[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castle/vr/ania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: scv.jpg (129KB, 255x244px) Image search: [Google]
scv.jpg
129KB, 255x244px
Do you like Castlevania?
Post your favorites.

IV is my favorite, followed closely by Castlevania 1 and III.
>>
>>4063613
Toss-up between either Chronicles or Rondo.

Also, IV is shit.
>>
File: castlevania4.jpg (202KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania4.jpg
202KB, 1024x768px
>>4063628
Love these too, do you like Bloodlines?
>IV is shit.
Aw anon, it's not, but I value your opinions anyway.
>>
X68k > III > Rondo > Bloodlines > I > X (SNES) > II > IV
>>
>>4063737
Good taste
>>
>>4063737
where's the msx game
>>
>>4063761
Just games with full console releases.
>>
What's the best emulator for the 64 games? I understand they're shit, but I want to play them anyway. Project64 doesn't seem to run them very well.
>>
>>4063776
Mupen64.
>>
>>4063737
>Rondo that high
>68k as your most favorite

Meh, hipster taste.
>>
>>4063863
If he were a hipster he would've put the mediocre 3 lower since everyone and their mum's bull love to jack off to that game.
>>
>>4063874
He is a hipster regardless.
X68K is the hipster Castlevania now that Rondo is the most popular with normies after IV.
>>
>>4063878
>X68K is the hipster Castlevania
Or maybe it's just really good which it is but didn't become more known until emulation.
>>
>>4063885
I think it's just good, not the best one.
I used to overrate it at first too, but upon continuous replays I realized it's not that great, I don't like it better than CV1 or III.
>>
>>4063891
Why not? 1 is very basic and rudimentary and 3 has too much shit design to be considered one of the best.
>>
>>4063923
>basic and rudimentary
I call it perfect.
>too much shit design
I can count more design flaws on X68K.
>>
>>4063926
>I call it perfect.
Show me an example of interesting platforming in CV1.

>I can count more design flaws on X68K.
X68K doesn't have nearly as many half-assed vertically oriented stages as 3.

Plus, the helper characters tend to break balance.
>>
File: 1329039983821.jpg (70KB, 696x779px) Image search: [Google]
1329039983821.jpg
70KB, 696x779px
My favorites are 1 and Rondo. Both are fun as fuck and dem OSTs mang. I will never forget the moment I listened to Wicked Child for the first time. It was amazing.
>>
>X68k
Anyone managed to clear all 6 loops? I've read in some interview that even the level decorations are changing a bit in some loops.
>>
>>4063613
I only tried Super Castlevania IV recently. I thought it was shit 2bh. Too easy and was just boring af game.

I also had Castlevania 64. Thought it was okay, playable, but nothing special. never beat it because my memory card got corrupted twice with it so just said fuck it as wasn't inclined enough to play it more. pretty meh game.

I hope the other games are better than castlevania 4 'cause goddamn that game blows desu
>>
Rondo>Bloodlines>>>Super>>>Dracula X

A shame most people haven't played anything on the PC Engine other than Rondo, it's a fantastic console
>>
>>4063613
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Sorry /vr/ thats just the way it is. some things will never change
>>
Castlevania 4 is radical because you can moonwalk
Rondo is amazing too because you can do radical backflips
What other reason do you need to play a game?
>>
>>4064310
Why did you spoiler those?
>>
>>4064283
Name me some essential games that aren't shmups
>>
>>4064386
Ys IV Dawn of Ys
Ys Book I and II
Legend of Xanadu I and II
Exile
New Adventure Island
Wonder Boy III Dragon Trap
Bonk 2 (note how I didn't say 1 or 3)
Liquid Kids
Parasol Stars
Bomberman 93 and 94
Blood Gear
River City Ransom
Forgotten Worlds
SonSon II
Super Dodgeball
Devil Crush
Dungeon Explorer I and II
Outrun (probably best racing game on the platform)
Shinobi

That's some to get you started. Idk what genres you like or anything. PCE is a bit weaker in platformers than other consoles but theres still some good shit

There's a ton of good games that are still stuck in Japanese, like Gulliver Boy, Brandish, Emerald dragon, Snatcher, Cosmic Fantasy series, etc
>>
>>4064397
Thanks
>>
why is Super Castlevania IV shit?
>>
>>4064389
Castlevania IV is a Konami game, not a Nintendo game.

>>4064317
You can actually moonwalk on Rondo too, just hold the attack button and walk back.
>>
>>4064593
It's not shit, a few vocal trolls on 4chan doesn't mean their opinion is fact. It's one of the highest rated Castlevanias.
>>
>>4064593
>terrible bosses
>millions of hearts every level
>too easy

There's more but I'm sure some other anon will get into
>>
>>4064627
Yes but what system did it come out on
Your blinder than a bat
>>
>>4064650
>too easy

Not like Castlevania is a hard series by any means. I bet your favorite is Rondo which is the actual easiest.
>>
>>4064652
It came out in Emulation.
Just face it, not everyone has a raging hateboner for IV and it has nothing to do with being a nintenfag or not.
>>
>>4064593
It's too popular with "normies".
Many e-celebs praise it
It's on Nintendo
>>
>>4064653
>I bet your favorite is Rondo which is the actual easiest.
Someone always says this in every CV thread, but they fail to realize that Rondo has the hardest designed bosses in the series which take actual practice to not die to, unless you decide to cheese with the Bible or Guardian Knuckle. At any rate, they're a lot more interesting to fight than any of Super IV's bosses, besides the ghost dancers.
>>
>>4064757
Every thread is the same 3 or 4 guys duking it out to see who's the most hardcore Castlevania player.

I agree Rondo's bosses are amazing, and I also like the ghost dancers on CV4.
Love the series to be honest.
>>
>>4064656
Then why did my anti castlevania 4 thread get deleted last night
>>
>>4064653
I like bloodlines as my favorite
>>
>>4064783
>why was my blatant shitpost thread deleted
I
W O N D E R
>>
>>4064786
Dozens of "what went wrong" threads on here all the time
Weird the snes one gets deleted
>>
>>4064802
>why was my blatant shitpost thread deleted
I
W O N D E R
>>
>>4064785
Still within the easy range. Even some Metroidvanias are harder than Bloodlines, Rondo or IV.
>>
>>4063613
3 / 1
Rondo
Bloodlines
X (SNES)
>>
>>4063613
Holy fuck. The amount of "unpopular opinion" holier than thou bullshit in every CV thread.

"DAE IV AND SOTN TEH SUXXX LEL"

Fucking faggots.

The half-way point defeating dracula music change is worth it for the entire playthrough.
>>
>>4064757
>Someone always says this in every CV thread
because its true.

>unless you decide to cheese with the Bible or Guardian Knuckle.
right so now they're only hard if you purposefully force yourself not to use tools available to you? rondos easy get over it.
>>
>>4065849
>right so now they're only hard if you purposefully force yourself not to use tools available to you? rondos easy get over it.

Spoken like a true casual who hasn't even done a whip-only run in any Castlevania game.
>>
>>4065873
anything easier than PoR level 1 hard mode old axe armor is for casuals, tbqh
>>
I'm trying to finish 3 but the last 2 screens is a nightmare for me. Any tips for the crows? They aren't much of a problem is I make it with an ax but if I die I'm fucked.
And whats the trick to the medusa room? I made it through once just by running, every other time I haven't been so lucky.
I'm working on gittin gud but I doubt it's gunna happen
>>
>>4064326
they are non retro.
>>
favorite is 4

I actually like Dracula x a lot. great music and graphics.

so 4, drac x, and 3.

I never played rondo
>>
>>4065910
Should've just played the superior jap version.
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Right now Dracula X is my current favorite. I've recently discovered it and the music and graphics do more for me than IV. Second fave has to be Aria of Sorrow, followed by Bloodlines on Genesis.

Curently playing through the x6800 on Chronicles and the original Rondo on Vita and having a blast. Honestly I kind of like X more than Rondo.

I haven't played 2 or 3 on NES yet. Also I kind of like 64 more than I probably should.
>>
The least currently popular one is my favorite, my tastes are very hardcore and too esoteric for you to understand

The ones people actually like are casuel garbage for small newborn babies

/thread, you have just read a summary of every castlevania thread this board will ever produce
>>
>>4069824

Thats going too far. I do think IV is overrated but its not bad. The art direction is weaker than most Castlevania games and thats it's downfall.
>>
>>4069778
i still remember when CV threads used to get 500+ replies and get on autosage, back when Australia-kun could still bait people.
>>
>>4063613
Either Dracula X on SNES or SOTN Hardtype Hack
1,3 and 4 are also fantastic
>>
>>4069824
It's one of the greatest platformers of all time. It's a shame your own autistic purism is keeping you from realizing that. If it was given a non-Castlevania reskin, maybe you'd love it.
>>
>>4069991
He's just baiting, don't bother.
>>
>>4064175
To be 100% honest, every single Castlevania game has tracks and moments that make you make go that face. Usually the first track is the hit (like VK on 1), but then something like Wicked Child comes up and it shakes your world the fuck up.
And when it comes to vania music, Haunted Castle is underrated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDEVr1XLoZs
Everyone knows Cross Your Heart, but that's the "hit" one, the rest of the soundtrack is full of great pieces like stage 6. That's some wacky, epic salsa-flavored Castlevania theme. Love it.
>>
>>4063628
>IV is shit

EIGHT

WAY

WIPPAN
>>
>>4063613
CV4 is easily the worst classicvania. Really don't understand why anyone cares for it..
>>
>>4070918
Instead of focusing on games you personally don't like that others like, why don't you tell us about the ones you do like?
What's your favorite Castlevania game?
>>
File: images (8).jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
4KB, 168x192px
I don't care what any of you dorks think.

Sotn is my favorite Castlevania and we need another dedicated Alucard game so badly.
>>
File: trevorkun.jpg (126KB, 550x520px) Image search: [Google]
trevorkun.jpg
126KB, 550x520px
>>4070923
Very well. I find 3 to be the pinnacle of the series. Atmosphere comes together so well with a combination of great sprite art, a fantastic soundtrack, and good choice in color usage to create about as good of a horror theme as one could on the system. Even further beyond that, the game is practically bleeding out level design quality and even manages to bring new and great features without ruining the formula such as new characters with unique abilities and multiple paths. It's also one of the more satisfying games to beat in general due to the constant challenge which pushes you to do better and that moment in which you do is irreplaceable. It's not out of reach and you have infinite lives, so the game is practically teasing you with "Come on anon, just one more try!". This game's quality is high enough to potentially even change what one might expect from a game during its era. It plays like something from late 16 bit that was shoved into an NES cart for some reason. It's also rather impressive that Konami managed to localize the OST so well considering the loss of the expansion audio provided to Akumajo Densetsu via the VRC6. All around this game is just a product of love and effort. It's one of the games that really keeps me coming back.

[spoilers]CVX is good too.[/spoiler]
>>
just over 2 weeks till the netflix series. whos hyped?
>>
>>4071114
Actually have very low expectations, but I'll check it out, who knows.
But to me it's like... I think Castlevania: The Animation is Vampire Hunter D, and I doubt any other movie will surpass that, even when based on actual Castlevania games. But we'll see, I want to be surprised by it.
>>
>>4071114
not me, I don't play Castlevania for the amazing plots. I hope there's lots of references to various enemies and trivial bits, but I have the feeling it's going to be pretty generic. Hard knowing, the trailer didn't really show much.
>>
>>4071118
>I think Castlevania: The Animation is Vampire Hunter D
Ugh, please never say that again...

I just watched this for the first time last week and no. Just no. It was okay at best. I watched the 80's(?) film though, so maybe I watched the wrong one? Was kinda blurry to me if that was the good one or not. It was entertaining at least though, I'll give it that. Just nowhere near CV tier.
>>
>>4063628

I clicked on this thread to see how few replies it would take for it to fall into mindless hatred (being a Castlevania thread and all). I thought maybe I would see it before I even scrolled down.

I was not disappointed.
>>
>>4064662

Huh, I thought the IV hate was partially rooted in Egoraptor's thingy on it. I've never seen anybody "famous" praising it, except AVGN who doesn't really count because he's so obviously not a skilled player or critic of games.
>>
>>4071209

I think Bloodlust is supposed to be the good one? That was made in 2000.

I saw both, I think, some 15 years ago... Bloodlust definitely seemed much cooler and better. But maybe I was dumb then and they both sucked, I dunno. Anyway try watching the other one I guess.
>>
>>4071545
I remember Gamesack talking highly about IV, even Joe, the ardent Sega fanboy.
>>
>>4071545
>I've never seen anybody "famous" praising it
I've never seen anybody "famous" shit on it. Even Egoraptor, who never finished the game in his life and dared to make a "critic" of the game design (many of the ideas he said would make the game better, were already implemented on the later levels of the game - he just never got there because he can't git gud), but still he said IV is a great game. He just wants to sound smartass by making "critics" to popular games like CV IV and OOT, but all his credibility was lost when he finally made Game Grumps episodes about these games and everybody could see how little he knew about those games, and how he sucked as a player.

The IV hate you see around here is mostly contrarians, shitposters, bait, etc.
Like, it's OK if it's not everybody's favorite Castlevania, there's many great ones to pick as one's favorite, but when I see someone saying "IV is shit! overrated!" I start rolling my eyes.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.