
>>
>>4073878
Never liked it, I remember playing it at a display kiosk when the DC was brand new, having been a sega kid with a love of the main 2d games. I thought it was shit even then.
>>
>>4073878
it's aight
>>
haven't played it but its pretty great, good retro feel, excellent soundtrack, decent story, decent gameplay
8/10
>>
It's pretty good, I like Adventure 2 a little more though
>>
>>4073898
>>4074071
Got it at launch when I was 9 and I can confirm this. Absolutely awful to play now.
>>
It's a good game, but only on the Dreamcast. The remakes ruined it.
>>
>>4073878
It's hard to say one way or another. The way I see it, SA1 is a big crazy experiment of a game. They were too ambitious, and while they did manage to implement a lot of content, delivering a half-dozen diverse game types, plus minigames and an overworld. As unpolished and unfocused as it is, I'm willing to forgive a lot because of how much heart went into making the first fully fledged 3D Sonic game.
SA2 on the other hand shows they didn't learn much. They amputated a lot (not a bad thing) and degraded what was left, with almost nothing in the way of new ideas.
>>
File: boomhauer.jpg (9KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
boomhauer.jpg
9KB, 200x240px
Nothing but a few decent levels, maybe just one decent level to showcase the Dreamcast and get us to buy it. It's not a good game. I spent about 2 seconds playing this when I got my DC back in the day and moved on quickly to cooler shit like Rayman 2, Soul Reaver, DoA2, Sword of the Berserk, and Skies of Arcadia. Of the stuff worth playing on Dreamcast Sonic Adventure should take about ten minutes of your time to go, woah that's cool it's like Sonic 1 and 2 in 3D except it only feels that way on the ocean stage.
>>
>>4073878
Really, really good. Played it for the first time months ago on DC. Game looks beautiful , soundtrack is amazing, although there can be glitches the characters feel good to control. Above all else it just feels so fucking ambitious and has so much charm that I can't say anything other than I loved it. That chaos boss fight after playing through all the storylines, with open your heart coming on in the background was amazing. Haven't felt like that playing a game in a long time and can't imagine what it was like for people back in 99. It's everything you could hope for 3D Sonic they went balls to the wall with it.
>>
Its good in some areas but other than that it aged pretty bad, and I think this game could really use a remake.
We could have had less playable characters as you only play as sonic for a small portion of the game, with tails being the only one close to match his gameplay style. The music is top notch as bad sonic soundtracks are pretty far in between. Story is alright but unsatisfying when it comes knuckles story.
>>
>>4073878
A mostly good one. It is the last 3D Sonic game I can say that about.
>>
>>4073878
Inconsistent but mostly fun. Sequel was a goddamn chore.
>>
A few good levels rehashed, and way, way too much filler to keep this from being a game you beat in a half an hour. Looking at you Amy and Big.

I gave it another go about a year ago, and I was really starting to hate it when it came time to do the time trial for Sky Deck. The combination of unpredictable physics, camera, and controls make some of those levels pretty fucking infuriating.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know, >>4074173's pic is from 'Summer of Sorceress, Summer of Amazon' by Uno Makoto hope you like dicks on girls
>>
>>4073878
>believe
Excellent choice of words summerfag. You would literally have to be a mindless cult member to care either way about this game.
>>
>>4073878
I believe half of it is a good game.
>>
>>4073878
I'd call it a good game, in spite of its flaws.
>>
File: Lampshade Skirt.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lampshade Skirt.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>4073878
>the Sphinx looked so cute I had to shave it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hGNAsTz0uU
>>
>>4073878
great game, but the sequel and every 3d game since sucked
>>
>>4074534

This. Fuck DX and the subsequent ports based off it.
>>
>>4074070
yeah now just criticizing sonic adventure will get you accused of being a gamegrumps fan
>>
Its the best they came to translating Sonic gameplay to 3D. If only they had stuck with it and refined it rather than reinventing the wheel every damn game. SA2 was a step backward and it was down hill from there
>>
>>4075574
2 was the game that made me consider the notion that maybe I didn't like Sonic anymore. I had been a hardcore fan since '91 and Adventure 2 was my breaking point.
>>
It's good regardless of how many retards don't want to learn the controls.
>>
>>4074541
>woah that's cool it's like Sonic 1 and 2 in 3D except it only feels that way on the ocean stage.
This. If the whole game ditched the shitty overworld and the massive amount of side characters with shitty alternate play styles, and was just a straightforward Sonic platformer it would be at least like an 8/10.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.