[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vr/ feel about Game & Watches?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

How does /vr/ feel about Game & Watches?
>>
They get a reputation for being cheap toys that aren't very fun, but I think it's because they tend to get collectively lumped into people's minds with those Tiger LCD handhelds that flooded every toy store in the '90s.

Game & Watch games were actually fun, and some of them are fun enough to legitimately still be worth playing.
>>
>>4067340
Super cool but super expensive. Those two screen games are GOAT. It's unfortunate that they can only be simulated and not emulated

They are also nice in a way because Nintendo stopped making arcade games, but they did make plenty of unique G&W games

Donkey Kong II is my favorite
>>
I like them.

Surprised Nintendo hasn't done much with them since they're so crazy for re-selling their old properties. You'd think an all in one compilation on the 3DS would be a no brainer since the 3DS could probably emulate the look of the LCD screen pretty well.
>>
>>4067340
meh. meme.
>>
File: miniclassics.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
miniclassics.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
>>4067492
Well, there was a Game Boy compilation of G&W games released by Nintendo. Also at some point Nintendo (or rather, licensed subcontractors) made some small keychain versions. I have the Octopus one. It's fairly faithful from what I can tell (though not 100% accurate), actually fun to play and keeps the clock and alarm/features.
>>
>>4067492
They did re-release them as two collections for the DS but in an extremely limited fashion. (As Nintendo rewards)

I guess they wouldn't expect anyone to buy them as an actual product. If they had put both collections together and shoved them onto the eshop for cheap I think that it might have sold ok honestly.
>>
Never played the originals but I loved the G&W Gallery 2 game on GBC. Never played the other ones.

Helmet (Mario version) was my favorite, though the parachute and mole games were also great.

>>4067854
>look at me i hate normies so much lol im such a nerd XD
Fag.
>>
They are perfect collectors items; small, beautifully crafted, easy to maintain, playable without additional effort, not that expensive if you can cope without boxes or perfect condition.
I still own my childhood acquisitions of Donkey Kong and Rain Shower, I also had a few mini arcade games, but they were crap.
>>
File: donkey-kong-game-watch_1k.jpg (454KB, 1000x888px) Image search: [Google]
donkey-kong-game-watch_1k.jpg
454KB, 1000x888px
>>4067362
> They get a reputation for being cheap toys
Is that so? I think this may be the case now on hindsight, but I always thought they carried a definite image of quality, precisely because they shared the market with extremely inferior LCD games.

For me, the orange/cream/black color scheme and sleek metallic exterior finish in the DK handheld was the definition of Cool Kid Gadget™
>>
>>4067835
I had the Donkey Kong Jr. version. Shit was awesome.
>>
Also link to awesome relevant site

http://pica-pic.com/
>>
>>4068008
The multi-screen Game and Watches have an aesthetic I adore. It's clamshell perfection.
>>
>>4067846
Weren't those a single game each though, rather than collections like G&W Gallery? You can (obviously) run them on a flashcart, they're very faithful and worth grabbing if you have an R4 or something. Ball got a DSiWare release too, I have it on my 3DS, but I think they shut DSiWare down?
>>
>>4068194
Nah it was a few games on each:

Game & Watch Collection

Oil Panic
Donkey Kong
Greenhouse

Game & Watch Collection 2

Parachute
Octopus
Parachute × Octopus

G&W galleries were better still in my opinion. Loved the reimagned Fire game in the GBA one.
>>
>>4067364
I wish I still had mine. I had Donkey Kong, Zelda and Safebuster from when I was a kid in the late 80s/early 90s but sold them on eBay for about £20 each about ten years ago.
>>
>>4067875
Butthurt normie.
>>
>>4067340
They're cute and great time killers. I wish I had one.
>>
>>4067340
I still like them, but that pictured DK one is the only one I have that still works properly. Fire and Manhole both have fucked buttons and won't register inputs consistently anymore.
>>
I bought Cement Factory on my 3DS, Its too bad it seems my skills are shittier now than before
>>
>>4067340
There great my mom bought me one for my 16th birthday.
>>
>>4067492
ive been saying for a while, since nintendo is trying to get into the mobile market, you port Game and Watch titles on there, they can function as a live wallpaper/alarm clock, or as a generic time waster game, sell them for 2-3 dollars per game and bam
>>
>>4067340
The Game and Watch Gallery games on the GBA were pretty great.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.