[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bonk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Bonk's_Revenge_cover.jpg (26KB, 256x302px) Image search: [Google]
Bonk's_Revenge_cover.jpg
26KB, 256x302px
Lets talk about these games.
Best to worst
>bonk's revenge
>super genjin 2
>bonk 3
>bonk 1
>super bonk

extra
>zonk

if there are others I haven't played them.
>>
these games are all fucking cigarette commercials for kids minus the cigarettes and I hate them

all of them are fucking donkey kong country, except not as charming, but retaining the shallow and repetitive game structure with worthless collectables and bonus levels and other stupid shit
>>
>>4066398
to be fair bonk is probably better if only for not having literal hundreds of spinning barrels in it
>>
>>4066398
>these games are all fucking cigarette commercials for kids minus the cigarettes and I hate them
Wut. Explain.
>>
>>4066389
My niece love's Bonk for some unspecified reason yet hates Mario. She's 10 now and has finished all the games in the series and the only Mario she likes is 64 and only becouse of the ghost level.
>>
File: bonkarcade-2[1].png (27KB, 319x229px) Image search: [Google]
bonkarcade-2[1].png
27KB, 319x229px
>>4066405
bonk was my first game so I have more nostalgia for it than games like super mario world.

>>4066398
I have no idea how you came to that conclusion
The only game I don't like is super bonk, but the sequel is amazing and very arcade like.

I did forget bonk did have an arcade game, but its just okay.
>>
I just consulted my niece she says the best Bonk is the one where he goes back in time or something.
>>
>>4066389
Good Taste OP

Bonk's Revenge is one of my favorite platformers of all time

My ranking

Bonk's Revenge>Bonk 1=Super Bonk 2>>>Super Bonk>>>Bonk 3

Bonk 1 is a classic, no doubt. Super Bonk 2 is excellent but I'm not a fan of the final world nor do I like the soundtrack much, but it has a lot of what made Revenge so great

Super Bonk has great aesthetics but gross level design. Bonk 3 is just a soulless husk made at the end of the HuCard's life cycle

Air Zonk>>>>>Super Air Zonk

GB Bonk>>>GB Bonk 2
>>
>>4066416
forgot about the game boy games too

bonk 1 is sort of broken for me since I turn on the turbo switch and basically fly to the end of the game. Even with out you can spam attack in the air pretty fast.
I just got a snes recently and finally played super bonk 2 and love the speed of the game. Its like bonk on crack, but I agree about the soundtrack.

I didnt know there was a super air zonk.
>>
>>4066427
I definitely kinda agree about Bonk 1. It was made in just 3 months, so some level design is a bit flat. But it definitely nails down the atmosphere and there aren't any gimmicks that bog down the game for me

Super Air Zonk is almost nothing like Air Zonk. Looks worse, plays worse, sounds worse, and it's half the speed

If you like Zonk I recommend Coryoon. It's made by a lot of the same people and it has a ton of similarities. It came out before Air Zonk so some parts don't feel quite as refined but it's very exhilirating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwv5OCujfIU
>>
>>4066405
She wants to get 'bonked' if you know what I mean
>>
>>4066405
she probably has autism
>>
I played both titles for the Game Boy and found them to be competent platformers, even good at times, specially because of how nice looking the enemies and some of the backgrounds are. Music is not bad either. The only thing with those 2 games are how easy they are and boss fights, especially in Bonk's revenge are kinda lazy "jump unto its weak spot" kind of deal.

I never played any Bonk outside of those gb titles so I don't know if it's a series designed to be super easy or it's just a thing for those 2 games specifically.
>>
If he didn't have that retarded delay on his jumps, he would have had what it takes to be a 10/10 platforming mascot.
>>
>>4066405

Kids are fucking weird man.
>>
>>4066398
dial the edge down kiddo
>>
>>4066565
super bonk 2 is really fast though

>>4066562
It is just a slight bit harder than a kirby game.
>>
>>4066606
>super bonk 2 is really fast though

Bonk's walk speed might be slightly faster but it doesn't mean much

You can run, sure, but it's kinda sloppy and used more as a sliding move
>>
i had super b.c kid on the amiga 500, i guess its the same? aweso e games!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.