[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WS thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0377.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0377.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
GET
Also Wonderswan general?
>>
Me too, but due to a sniping mistake I have now paid more than anyone else has paid for a Wonderswan. Is the flash master cart going back on sale soon?
>>
>>4070604
>flash master cart
You mean this?
flashmasta[jew]com/category/wonderswan-flash-cart/
>>
>>4070712
That's right. The site still has it out of stock.
>>
>>4070718
Dunno man, the last ws activity on the forum was in april...
>>
Got a B and W wonderswan. Clear blue. I play Gunpey on it along with Fever Senko (Pachinko) And a baseball game. Feels good man.
>>
>>4070604
How much and for which version? Sometimes you can be lucky, I got a Color Final Fantasy version for €30 with shipping
>>
>>4070875
Won for $95USD shipped (waiting on it) for a transparent blue SwanCrystal. Since the system won't start without a game, the balance of cheap and interesting to me was Langrisser Millennium for $5 more (no instructions). I have never played any Pokemon nor Digimon games so I do not know what got over me.

I hope Japanon in the other thread posts a picture of Wonderswan games. Klonoa and Makaimura interests me most for the system. Pocket Fighter, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy 4, and Rockman & Forte round out the system library for me. I think all of those titles are expensive, without even mentioning Judgement Silversword and Dicing Knight, so that is why I want a flash cart.
>>
File: RetroArch-1118-215449.jpg (23KB, 224x144px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1118-215449.jpg
23KB, 224x144px
I'd love getting a Wonderswan but I can't think of too many games I want to play on it and the games are fairly rare or expensive.

Only Wonderswan game I emulated is Medarot 1 Perfect Edition.
>>
>>4071467
I finished it. It's just the first GB Medarot with (way) better graphics on the battles and some portrait changes here and there.
I like the more "grown up" Medarot designs.
>>
>>4071471
As far as I recall the GB version didn't have portraits at all, not even for the main characters. Added a lot of charm to the game in my opinion.

Also, funny how despite adding colors even in later Medarot games on the GBC the sprites are still smaller and less detailed than the Wonderswan version. Pic related, Medarot's 4 Cyandog.
>>
File: Medarot Kuma (JAP)_09.png (12KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Medarot Kuma (JAP)_09.png
12KB, 256x224px
>>4071476
It had portraits before battles.
>>
File: RetroArch-1115-113356.png (4KB, 224x144px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1115-113356.png
4KB, 224x144px
>>4071483
Oh you were talking about those. Yeah, now I remember. Also, I meant to say that the portraits in dialouge added a lot of charm to the game.

I wish the rest of the games had gotten a Perfect version like the first game.
>>
>>4071412
how much are those flashcarts?
>>
>>4071635
The site has them listed as $95 not counting shipping. They don't seem to be as straightforward as the krikzz flash carts for other systems, but I don't have much choice for the Wonderswan. Given the 8 games I named that I wanted to play on the system, it is still a savings.
>>
>>4071661
Could you give me a link? Is there compability list?/Known games that don't work?
>>
>>4071669
The one mentioned on this post: >>4070712

These should be all the games that do not work with WS Flashmasta at all:

Another Memory of Those Days (J).wsc
Beat Mania (J) [M].ws -flashmasta crashes while writing [128Mbit rom]
Cho Denki Card Battle Yofu Makai Kikuchi Shugo (J) [M].ws -becomes corrupt after starting
Dokodemo Hamster For WonderSwan (J) [M].ws -loops back to title screen
From TV Animation One Piece Niji No Shima Densetsu (J).wsc -does not start
Guilty Gear Petit (J).wsc -freezes after character selection
Meitantei Conan - Majutsushi no Chousenjou! (J) [M][!].ws -does not start
Meitantei Conan - Nishi no Meitantei Saidai no Kiki (J) [M].ws -does not start
Meitantei Conan - Yugure no Koujo (J).wsc -does not start
Inuyasha - Kagome no Yume Nikki (J).wsc -Does not start
Lode Runner (J) [M].ws -freezes on "story" selection
Riviera (J).wsc -freezes on start
Sangokushi for WonderSwan (J) [M].ws -crashes on opening screen
Sangokushi II Rekishi Simulation for WonderSwan (J) [M].ws -you have to be fast selecting at startup

These games work but have no working EEPROM patch [no save]:

Digital Monster Card Game for WonderSwanColor (J).wsc
Digital Monsters D Project (J).wsc
Hunter X Hunter - Ichi O Tsugu Mono (J) [M].ws
Itou Jun Ni Uzumaki Noroi Simulation [J] [M].ws
Kinnikuman Nisei Choujin Seisenshi (J).wsc
Kinnikuman Second Generations Dream Tag Match (J).wsc
Kurupara! (J).wsc
Raku Jongg (J).wsc
Tare Panda no Gunpey (J) [M].ws
Terrors 2 (J).wsc
Tetris (J).wsc
Tonpusou (J).wsc
Uzumaki - Denshi Kaiki Hen [J] [M].ws
With You - Mitsumete Itai (J).wsc
X -Card of Fate (TV animation X) (J).wsc
>>
>>4071412
>other thread
what other thread?
>>
>>4071412
>Final Fantasy 4
nah, you're good

>>4071467
>fairly rare or expensive
nay, they run the gamut. Some are jewed of course, mostly big name shit. Complete games are to sometimes, but if you only want to play the game just emu it.
>>
>>4072115
I think he means >>>4057089
>>
NOT FUCKING RETRO FAGS
>>
>>4072187
cool. btw anyone know if the ws color is backwards compatable
>>
>>4072225
How so?
>>
Where is it recommended to get one online? I would imagine just ebay? everywhere else I have seen them they are really expensive or out of stock
>>
>>4072229
the color version
>>
>>4072227
Yes, obviously the games will be in B&W
>>
>>4072225
Stop using the word retro
>>
>>4072243
ebay, there's tons of them.
>everywhere else I have seen them they are really expensive or out of stock
Any of those dealers are jews or can't get shit for stock
>>
>>4072247
Well, yeah, I figured that much

>>4072245
Did I say WS color thread? No, I said WS thread.
>>
>>4072225
Came out in 1999 sport. A few years before you were born.
>>
bamp
>>
Looks like the thread will die before my SwanCrystal I overpiad for will arrive (a month from now). Maybe next time there will be flash carts available and we can discuss further.

>>4072115
Sure I have it on SNES and SFC (and PS, but cannot play that one), but it is my favorite Final Fantasy game after Tactics. What's wrong with the Wonderswan version?
>>
>>4077443
Whaddya mean?
>>
File: asuka-famicom.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asuka-famicom.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>4078246
Sorry, I responded to the wrong post.

>>4072115 was answered by >>4072187 correctly.

I meant >>4077443 in response to >>4072159 regarding Final Fantasy 4.

I mistyped a snipe and won a clear blue SwanCrystal for $95USD shipped ... which is more than anyone has ever paid for one ever. On the bright side, I do think it is a very pretty system as seen on http://www.ebay.com/itm/162553799254 pictures. I do not know what I was thinking when I thought I should give the system a try, since I do not read/watch any of the manga/anime games the system features (One Piece, Inuyasha, Hunter X Hunter, Digimon, Dragonball, and Gundam) yet the 8 games I am interested in are very expensive so I need the flashcart to save money now on the system.
>>
>>4078720
Aight no prob, what I meant was that you can get ff4 at a reasonable price. There's one sitting at 15 right now.
>>
>>4070712
>>4070718
>>4071692
So will those and the Neo Geo ones be in stock again?
>>
>>4070604
haha i bought mine for 20 dollarie doos
>>
>>4079650
No fucking clue; he hasn't said yes but he hasnt said no either.
>>
Nobody owns a wonderswan.
>>
File: 89378.jpg (257KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
89378.jpg
257KB, 1008x756px
>>4081939
>>
>>4082167
Heheheh nice.
>>
>>4081939
I've got a bunch of them. Japanese flea markets were full of them up until a couple years ago and they cost less than a buck.
>>
As someone who loves the Neo Geo Pocket Color is it safe to assume I would love the Wonderswan as well?
>>
>>4083119
Maybe, Neo Geo Pocket is more like the Game Boy Color, WonderSwan is really its own thing
>>
>>4083119
No. They're very different systems. Aside from a few bobble head animu fighters there's not much similar. 50% of the WS library is digimon, final fantasy and gundam, although some games are not what you might expect. So if you're not into any of those you'll have a small selection to get excited about.
>>
>>4083774
this; if youre not a weeb stick with ngp.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.