[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a third party hand grip for this controller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Is there a third party hand grip for this controller?

This shit is killing my hands. God damn it.

And there is no other good third party replacement.
>>
>>4071067
Do you have deformed hands or something? Wear some gloves I guess.
>>
>>4071067
nah lol. try a third party one or get an adaptor for a controller you like.
>>
>>4071073
Sounds like you got some deformed greasy hands to me.
>>
>>4071070
This controller have shit ergonomics, the wrists doesn't get relaxed. Also, I need to use one geltabz stuff on the analog, because it has no grip.

Pretty shit controller
>>
>>4071076
I tried an adaptor, but it doesn't register the analog triggers. =/

>>4071078
We found a Sega baby.
>>
>>4071082
Sad!
>>
>>4071067
Something wrong with your hands bro. I can't say if any 3rd party ones are better because I've never experienced the problem. As suggested use an adapter. I used total controls for years before I started making my own. I can't imagine I used them so long and the triggers didn't work but I just never noticed. Personally I usually play with PS2 wireless controllers as the screen is pretty far away in most of my setups and I don't enjoy having cats, dogs, or even stupider creatures like children trip over cables.
>>
The only problem I had with the dreamcast controller was the D-pad is hard and shitty so playing Code Veronica fucked up my thumb
>>
>>4071067
What kind of fucked up hands do you have?
>>
File: Just_piling_on_now.jpg (588KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Just_piling_on_now.jpg
588KB, 2592x1944px
>>4071067
I like the Ascii Pad FT. They are shaped like Sega Saturn controllers, better that the XYZ buttons are the same size as the ABC buttons, but worse that the d-pad is not as nice compared to a real Sega-Saturn controller. However, the downside to the Ascii Pad FT is that it counds like an Arcade stick (instead of L&R analog triggers you have C&Z buttons and no analog stick).

If you want something better there are adapters for the Dreamcast.
>>
>>4071378
You always own the weirdest shit, anon. I'm amazed.
>>
>>4071079
all you man
>>
>>4071626
The Dreamcast is one of 3 consoles I can think of off the top of my head where the stock controller may not be best suited for the system for me I guess my oddity in videogame choices is attributed to what others on /vr/ have called "shit taste" and I am at peace with that as they can't stop me from enjoying those games. Here's a Chu Chu Rocket controller for the Dreamcast, I gotta clean my Maracas controller for the Dreamcast first, they have fallen into non-use.
>>
>>4071378
The analog triggers doesn't work.
>>
>>4071120
What do you mean "making your own"?
>>
>>4074089
They don't grow on trees or something. Someone has to make them. When reasonably powerful MCUs with flash became available for a few bucks this became an option for anyone with a basic understanding of working with the parts. I can make an adapter from any controller to any system faster than I can track one down or get one on ebay. And it'll work better and cost less.
>>
>>4075002
>They don't grow on trees or something. Someone has to make them.

Oh, really?
>>
File: madcatz.jpg (422KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
madcatz.jpg
422KB, 800x600px
>>
File: orlyeh.jpg (31KB, 438x400px) Image search: [Google]
orlyeh.jpg
31KB, 438x400px
>>4075042
>Oh, really?
Summer really rustles my tentacles
>>
>>4075079

Great version of the controller. The triggers dont last though.
>>
>>4075042
This one seems better, the wrists grip are different, they seems to be more ergonomic, but I've only read bad things about this controller...

Specially if you plug the VMU in it, it is impossible to take it out without disassemble the thing.
>>
>>4075002
How exactly do you do that?

Is that easy?
What kind of language do I need to know?
Is there some kind of guide?

All the adapters seems to lack something. The NES one doesn't detect the Mic. The Saturn doesn't detect the analog triggers/sticks... and so on.

Is there a GitHub for that?
>>
The worst thing is that slippery ass analog stick.
>>
>>4077156
It can be as easy as downloading a file, flashing it to a chip using a $5 device and then soldering a few wires. Google retro controller adapter + your chip of choice. I suggest you start with attiny or mega because pic will just give you shit, although it's my preference.
There's plenty of source and other details. To customize things you'll need to know some basic assembly.
>>
>>4077564
>retro controller adapter
If I want to connect my USB controller into a NES, SNES or Genesis, I could do it if I assembly this device? Or should I go to a raspberry Pi solution?
>>
>>4075079
Can confirm this is half decent. D-pad is shite but at least it doesn't cut into your fingers. Wouldn't use it over the original but eh. Also, RUBBERY.
>>
>>4071067
dude you sound like a pussy
>>
>>4077602
If you want to connect your USB controller to an old console the answer is the same as all the other times you asked. To do host USB you'll need a part that can handle it. Also it's retarded. Other than those two points processing the input and generating the output would be exactly the same.
You should only use a memeberry if you have more money than sense. It's overkill but you could do this with a Pi. With a fast enough CPU you could probably even do it in python.
>>
>>4071067
Whats wrong with your hands dude? Sure the analog stick is slippery and the d-pad is stiff as fuck but the actual grip on the dreamcast controller is 10/10.
>>
>>4071067
If video games hurt your hands, you need to get to the gym immediately.
>>
The Dreamcast controller was such a disappointment after the Saturn one. I hate to play fighting games with this thing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.