[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games are actually better than Final Fantasy VI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Terramagitek.jpg (136KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Terramagitek.jpg
136KB, 666x1000px
What games are actually better than Final Fantasy VI
>>
In the same series? 3, 5, 7, 9.

Beyond that? Too many to post.
>>
>>4068364
3 and 7 are categorically worse than 6. I'll give you 5 and 9 though.
>>
>>4068369
Is categorically the new objectively? I'm seeing it everywhere.

FF6 is bad. It has a bloated cast. No meaningful customization. No meaningful choices. You could seriously set cursor memory on and mash through battles with most characters.

FF7 may not be your favorite, but it has more meaningful customization with your first 15 coloured marbles then the absolute entirety of FF6.
>>
7 is easily most overhyped it's tends to be the first final fantasy people play so by default they give it the ups.

6th is still probably the best
>>
XII

Tactics if you count spinoffs
>>
8, 10, 9, T, 4, LOD, CC, CT
>>
FFV and CT if we speak strictly about SNES RPGs

FFVI is good but heavily overrated, just like VII. Bloated cast as somebody said, mechanically very poor (specially after V), full of glitches and bugs, second easiest to break after VIII, inconsistent (WoB is a rollercoaster showing the worst traits of the genre, WoR is boring) and copycat characters in battle
>>
>>4068384
>implying both aren't overrated
>>
>>4068361
Tactics is the best FF of all time.

Not the GBA ones tho...
>>
>>4068435
>CC
Hey now
>>
First time playing this.

Got the airship in WoR and I'm struggling to continue. Its just not all that satisfying to play.
>>
>>4068379
>game touts exorbitant amount of characters
>less than 5 actually matter
Getting tired of this desu
>>
File: tumblr_nw6n1eCncb1qiwqvto1_540.jpg (377KB, 540x760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw6n1eCncb1qiwqvto1_540.jpg
377KB, 540x760px
>>4069074
I have done two playthroughes of this game and o both this was the exact point I quit. What's weird is i often like more open ended sections in jrpgs but something about this just bored me. The actual idea of searching for your party sounds great but I just remember finding it boring.

Maybe I should make a third attempt some day.
>>
Final Fantasy 7 is the best of the series. By damn near any metric you measure it by, it's head and shoulders above all the rest. Number of awards received, value of the stand-alone title sales (adjusted for inflation), number of sequels / spin-offs / etc, popularity of the protagonist and antagonist, etc. There's a reason 7 is the flagship title of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Now, you might not like it personally, but if you can't acknowledge that it's a good game - or at the very least, best of the Final Fantasy titles, it's just you being salty that your favorite isn't better received. This is ESPECIALLY true and common among fans of FF6. It's not enough for them to constantly push their favorite as the best, but they will bring FF7 up in a discussion about FF6 purely to run it down.
>>
>>4068361
>What games are actually better than Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII for one
>>
>>4069092
It just feels like you're aimlessly running around while the obvious target is staring you in the face. Sure the world had gone to shit, but it's only been a year since...we may as well have stuck together.

Now I have to run around and find characters that are admittedly interesting but ultimately dont matter.
>>
>>4069156
>It's not enough for them to constantly push their favorite as the best, but they will bring FF7 up in a discussion about FF6 purely to run it down.

Lmao FF7 fags literally do the same thing. And FFX is better than 7.
>>
1. Dark Souls 1

2. System Shock 1

3. Deus Ex 1

4. Fallout: New Vegas

5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

7. Bioshock 1.

8. Silent Hill 2.

9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

10. Metal Gear Solid.
>>
File: rhime_ablaze.png (712KB, 733x416px) Image search: [Google]
rhime_ablaze.png
712KB, 733x416px
>>4068361
Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics, Zelda III, Age of Empires, probably many others.
>>
>>4069229
>OoT
>SoTN

You almost had a good list...
>>
>>4069229

My brother of african heritage.
>>
>>4069229
>Dark Souls
>not Demon's Souls
lol, pleb
>>
>>4069342
Looks pretty good to me, of course it doesn't take much to be better than a JRPG.
>>
Trog
>>
>>4068361
VII
>>
>>4068361
Tactic Ogre and Chrono Triggered
>>
>>4069229
>4. Fallout: New Vegas
>7. Bioshock 1.
>1. Dark Souls 1
Not retro also Tactics was better.
>>
>>4069520
/v/ needs to go back.
>>
>>4069229
None of these games are better than FFVI.
>>
>>4069520
I'm quite glad Morrowind is /vr/ now!
>>
>>4069969
It certainly does have that retro feel.
>>
Anyone talking shit about ffvi... what's happened?
>>
>>4070957
Mix of contrarianism, people getting sick of how praised it is, and actual criticism.

I think it's okay game, the art, music, and character designs are great. The problem is that the game is extremely broken, maybe more then any other FF title. It's an already pretty easy game but you can break the game in so many ways that it just feels unrefined.
>>
>>4070971
But the story and characters are great, and the game is pretty big btw
>>
>>4070971
>The problem is that the game is extremely broken
It can be easily broken, but the core gameplay is fine. It's really the level up bonuses that are so exploitable, plus late game stuff like genji glove + Excalibur or the jewelbox(?) relic. Most people playing it for the first time won't know about all the gamebreaking stuff unless they're following a walkthrough, in which case fuck 'em. (I still do the sketch glitch every time :3)

6 and 7 are probably the most exploitable tho. I guess the junctioning stuff in 8 can be gamebreaking, but that takes so much more effort.
>>
>>4068361
objectively none. it's grouped in with like a hundred other games that you can't really put one above or below the other because games are such an immature and rough medium that hasn't divided itself between art and product

like is there any fine cinema of videogames? I don't even know, -maybe-?
>>
>>4068361
FFV's gameplay is far better, but VI does beat it in story at least. Still, I think I prefer V myself, but that's just a matter of taste I think. To each their own.
>>
>>4069229
I lol' d at bioshock. Nice try useless hipster fag.
>>
>>4068384
FFV is the best, quite honestly. The customization in it is fantastic. Definitely a well made game.
>>
>>4071028
oops, I also forgot about Blind status not working, and that one stat (Evade?) not working either. Still, it has very little effect on the game.
>>
>>4070957
Gameplay is shit. I don't care how good everything else is about a game when it's excruciatingly boring and uninteresting to play.
>>
>>4071256
Isn't this the case with most Final Fantasy games? X, XII, V, and Tactics did it right.
>>
>>4071263
No.
>>
>>4069229
>1. Dark Souls 1
Yes
>2. System Shock 1
No
>3. Deus Ex 1
Fuck no
>4. Fallout: New Vegas
>5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
>6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
>7. Bioshock 1.
Is this actually trolling..?
>8. Silent Hill 2.
Okay yes. Yes it is.
>9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
Whoa, a *good* game. Nice anon!
>10. Metal Gear Solid.
Another good one!

You have to be trolling. Only 2 of those were any good, but hey. I was entertained.
>>
>>4071256
I doubt anyone cares about gameplay in Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Vagrant Story, they're still very good.
>>
>>4070971
Exactly. For example, Gau with Giga Volt carried me for a good portion of the game.
>>
>>4071028
>6 and 7 are probably the most exploitable tho

Also II.
>>
>>4068435
8's gameplay was fucking terrible, where did this meme about it being one of the better games come from anyway?
>>
>>4071652
Xenogears's battle system is fun, which is a shame since there are more cutscenes than actual gameplay. And the cutscenes aren't even that good, unless you love reading ellipses constantly.
>>
>>4072909
Also the story is the worst of the Sakaguchi FFs, and that's saying something.
>>
>>4072909
>>4072913
People in denial about how much their precious game sucked then and now.
>>
FF7 is cheesy and not believeable. It's proof that more people are stupid than intelligent. Another thing might be also, that FF6 was so successful, that alot of people bought FF7. Selling alot doesn't mean beeing good. It just means strong marketing and maybe a good precedessor. The question is how well FF8 sold. However disregarding all that, FF7 is just cheesy and stupid as F*.
>>
File: 1431836730749.png (132KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1431836730749.png
132KB, 500x363px
>>4073640
>>
>>4071652
I do and it's why I hate CC as much as I do. If CC's story being an abysmal shitfest was the only problem with it, I could live with it, but I hate its gameplay on so many different levels.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.