[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Randomizer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170621-120936~2.png (1MB, 1410x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-120936~2.png
1MB, 1410x1196px
What do you guys think of this new fangled A Link to the Past Randomizer?

http://vt.alttp.run/randomizer
>>
It's a lot of fun. Try the Super Metroid one as well.
>>
doesn't even work
>>
>>4072286
Enjoyable to watch runs of and good for replay value. Haven't tried it out yet but will probably do so if I'm sure I know all the treasure chest locations.
>>
Speedrunner faggot cancer. If you played a game so much you need a randomizer to make it interesting, it's time to stop playing it.
>>
i've watched the guy who has the the world record for zeldo 1 play the LttP randomizer... it seems like what it's doing is simply shuffling the contents of all the chests, meaning the chest where you'd normally get the magic pearl could contain 50 rupees OR the golden sword. both are equally possible.

but if you already know where all the stuff is, does that really make the game more interesting? i guess it would make you think really carefully about what dungeons you can complete, but that doesn't seem like a big deal.

how does the metroid randomizer work?
>>
>>4072286

So does this mean if you do not get the weapon or item needed to kill the dungeon's boss you have to leave it and do another in hope of getting what you need?
>>
>>4072409
>If you played a game so much you need a randomizer to make it interesting, it's time to stop playing it.
By this logic we should avoid mods, expansion packs, and sequels. You sound salty about something.
>>
>>4072490
>but if you already know where all the stuff is, does that really make the game more interesting?

If you learn a speedrun route it is always the same. The fun of this comes from trying to complete the game as quickly as possible without a reliable route, but instead you must improvise and take your odds into account.

You have to know what gear is necessary to beat each dungeon and even then since the chests are shuffled, the keys and big keys are likely in different locations, so you have to improvise.
>>
>>4072490
how does the metroid randomizer work?
The metroid randomizer links doors together randomly. You open a door and it takes you to a random room.
>>
>>4072901
That sounds awful.
>>
>>4072490
There's 3 Super Metroid randomizers. "Item Randomizer" which just shuffles items, "Route Randomizer" which rearranges the rooms of the game (And also optionally shuffles items), and "Door Randomizer" which just throws you wherever the fuck any time you go through a door.
>>
>>4072393
you have to use a jap v1 rom
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.