[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is DQ country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Dragon_Warrior.jpg (157KB, 256x372px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Warrior.jpg
157KB, 256x372px
What's the best way to play DQ 1-3 in English these days? GBC remakes or SNES remakes?
>>
>>4069235
SNES
>>
>>4069235
Snes. Those have the best graphics and music. DQIII on snes looks great as it was made in the DQVI engine.
>>
File: 1465680823677.jpg (234KB, 641x346px) Image search: [Google]
1465680823677.jpg
234KB, 641x346px
threadjack: what's the best way to play FF4?
>>
>>4069235
Super Famicom.
If you are fluent in Japanese, play it in Japanese.
If you don't speak Japanese, get a fan translation for whatever language you are most fluent in, if it's not English.

I am fluent in Japanese so I play it in Japanese.
>>
>>4069253
Super Famicom original, PS1 is a decent substitute. I don't really like all the additions of the GBA/PSP version.

DS should be reserved exclusively for those who already beat the game before because it's hard as balls.
>>
>>4069253
PSP version is the best version.
As for Final Fantasy IV Remake, I'm not sure whether to choose between the DS or PC version.
>>
>>4069253
>Classic
A Euro copy of Advance. Yeah, seriously. It's the most faithful to the original while having a lot of content and a translation that isn't balls. USA copies are bugged. The PSP remake only adds inconsistent (read; shitty) sprites and a bunch of TAY content (read; garbage).

DS is still the best version of the remake because it's the only one with a good UI, just emulate it and up the rendering res.
>>
>>4069235
I've played both the snes and gbc versions and i personally liked the gbc versions of all the games more. I can't really explain why but i just got more enjoyment out of them than the snes versions.

I'm always in the minority when it comes to this recommendation though, so just keep that in mind.
>>
File: dq2party.png (2MB, 983x754px) Image search: [Google]
dq2party.png
2MB, 983x754px
Did anyone else enjoy the Alefgard trilogy more than the heavenly/Zenithian trilogy?

I felt that after the third game the world became much more restrictive - I really liked how you roam the world from the start in DQ1 and within hours in DQ2/3.
>>
>>4069235
NES. Don't be a baby. There's no point playing the games at all if you're just going to play the easymodo versions and pretend that you've beaten the games.
>>
>>4071582
I really preferred 1-3 over 4-6.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.