[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just hacked my 3DS and want to get caught up on all those GB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: GBC_SYSTEM_GRAPE.jpg (22KB, 385x443px) Image search: [Google]
GBC_SYSTEM_GRAPE.jpg
22KB, 385x443px
Just hacked my 3DS and want to get caught up on all those GB and GBC games I've missed, what are some must-plays and hidden gems?
>>
>>4069237
Two games I never see recommended that I've been enjoying are Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force. Developed by Natsume, both games have tons of polish, from graphics and music to gamjeplay. Each game has multiple objectives in each stage along with multiple endings. Even without the license, both are great action platformers. I wish I gave both a chance as a kid.
>>
>>4069237
For The Frog the Bell Tolls: Requires an English translation patch to play. This was a predecessor to Link's Awakening, they used the same engine. A very charming adventure game with a silly sense of humor. I really like it.

Trip World: A platformer by Sunsoft. The graphics look great for gameboy, often called "gimmick on gameboy". I wouldn't say it is as good as gimmick but it's still a good game.

Legend of the River King: Simple jrpg with a fishing theme, just a cute game in general.
>>
Try Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge. Not sure why all the info on these games says they're ports when they're basically new games.
>>
>>4069245
>Legend of the River King
might as well just do River King 2, it surpasses the original in all ways.

they're both comfy games tho.
>>
File: warioland.jpg (230KB, 1198x1052px) Image search: [Google]
warioland.jpg
230KB, 1198x1052px
Warioland 3

Pokemon Crystal

Metroid 2 Return of Samus

Link's Awakening DX
>>
>>4069245
>legend of the river king

Ew.
>>
The original GB had a damn fine version of Bionic Commando.
>>
>GB
Trip World

>GBC
Goemon Dynamite
>>
>>4069237
Earthworm Jim
>>
OP here, thanks for all the suggestions so far. Are the Final Fantasy Legends/Adventure games worth checking out? Or should I just skip ahead to future SaGa/Mana games

>>4070834
Damn good taste, I love Bionic Commando GB.
>>
File: Game and Watch.jpg (42KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Game and Watch.jpg
42KB, 400x320px
Game and Watch
>>
>>4070857
>Are the Final Fantasy Legends/Adventure games worth checking out?
sure

>>4070863
my nigga
>>
Kirby's dreamland (gb)
Tetris (gb)
Pocket bomberman (gb)
>>
>>4069237
donkey kong 94

megaman (3-5)

one of pokemon red/blue/yellow
pokemon crystal

pokemon pinball
kirby's pinball land

pokemon tcg
pokemon tcg 2 is japanese but has a translation patch

metroid 2

zelda oracle of ages/seasons (play one then the other)
zelda link's awakening dx

game & watch gallery 2 + 3

harry potter

wario land. desu i could only get into 3, but it was excellent

keitai denjuu telefang (japanese but has a patch)

survival kids
survival kids 2 is japanese but has a translation patch

shame you can't play gameboy camera on a 3ds
>>
>>4069382
>>Nintendo never made a gameboy port of pic related

It's weird considering the fact they ported almost every other puzzle game to it like Tetris Attack, Yoshi and Yoshi's Cookie.
>>
>>4070857
Legends 2 is good.

Also, play Dragon Quest 1,2,3 and Lufia 3.
>>
Daedelian Opus
Cool Ball
>>
>>4069237
dragon quest 3, hands down the best RPG ive ever played, i wasted many summer afternoons playing it.

also, shantae is a pretty good gem too.
>>
>>4069237
Daikatana, Robopon and the SaGas.
>>
>>4069237
Are we seriously doing "LE HIDDEN JIM" threads now? Jesus christ this place is as bad as leddit.
>>
>>4074487
>LE HIDDEN JIM" threads now?
>now
Were have you been for the last years?
>>
>>4074493
Everyone loves to talk about obscure games. But only hoarders and children say "hidden gem," and neither is welcome here. Reddit/9Gag/YouTube have ruined that phrase forever.
>>
File: Stranded Kids.jpg (73KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
Stranded Kids.jpg
73KB, 320x288px
>>4069237
"Stranded Kids"
It's definitely one not to miss~
It's about surviving on an island, and you can combine items to enhance your survival.
>>
kaijuu-ou godzilla is a fun side scrolling beat em up where you play as GOD FUCKING ZILLA. you start the game in the ocean climbing out the water and instantly firing atomic breath at each and every helicopter and boat in your path you climb out of the water after decimating the entire japanese naval forces only to be greeted by some douchey little bitch ass no name monster who you can instantly fucking consume with your fucking unholy uppercuts that would make mike tyson cry like a teenage girl after her first breakup. hell yeah
this game is dope
>>
>>4070863
This, get the G&W Galleries, countless hours of good fun.
>>
>>4074669
Isn't this called "Survival Kids"? Or is that a different game?
>>
>>4074854
I think they're both the same game, the difference in names are from the different localization I believe.
>>
>>4074669
This
>>4071523
>keitai denjuu telefang
The infamous pokemon diamond bootleg. Bought a copy of it in Spain for 5 bucks. Was totally broken but still fun
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.