[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is better than Metal Gear Solid. Fite me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: mgs2solidsnake_msxbox.jpg (84KB, 640x864px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2solidsnake_msxbox.jpg
84KB, 640x864px
This game is better than Metal Gear Solid. Fite me
>>
>>4065049
I dont bully retards on principle.
>>
Why would I fite u when ur rite?
>>
>>4065049
I first played MGS1 a few months ago, immediately after playing this. And it honestly just feels like a butchered remake.
>>
MGS is essentially a remake of this game, so...
>>
>>4065049
I'm gonna disagree with you on account of the swamp bit alone.
>>
>>4065192
Wtf? The swamp bit takes 10 mins to figure out, tops.
>>
>>4065206
Even if that's true it felt like an eternity to me.
>>
>>4065058
fbpb
>>
>>4065165
They all feel that way up until Snake Eater
>>
Yeah, I liked it better than MGS, but both are about on par, I just find 2D to be more of my thing.
Also, reminder that Jungle Infiltration from Snake's Revenge still is the best Metal Gear-related piece of music and that it should have been reused as a leitmotif throughout the series, missed opportunity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKjNOcjDXY
>>
>>4065260
The main problem to me is the proximity of the camera. in MG2 the top down view makes sense because you can see the entire room at once so nothing blind-seds you out of nowhere.
But in solid you cant see 10 feet infront of you. It just makes me wish it had a 3rd person cam kind of like syphon filter.

>inb4 MUH RADAR

There's no radar in the wolf cave or during the tank fight. Losing sight of an armored vehicle that was at the most 30ft from me was aggravating beyond words.
>>
>>4065293
That's why Konami added a first-person view for the MGS remake, making TS the superior version.
>>
>>4065303
Wait, MGSTS has a first person camera mode?
Do you mean just for aiming or you can play the whole game in first person?
>>
>>4065309
aiming.
>>
>>4065332
Well that would certainly help for boss battles. But I still think the game would be inferior to MG2.
>>
>>4065309
Funnily enough, the PC version of MGS 1 have a true first person mode. Clunky as fuck to use though, and I don't remember if you could shoot in that view but you could definitely move
>>
>>4065352
Yeah, you could shoot. There was no gun drawn on screen or anything though.
Did the Playstation version not have first person view? I have played both, PC first, and never noticed the first person view being absent.
>>
>>4065293
You can just press triangle to go into first person, sure you couldnt move or shoot or anything but it was there so you could survey your surroundings. There is no excuse to have lost sight of the tank when all you had to do was press triangle.
>>
Trying out every card on doors sucked, mgs1 did it better
>>
>>4065350
It doesnt really help for boss battles it completely breaks the game. The game was designed around bosses being fought with the top down view. In twin snakes the 1st person aiming trivialized alot of fights most notably recolver ocelot. 1 of the many reason tts is co sidered inferior.
>>
>>4065562
The Japanese re-release of the PSX version had first person aiming and some extra costumes. It was basically like the Subsistance versions the other games got and is what the PC port is directly based off of.
>>
MG2 had great fundamentals, but it's flawed. There's way too much backtracking -- this is the worst thing about the game. The puzzles can also be nonsensical. The plot is also barely coherent. Otherwise, it's a great game.

By the way, MGS1 on PSX didn't have first-person view, EXCEPT for the aiming mechanism. I am 100% positive about this. I played the shit out of it.
>>
File: 1496645045129-v.png (757KB, 963x973px) Image search: [Google]
1496645045129-v.png
757KB, 963x973px
>>4065602
>yeah just stop and look around
>just stop
>while its trying to blow my ass the fuck up

Yeah dude. Cant believe I never thought of that.
>>
>>4065812
Sto being a scrub there are many places to take cover combine that with pressing shoulder buttons while in 1st person lets you peek put.

You're trash anyway for even letting the tank get out of your sight its no issue at all to be right on it the whole time.
>>
>>4065049
that's a cool steampunk metal gear on the cover
>>
>>4065618

You have it backwards, MGS1 on PSX you could look in first person view but could not aim or fire a weapon.
>>
>>4066070
>>4065618

I just realized you were probably talking about aiming the sniper rifle. Also, I just remembered that I've only played the Integral version. It's possible the basic MGS doesn't have first person look, but I know for a fact the MGS Integral version does. I even rememebr that it's triangle.
>>
>>4065049
>proto-MGS is better than MGS
>>
>>4065303
Despite the replacement of the original music I agree with you
>>
what's the best way to play this?

there is an msx2+ at my parents house that I could take from them and I know the MegaFlashRom and other flashcarts exist, but I just want to know for sure if I can patch the mg2 rom with an english translation and then play it on the msx2
>>
>>4065293
>moving away from the tank when you got close
It's literally the easiest fight in the whole game, chaff then grenade
>>
>>4066174
>proto mgs
>>
>>4065350
>>4065607
>The game was designed around bosses being fought with the top down view. In twin snakes the 1st person aiming trivialized alot of fights

it's been awhile since i played both but...

revolver ocelot was really the only fight i remember being easier with the inclusion of 1st person aiming

you could make a case for the tank fight but i can't remember the specifics fully since i think you could also fight him by placing claymores around the tank

mantis disables 1st person aiming in his fight

grey fox & the liquid fist fight you didn't need it for

the hind, wolf & REX required you to use weapons that can only be equipped in 1st person anyway

the only other one i'm foggy on is the car chase with liquid
>>
>>4065293
Yeah I hate this as well. Almost makes MGS 1+2 unplayable since they are the only ones without over the shoulder camera/good top down.
>>
>>4065606
Isn't that fixed in MG2? Thought that was only an issue for MG1
>>
>>4065812
Use the chaff grenades to disable the main cannon you dumbass
>>
>>4066519
MG2 has a Euro version, just play that
>>
>>4066589
It definitely made sneaking easier because you could just kill everyone from afar without ever having to sneak
>>
>>4066880
>because you could just kill everyone
>just kill everyone
>kill everyone
>kill

in fairness you are right and the inclusion of the tranq gun made non lethal eaiser too. but going lethal in metal gear outside of MGS4 & MGR just feels wrong.
>>
>>4066875
You sure? MG2 was JP only I think
>>
>>4066519
Emulation.
>>
>>4066880
Yeah sneaking was pathetically easy in TS since they didn't change the guards or their placement at all to compensate for the aiming, plus you could shoot out all the cameras.
>>4066519
It got included in English with the MGS3 Subsistence re-release as well as the MGS HD collection, so you could try one of those if you can't get an MSX2 version in English.
>>
>>4066869
Nope, doors are a guessing game until you get the multiuse card
>>
>>4065606
>When you in a room full of Chrischans farts and have a gas mask but you need to open a door and need to cycle those cards.
>>
>>4066568
Not that guy but it is though
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.