[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Mario RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

I want to talk about the Mario RPGs...

>Legend of the Seven Stars
>Paper Mario
>Mario & Luigi
>>
why
>>
File: tmp_26953-PM_Group971132074.jpg (116KB, 520x500px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26953-PM_Group971132074.jpg
116KB, 520x500px
>>4069410
Because they're fun. And I you couldn't get /v/ or /vg/ to discuss them.
>>
>>4069394
>>Mario & Luigi
not retro
>>
some of my favorite games of all time. despite a lot of them being pretty well-regarded, i think even those entries are underrated. its too bad more RPGs didn't learn from the great writing and world-building of the stronger mario RPGs.
>>
>>4069394
Then are some good games.
>>
How do I 100 super jumps?
>>
Super Mario RPG is the weakest one in the series. Fun writing and interesting take in the graphics (when they launched), but it is not a very fun or interesting game in any other aspect.

Paper Mario series is my favourite one, beeing the second its peek in quality. Very fun writing and gameplay, and their gimmick (2D paper elements in 3D world) is very well integrated in the game.

Beated just one Mario & Luigi. I enjoyed the adjustements in the combat system, but I liked much more the PaperĀ“s art style and mood.
>>
>>4069450
Frame perfect jumps and lots of autism.
>>
>>4069680
Sounds like your fun!
>>
Good games.
>>
>>4069394
Miss you Geno and Mallow.
>>
>>4069456
I'm replaying TTYD atm, after like ten years, and I am finding that the way the badge system and partners are implemented kinda sucks, and the Peach scenes are sooo much worse.

Still a great game though.
I got a long way through one of the Mario and Luigi games long ago, but can't get into the battle mechanics now.
They just piss me off a lot.

Geno being an angel and frog coins and sniffits and Booster will always make me love RPG the most.

Thing pissing me off in TTYD the most is that the only real strategy for all bosses and tough enemies seems to be "throw as much attack item and magic at them as you can because you have no healers and all healing items and crystal powers are next to useless".
Change it up a bit, X-nauts, damn.
>>
>>4071468
>healing items and crystal powers are next to useless
The powered up version of the first ability you get is pretty good. And there are plenty of good items in the game, especially if you cook them.

But yeah, the game is quite easy. A few years ago I did a 10hp double pain badge run, and I don't think I could have fun playing the game normally now.
>>
Super Mario RPG: Revolution is my favorite mod for the game. It just gives it more bite.
>>
File: tmp_29395-MnL_Scene1580768869.jpg (3MB, 3840x2900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29395-MnL_Scene1580768869.jpg
3MB, 3840x2900px
Great games.
>>
>>4069394

Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi try so hard to emulate Mario RPG's humor and never has.

I cannot get in into either of them because 1-2 person parties for turn based combat is boring and stupid. I want a full party with different abilities, not 1 or 2 guys.
>>
>>4072576
I didn't mind the small parties. In paper Mario it's more like having a party of one (Mario) with a single sidekick.

I think it's because these games are aimed at younger players. Nintendo Nin wants to make it as simple as possible since you only have to manage one character.
>>
>>4069394
This one's nostalgic to me~
The soundtrack made my infant ears ready to know what good music should be.
That, and other Square's games like Secret of Mana and FF on the SNES~
>>
>>4074653
Good stuff...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLm78UpqSg
>>
>>4074896
Love that track.
>>
Who is your Paper Mario waifu?
>>
I fucking love SMRPG to this day, but tried playing PM64 a few years ago and couldn't get into it at all. I beat it and don't remember anything about it.
>>
File: isuckatgames.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
isuckatgames.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
pic related is my experience with paper mario
>>
>>4069394
Super Mario RPG started out fun but got grindy and boring around the sunken ship time. like after you recruit bowser.

Kinda wish they would remake this game or something to give use to Bowser and Mallow. the required Princess and Geno got old
>>
I remember getting stuck at the ship when I was a little kid and my brother and I overlevel'd hard to around lv 27, when lv 20 was more appropriate.

You don't have to grind whatsoever to beat the game though.
>>
>>4069410
The original snes super Mario rpg is my favorite game of all time.
>>
The guy who translated Mother 3 just played through the Japanese version and translated it.
https://youtu.be/zxo9Ve0LWW4?list=PL8fufren85t_E6vw92iocjusuqJTl03j8
>>
>>4078826
This guy is one ugly nerd but this will be sorta interesting.

Does the official translation differ significantly from his translation?
>>
>>4078721
>require Princess and Geno

Explain
>>
>>4078997
Geno is OP, Princess is a healer
>>
>>4079003
What's preventing you from using Bowser and Mallow?
>>
>>4079018
Bowser is a tank and Mallow is very circumstantial. Not bad characters just overshadowed by Geno.
>>
>>4078910
I haven't watched the whole thing but usually it's minor stuff, occasionally something significant is changed here and there.
>>
Mario RPG had some good music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-VKQVJ_U0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BX8G-22E5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up88zQxhKVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbqeMTfoXs
>>
>>4079545
Nice!
>>
>>4069394
I'm replaying the Seven Stars, and I just fucking love how comfy this game is. Feels really nice to sit down on the couch, listening to some great Mario music while playing a really chill and easy Jrpg with a bright and cheerful aesthetic. Great for relaxing.
>>
>>4084150
fucking this. i feel similarly about paper mario, it's really fun and well-done, but something about the graphics in super mario rpg, combined with the fact that i remember playing it when i was like 3-4, makes it super comfy to replay.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.