[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best way to play your favorites? I was thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Super Nintendo Collection.jpg (68KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
Super Nintendo Collection.jpg
68KB, 500x342px
Whats the best way to play your favorites? I was thinking of getting a raspberry pi and putting all my favorite shit on it. I can't afford 200$ games and being able to have them all available on one system makes sense to me.
>>
>>4073064
>dollar sign after the amount
Can you at least afford to put the dollar sign in the correct place?
>>
>>4073086
fuck yourself faggot
>>
>>4073086
the dollar sign coming before the amount is probably the dumbest language convention in existence
>>
>>4073090
Learn to use proper punctuation, retard.
>>
>>4073114
Not everyone is fucking american. In my area, it's normal to put the currency symbol afterwards. I know Americans are self centered morons and are oblivious to everything that isn't american. But at the least, don't comment on shit you don't understand.
>>
>>4073123
Where is your area?
>>
>>4073123
>uses UNITED STATES DOLLARY DOOS
>complains about americans
seems like we have a dumbass on our hands.
>>
>>4073064
I think a memeberry would be perfect for you. It'll keep you away from real hardware leaving that for people smart enough to want it and smart enough to not write 200$.
>>
>>4073064
a wii is 15 dollars
homebrew it
>>
nice thread guys
>>
>>4073086
Units should follow their corresponding values anyways. It's 200 dollars, not dollars 200. Also, why shit up a thread with something so trivial? Way to showcase your abrasive and khv personality.
>>
>>4073923
>>4074009
It's not like we don't have these threads every week.
>>
>>4073064
>Everyone has TopGear in their SNES collection except me

What is life
>>
I'm out a lot, so I put everything on my gcw zero. Only reason I like the gcw is because of it's ability to switch out doom wads and the many obscure emulators it has. I use the .jar emulator and the intellivision a lot
>>
>>4073123
The fuck is wrong you, retard?
>>
>>4073905
I'd love to chart /vr/'s price of Wii's.

It went from $30 to $20 and now to $15

Maybe if you buy the Wii unit by itself, but by the time you get cables, an IR bar, controllers (Wii Mote, Classic Controller, and Gamecube if you're playing it), and an external hard drive, you're looking at a lot more than $15.

The classic controllers alone are like $40 now.
>>4073064
OP, Raspberry Pi is a fine choice, but you could also just get a controller for your computer and use RetroArch.

The novelty of "real hardware" wears off very fast.
>>
>>4073165
KEK
>>
>>4074330
I can get complete a complete Wii for $10-$20 at the nearby thrift store regularly. Got a complete one for $10 recently, and a loose console for $4. I guess it depends on where you live.
>>
>>4074330
Got one for 35 eur a few weeks ago, wiimote+nunchuck, IR and cables(rca) included.
>>
>>4074330
>real hardware is a novelty
Sure is Summer here
>>
if you're playing retro games on an LCD you're doing it wrong.

Buy a real system, flash cart (if you dont want to buy all the games), and a PVM or even some used Sony CRT on craigslist

If you don't want to spend the money, then just stop and go play Overwatch or something, because you clearly don't care enough to even play these games to completion anyway. All you're going to do on the raspberry pi is load up the game once and never play it again, guaranteed.
>>
>>4074330
>The novelty of "real hardware" wears off very fast.
holy FUCK this makes me mad.
>>
>>4074523
;)
>>
>>4074523
Truth hurts when you've sunk hundreds of dollars into something that's a novelty.
>>
>>4074573
>sunk hundreds
There was no other way to play the games back when they released, oh wait, you wouldn't remember that, cause you're an underage faggot.
>>
File: 1487060128449.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487060128449.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>4074581
Ah, the classic underage retort, most often used when anon knows he has no real argument.
>>
File: 1491882422136.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491882422136.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>4074586
No you fag, I spent hundreds back in the day because there was LITERALLY no other way to play the games. Hell, the only other way as far as I know to play NES games on a non NES system was in the late 90s with nesticle. I'm not a bandwagoning hipster faggot who buys the latest retro meme game + console for $500. I'm glad emulation exists but saying it is a perfect replacement for the real deal is a fucking joke.
>>
>>4074595
Your parents spending hundreds doesn't mean you spent hundreds, you know this right?
>>
>>4074602
Wrong again, sport. I did oddjobs around the house and neighborhood to buy my Nintendo and started working at a snack bar to buy my Super Nintendo later.
>>
>>4073064
>Whats the best way to play your favorites?
Original hardware for me. Nothing compares to the comfiness of having all the titles you've spent decades playing and appreciating looking back at you from a shelf. It's why Kindles will never fully kill off having a home library.
>>
>>4074573
Anyone playing them with emulation isn't getting the true experience.

I tried most emulators, they're all trash.
>>
>>4074330
>stupid wii prices
Is this what you dingi like you really pay? I get Wiis with a bag full of cables and various controllers for $10-15. Classic controllers cost me a buck, same for pros.

>>4074586
Ah, the classic underage retort, most often used when underage knows he has no real argument.
>>
>>4074595
it's 2017, how is the price of games in the 90s relevant to this thread?

>>4074885
Where?
>>
>>4075043
Fleamarkets. Local online equivalents. Never ebay.
>>
i use a homebrewed wii with a classic controller
>>
>>4075051
Cool, only ever went to one and got sold a broken GunCon and never went back. Got all the /vr/ stuff I need now.
>>
File: 61264324.png (380KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
61264324.png
380KB, 842x595px
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.