[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can only choose one and explain why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: bonds.png (401KB, 584x245px) Image search: [Google]
bonds.png
401KB, 584x245px
You can only choose one and explain why
>>
There are literally 0 ports that are superior on N64.
>>
>>4064812
>that reload animation for the single action sniper rifle

hnnggg
>>
>>4064818
>>
>>4064818
>>
>>4064812
I'll take the ps version because my 64 is unstable.
>>
File: Shadow_Man.jpg (151KB, 509x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Man.jpg
151KB, 509x350px
>>4064818
>>
>>4065159
good god the PS version is beyond shit.
>>
>>4065159
>>4064954
>>4064950
PC version is better
>>
>>4065349
Lolno
>>
>>4065357
lolyes
>>
>>4064950

WHAT WERE THEY THINKINGGGGGG?
>>
>>4065349
>rush
>pc version is based off the midway arcade treasures 3 port, which fucks everything up
>>
>>4064812
Only retards play the playstations versions of multiplats. Everything that isn't 2d is pretty shit on the ps1.
>>
>>4066289
Okay, but almost always the PC version is best
>>
>>4066290
TWINE wasn't a multiplat, they're two different game. Aladdin tier.

I like the PSX version of it for what it is but N64 was clearly the better game
>>
TWINE for N64 is definitely the better game, but there was an interesting discussion on the shooters forever forum about the game's technical aspects, and quite frankly it is a mess.

Basically the game uses mipmapping which is an expensive LOD feature (requires twice as many texture unit cycles and halves texture cache size) supposed to improve texture quality, in the worst possible way. The textures are always fixed to using the second mip level which is a quarter of the size of the full texture, despite the fact that the full texture is loaded into the texture cache (cause in the way N64 works it has to). So basically, for absolutely no reason, the game is wasting precious GPU cycles making texture quality worse.

Also there are many places in the game where flat shading is used, but instead of using the GPU's super fast vertex lighting for flat shading they used...a texture representing a flat shaded color, once again for absolutely no reason.

Eurocom made the better game, but their technical incompetence with the N64 version was astounding.
>>
>>4066290
might wanna retract that statement, anon
>>
>>4066936
I sure hope you're not trying to say that measures up to the PC version.
>>
>>4066936
There's no point playing this because it's just the PC version dumbed down for console. The only reason people jack over this port is because somebody actually managed to get an FPS on the PS1 that didn't look like total shit, not because it's actually really good.

At least the N64 version has almost entirely new content, so it can stake itself out as a mission pack for people that have finished Q2 on PC.
>>
>>4066979
>At least the N64 version has almost entirely new content
Doesn't mean it's good.
>so it can stake itself out as a mission pack for people that have finished Q2 on PC.
Yeah, I'm sure that's a popular thing the PC fans did... in Fantasy Land.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.