[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Namco 1984 fail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Tower_of_Druaga_Logo_1_a.gif (56KB, 676x418px) Image search: [Google]
Tower_of_Druaga_Logo_1_a.gif
56KB, 676x418px
Why is Namco so proud of this game?

Its fucking impossible!
>>
>>4064881
>IN ANOTHER TIME
>IN ANOTHER WORLD...
>THE BLUE CRYSTAL ROD
>KEPT THE KINGDOM IN PEACE

>BUT THE EVIL DEMON DRUAGA
>HID THE ROD
>AND THE MAIDEN KI
>IN A TOWER

>THE PRINCE GILGAMESH
>WORE GOLD ARMOR
>AND ATTACKED MONSTERS
>TO HELP KI IN
>THE TOWER OF DRUAGA
>>
>>4064891
Gi-RU-gamesh!
>>
You are supposed to play it as a community, sharing secrets with other players to solve the tower's riddles together.
>>
>>4064903
Fuck that!

Literally the only thing good about it is the soundtrack.
>>
File: 1494950775589.jpg (45KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494950775589.jpg
45KB, 490x490px
What's the best version?
>>
>>4064903
>You are supposed to play it as a community, sharing secrets with other players to solve the tower's riddles together.

How can one company be so based?
>>
>>4064925
PC engine has a remake. It's translated too
>>
>>4064917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqJgs6MbUk&list=PL-vD6rIjXrcL9WKGdf1yjNyapRpyi8oV4

Dude, the soundtrack is the best.
>>
>>4064903
A shame this is a lost art in the advent of strategy guides and, later, the internet.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (43KB, 483x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
43KB, 483x500px
>>4064925
Iv'e always played it on ps1 from Namco museum volume three. They has 2 extra versions called another tower & darkness tower.
>>
File: The_Nightmare_Of_Druaga-DVD-PS2.jpg (233KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
The_Nightmare_Of_Druaga-DVD-PS2.jpg
233KB, 1200x798px
>>4064881
If it's anything like this piece of garbage I can understand where you'r coming from.
>>
>>4064903
>You are supposed to play it as a community
Bullshit the game was just made to suck quarters like a cheap whore. The community aspect was born out of desperation felt by the people that experienced how unfair this game was. The only reason people continued was just to say "we beat it". The game itself is pure shit.
>>
>>4064971
Maybe the game was just too Japanese for you.
>>
File: 250px-Tower_of_Druaga_flyer.jpg (30KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Tower_of_Druaga_flyer.jpg
30KB, 250x355px
>>4064936
>>4064945
And to think I've always played the old arcade cabinet.
>>
>>4064881
>>4064991
Yeah that's it.
You pretty much had to be Japanese to enjoy it.
[The anime sucks as well]
>>
>>4064952
It is and it's an amazing intersection of mysterious dungeon roguelike with druaga sporting far more beautiful graphics than could possibly be necessary for those games. A real gem that I would probably post about more often if it was retro.
>>
>>4064881
It did what Zelda 1 did but on arcades and before Zelda.
>>
>>4064971
At least some of the machines had notebooks attached specifically so players could leave each other notes and hints. But I don't know if the first machines had that. If they did then it was definitely intentional.
>>
>>4065003
>[The anime sucks as well]
You suck, the anime is great.
>>
>>4064903
>>4065856
The college-age Japs loved this kind of shit.
>>
>>4064903
Most of the secrets seem bizarre and random, I can't imagine most people discovered them any way but accidentally without using a strategy guide. And even then you have to jump through so many hoops for many of them that even with the trial and error of thousands of people playing it I still can't see people discovering many of them.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was an arcade game I'd call it strategy guide bait.

>>4065865
>delete post to make adjustments
>somebody quotes it
Every single time.
>>
>>4065879
>And even then you have to jump through so many hoops for many of them that even with the trial and error of thousands of people playing it I still can't see people discovering many of them.
I wouldn't go that far, even if they get really specific in how you need to do some of them.
>>
So what's the proper way to play this game today? Use a walktgrough the whole time? Seems cheap, but with this game that's probably closer to the original experience than playing blind.
>>
>>4065864
The anime is brave and creative beyond all expectations and it still sucks. Characters have no soul or expressions and crazy fantasy events are resolved by poker-faced japaneezos just accepting that everything around them is shit. The only good parta is the opening, which is completely meta and has NOTHING to do with the anime itself.
>>
>>4067869
The proper way is to literally get a group of at least 5 people together and have them take turns playing the game in front of each other until they work out how to get the secrets.

A lot of people just DO NOT remember all the different rumours that abounded in arcades during the 80s/early 90s. The best American examples I can give are all the Mortal Kombat secrets that had to be spread by word-of-mouth.
>>
>>4067869
>Use a walktgrough the whole time? Seems cheap
Not at all, even knowing all the secrets beforehand the game is incredibly difficult, let alone for the regular player nowadays.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.