[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JA2 1.13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 2335c77621b246ad9ecc58ca9d540d1b.jpg (235KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2335c77621b246ad9ecc58ca9d540d1b.jpg
235KB, 1000x1000px
How do I get gud and where the fuck do I go Edition?
>>
Play the vanilla version first.
>>
>>4070361

Barring that, any general tips? Had the Dressen mine, but it was taken a few turns later because only 2 good merc out of my 5 after taking it and the airport.
>>
>>4070389
When all else fails, hide inside a house with no windows.
Breachers need good armor and shotguns.
Once the enemies start barricading themselves inside buildings, break the windows and chuck a ton of grenades inside. All types and flavors. Also mortars.

Or just savescum.
>implying you can hit that tank from 2m away
>>
File: 1414797303080.jpg (129KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1414797303080.jpg
129KB, 900x900px
>ay yo brah heard you liked 1.13, want to mod it up?

>here are your choices:

>7609 with ai, no new features from the trunk

>7609 with ai, an item mod, no map mod (or a shitty one)

>7609 with ai, a decent map mod, no item mod

>big maps with an incomplete campaign

WF + AIMNAS was the last good mod.

Anyway, such a shitty community that has withdrawn up its own asshole. They tell people who complain on the forum to mod the game settings, which are roughly twenty different xml and ini files along with many being massive in length as though this is a normal thing to assume for people who play games. And they wonder why so many people bitch and moan that massive counter-attacks are enabled by default and why NCTH is a pile of steaming shit skewed in favour of an ai that treats the map like a chess-board and calculates better than any human opponent.

And of course, let's add another useless micromanagement mechanic rather than externalizing data or making it more modder-friendly so that the game can have actual imrovements like making it easier to use item mods across maps.

Anyway, I am cautiously optimistic. It only took them 10 years or so to begin to address roofs being abused.
>>
>>4070361

This, I made this mistake with both xcom and JA2. Both fan patches make the games a million times more bullshit difficult than they need to be, where you have to basically resort to exploits and cheesy tactics to win certain scenarios.

Just play vanilla and deal with the resolution.
>>
>>4070361
and dont ever play the pile of shit that is 1.13
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.